Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am in the process of reading every post on every page but until then. I have the convertible with the conventional stereo 4 speakers setup I think.
What is the poor mans upgrade for the sound?
Sponsored

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I came across your thread because Iā€™m actually kind of tired of whatā€™s going on with my 401A model it has the shaker system with the crappy sub in the back. Let me give you a little break down of what Iā€™ve done. I had all new speakers put in already and have 2 Amps in the trunk. I used high/low converters to gat signal for the sub and used the shaker 10ā€ to do that with. I disconnected the 10ā€ pulled it out and instead put a 10ā€ mid loud speaker in there. Then I cut the 2 blue wires and 2 red wires that where feeding the old 10ā€ in the shaker box and used a high/low converter to change to RCA. Then ran the rcaā€™s to my amp and connected a 12ā€ kicker 4ohm DVC. After that I had some good bass now had to do the same to the rest of the speaker. So I purchased a 4 channel amp used the stock amp speaker wires but instead of tapping into the wires that run from the head unit to the amp I cut them and ran some speaker wires to the back. I also used a high/low converter to get signal for the door and deck speakers. But after I connected everything and got a phone call I wasnā€™t getting and voice from the person I was talking to in the new speaker connection I made. Only voice was coming out was from the door mid range speaker s and the center speaker in the dash. Question I have is, Should I have just tapped into the speakers I cut away to run to the back for the amp. I was afraid if I did that I would blow the stock amp and then it would be a big problem because o know you canā€™t connect amp with amp if it doesnā€™t have a bridge feature. I want to get the voice from phone call in the rest of the speakers but Iā€™m nerve about doing it. Let me if you made any kind of sense from what I tried to explain. šŸ¤£
Thank you.
I think it is coming from dash speaker or all speakers very faint; I notice this after installing 4 amp to all speakers from tapping all 4 speaker wires at the ACM and updating for Variable Low Level outs all channels through Forscan... Other than the chines coming through dash speaker, which is fine, I too notice the calls very low volume even if I turn the volume to 30 now... sharing my results to tag along for any possible solutions from these posts ;-)

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the process of reading every post on every page but until then. I have the convertible with the conventional stereo 4 speakers setup I think.
What is the poor mans upgrade for the sound?
Forscan to remove EQ... Then upgrade all 4 speakers... Then install AMP to drive the 4 speakers... finally Sub with self powered or separate AMP... You can do the sub first; that is what I did...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Sponsored

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Your post is difficult to read due to lack of paragraphs. Just busting ballsšŸ˜†
Oh, ok. I know itā€™s like 1 long sentence. But was trying to get everything written down before I loose my track of thought. Sorry. šŸ˜„

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I think it is coming from dash speaker or all speakers very faint; I notice this after installing 4 amp to all speakers from tapping all 4 speaker wires at the ACM and updating for Variable Low Level outs all channels through Forscan... Other than the chines coming through dash speaker, which is fine, I too notice the calls very low volume even if I turn the volume to 30 now... sharing my results to tag along for any possible solutions from these posts ;-)
Did either of you use an integration kit like a Maestro AR and harness or are you just tapping the wires and feeding the amplified signal back into the factory speaker wires? I used a DSR1 with the Maestro AR integrated and flashed the device firmware for my model year and the Maestro AFO3 harness and removed the factory amp completely and everything works fine.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did either of you use an integration kit like a Maestro AR and harness or are you just tapping the wires and feeding the amplified signal back into the factory speaker wires? I used a DSR1 with the Maestro AR integrated and flashed the device firmware for my model year and the Maestro AFO3 harness and removed the factory amp completely and everything works fine.
I used a hi/low converter. Itā€™s a box that has left & right speaker wires coming out and rca outputs.
And I connected to the stock amp in the kick panel then you connect the rcaā€™s to that box and run to the aftermarket amp in the trunk.
But instead of tapping into the wires that run to the stock amp I cut them and wired in the hi/low converter. I was afraid that if I didnā€™t do it that way I would blow the amp in the kick panel. Now Iā€™m thinking I should have tapped into the speaker wires at the amp in the kick panel so that way I would have voice coming out of the speakers with phone calls.
I didnā€™t use an integration kit. when I did the setup I donā€™t think there was one made for these cars yet. I did it that long ago. I have the 8ā€ lcd radio screen with navigation.

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I used a hi/low converter. Itā€™s a box that has left & right speaker wires coming out and rca outputs.
And I connected to the stock amp in the kick panel then you connect the rcaā€™s to that box and run to the aftermarket amp in the trunk.
But instead of tapping into the wires that run to the stock amp I cut them and wired in the hi/low converter. I was afraid that if I didnā€™t do it that way I would blow the amp in the kick panel. Now Iā€™m thinking I should have tapped into the speaker wires at the amp in the kick panel so that way I would have voice coming out of the speakers with phone calls.
I didnā€™t use an integration kit. when I did the setup I donā€™t think there was one made for these cars yet. I did it that long ago. I have the 8ā€ lcd radio screen with navigation.
I would have left the stock amp wires uncut (tap into them instead or use a T harness, even better) and used the outputs into the LOC, if you have a quality LOC they can handle 40 volts. There is a bus system that runs in the car that connects your camera, chimes, etc. The LOC can take that input, knock it down and then you can feed another amplifier but still receive the outputs from the ACM. You will have amplified chimes but they will work. That is why I went with the Maestro, it handles those ACM calls and plays the chimes and backup notifications, call sound muting, etc. and you can just adjust the level of them.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I would have left the stock amp wires uncut (tap into them instead or use a T harness, even better) and used the outputs into the LOC, if you have a quality LOC they can handle 40 volts. There is a bus system that runs in the car that connects your camera, chimes, etc. The LOC can take that input, knock it down and then you can feed another amplifier but still receive the outputs from the ACM. You will have amplified chimes but they will work. That is why I went with the Maestro, it handles those ACM calls and plays the chimes and backup notifications, call sound muting, etc. and you can just adjust the level of them.
Pics of when I did this a few months ago:

stereo2.jpg

stereo.jpg

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I used Axxess ax-dsp-fd2 harness for my 2017 Mustang with sync 3

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ok whatā€™s an LOC or put a link to the parts. Then will do the rest. I have the chimes and backup warnings just no voice with phone calls. Iā€™m just going to reconnect and tap in and it should work.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Ok whatā€™s an LOC or put a link to the parts. Then will do the rest. I have the chimes and backup warnings just no voice with phone calls. Iā€™m just going to reconnect and tap in and it should work.
Line Output Converter, for example an Audio Control LC2i
Sponsored