Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
First, I appreciate everyone answering my random questions.

I’m planning to PPF the front of my car but wanted to see what damage (if any) happens to the rear quarters? I had a ‘16 GT and the area in front of the rear wheels got rashed up pretty bad from the front tires kicking up dust and pebbles. Is this something to worry about on the GT500? I don’t want to wrap the whole car if I can avoid it.

For now I plan to wrap the whole hood, vent, bumper, lights, and mirrors. Any other areas of concern? Thanks!
Sponsored

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6

I’m planning to PPF the front of my car but wanted to see what damage (if any) happens to the rear quarters? I had a ‘16 GT and the area in front of the rear wheels got rashed up pretty bad from the front tires kicking up dust and pebbles. Is this something to worry about on the GT500? I don’t want to wrap the whole car if I can avoid it.

For now I plan to wrap the whole hood, vent, bumper, lights, and mirrors. Any other areas of concern? Thanks!
Rocker panels for sure

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Definitely consider adding, at the least, rear quarter protection, for the reason you mentioned. The side rocker "boogie boards" will help, but the quarters will still get sandblasted. At least do the area in front of the rear tires....

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I would recommend the rear deck lid panel with the snake on it!! I didn’t do it on my 350 and did it on the 500 and it so nice to not have to worry about the cheap plastic!!

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
So, when I was trying to figure out how much and what I wanted to ppf, I started out planning to get the entire front end, rockers, couple pieces in front of rear tires on the quarter panels and partial roof and a-pillars.

Then my guy slapped a few pieces on my car so I could see the seams for myself. They show differently on every color. So I suggest doing this.

For me, I have velocity blue, and while they weren't "bad", from certain angles my eye went to them immediately. So I then decided to do the entire A-pillars, roof, and quarter panels to keep it seamless. It up'd the price about 1200.00 but worth it IMO.

Then I asked how much to add the full doors, so I wouldn't have a seam down on the rockers as well and he quoted me 500.00. I'm not doing the rear bumper or trunk but I am doing the black bits... rear deck lid and spoiler/gurney flap.

So at the end of the day, I would suggest pricing it out different ways with your installer and having a test piece put on to visualize how the seams looks on your car. They may or may not be acceptable to your eye.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The guy I’ve been recommended to is on the higher side of pricing but my detail guy swears by him and I swear by my detail guy so who’s to argue lol. I’ve seen his work first hand today on a Tesla Model Y and I couldn’t find one edge or corner that wasn’t tucked. Guess it comes down to what I can afford at the time cause I’m having the detailer do a full decon, paint correction, and CQuartz ceramic and that won’t be cheap so i may have to do it piecemeal.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
The guy I’ve been recommended to is on the higher side of pricing but my detail guy swears by him and I swear by my detail guy so who’s to argue lol. I’ve seen his work first hand today on a Tesla Model Y and I couldn’t find one edge or corner that wasn’t tucked. Guess it comes down to what I can afford at the time cause I’m having the detailer do a full decon, paint correction, and CQuartz ceramic and that won’t be cheap so i may have to do it piecemeal.
Keep in mind, you can't ppf over ceramic! So don't Cquartz until after you do ppf!