Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I have not read all 78 pages, but is the 12 speaker set up the same from the 2015 to the 2021?
or have there been changes.
The 2020 system iirc isn't listed as B/O. like the 2021 is. but seems the same Set up. other than who's name is on the speaker grills.
Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I have not read all 78 pages, but is the 12 speaker set up the same from the 2015 to the 2021?
The 2020 system iirc isn't listed as B/O. like the 2021 is. but seems the same Set up. other than who's name is on the speaker grills.
You mean as speaker sizes.

The only I know that is different is there's a 10" sub instead of a 8". I actually just found that out recently.

ratio411

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The B&O is an option on the 20. I have it in my car. I don’t know when the B&O became available, but it is different than the Shaker. Someone else would have to give the details. I came here for info and was disappointed to find the sticky began in 2015, so I have to search 78 pages to find 2020 relevant info.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The B&O is an option on the 20. I have it in my car. I don’t know when the B&O became available, but it is different than the Shaker. Someone else would have to give the details. I came here for info and was disappointed to find the sticky began in 2015, so I have to search 78 pages to find 2020 relevant info.
What info. are you looking for concerning the B&O stereo? Several of us have made modifications to it and achieved great results.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I believe the last year for Shaker was 2018.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes for B&O dedicated am for sub or other.
For my B&O stereo enhancements, I run an AudioControl 1.300 micro amp for my 12” JL Audio Stealthbox, an AudioControl 4.300 micro amp
D732E610-78A0-409E-9A10-6186D205B9F5.jpeg
for my Hertz DSK 165 mid bass woofers in the doors and Hertz 24.3 tweets in the A-pillars. I’m also running an AudioControl DM-608 digital sound processor.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is that NOS to cool the amps?
Haha! When the nitrous is on, the stereo is off and I’m saying to my car; “give me max speed and power now!” It looks a little confusing back there, but the amp rack actually doubles as a mounting rack for some of the nitrous wiring and relays as well.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Wow these are some amazing systems! I have the base audio and just want to replace the front speakers with JBL GTO components (rear too but that’s easy). I’m not sure the best way to wire it w the crossovers.

Do I mount the x overs in the kick panel and try to use existing wire, or run new wire from the head unit? Or something entirely different?

I’ve installed components many times in other vehicles, but this one is a little more tricky with the tweets in the A pill and the split oem wiring in the front.

Any advice? Sorry I’ve tried to read as much as possible but 79 pages…most of it is hard core stuff.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wow these are some amazing systems! I have the base audio and just want to replace the front speakers with JBL GTO components (rear too but that’s easy). I’m not sure the best way to wire it w the crossovers.

Do I mount the x overs in the kick panel and try to use existing wire, or run new wire from the head unit? Or something entirely different?

I’ve installed components many times in other vehicles, but this one is a little more tricky with the tweets in the A pill and the split oem wiring in the front.

Any advice? Sorry I’ve tried to read as much as possible but 79 pages…most of it is hard core stuff.
Give yourself some flexibility and run a DSP unit with your setup and ditch the passive crossovers. Also, a PacAudio AmpPro amp interface will really simplify the entire process.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP...MIop6k9c-s8gIV3sizCh0avAFfEAAYASAAEgKDR_D_BwE

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ium-401a-recommendations.151647/#post-3092809

Here is a pic of my Hertz DSK 24.3 tweeters. I installed molex connectors on them to make them plug and play.

6D0CDCBB-13DF-40BB-AB17-79FC803B0E86.jpeg

245597EE-8DBD-4FCB-B5FD-CF046BEC71E7.jpeg

Sponsored

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Thanks, I’ll give it some thought, but not really looking to get that wild.

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Wanted to unplug the green center on my 2016 Gt premium 9 speakers... I've used the tooth method but as I was trying to get it out... the wire cutted !!! Can it stay as is or I'll need to weld / crimp to the small portion stuck into the connector?

If it stays disconnect, will I loose any option like telephone, ?? If I need to reconnect/weld, is it possible to disconnect all 3 connectors and bring the cables mush more in for of me??? I'm not a small guy and also a lefty...so that wasn't a pleasure to try to pry out the green connector!!

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Okay…I’m a little behind on stereo gear. So it looks like I can hook up a DSP to the base stereo w an adapter, then rewire all the speakers from the DSP. This will provide a lot more flexibility as NgotNR said. So now thinking about this a lot more as it would actually make wiring the speakers easier. However it will add install time, but would make adding an amp a snap down the road. Hummmmm…

I wish there were some A pillars with out the tweeter opening. I’d rather move them to the door above the 6.5 mid. I think the pillar is not ideal. Oh well…

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Okay…I’m a little behind on stereo gear. So it looks like I can hook up a DSP to the base stereo w an adapter, then rewire all the speakers from the DSP. This will provide a lot more flexibility as NgotNR said. So now thinking about this a lot more as it would actually make wiring the speakers easier. However it will add install time, but would make adding an amp a snap down the road. Hummmmm…

I wish there were some A pillars with out the tweeter opening. I’d rather move them to the door above the 6.5 mid. I think the pillar is not ideal. Oh well…
Not sure which models GT or EcoBoost have tweets in the A-pillars, but you could try looking up 2015-2017 base models to see if you can buy new A-pillars without tweeters.

I messed up my factory Bullitt A-pillar and bought new ones for a 2017 GT which came with tweets and was cheaper that buying new Bullitt ones.

Last edited:

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Thanks I’ll take a look. I did briefly but didn’t find them.
Sponsored