Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Eh. A ZL1 1LE rides like absolute dog shit on the street. If you had ever driven one you would know.
The ZL1 handles amazingly, and it's a pretty decent ride for a sports car. The ZLE is obviously geared toward the track first, street second. The ZL1 balances both really well, like the GT500.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If they would only do this or that...LOL. GM has to first get a set of bigger balls to do that. And right now "Government Motors" balls are in kamala's purse for the next 4 years.
Is this why GM is going all EV? Oh wait, that's Ford

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Haha, I would hope a brand new gt500 would beat a ZL1 considering it's been out for years now. You're delusional if you think a C8Z is gonna have any trouble beating a GT500 around a road course considering it couldn't even beat the C7Z. Both are making good cars but it's obvious GM is ahead of Ford.
yea yea yea, i heard the same thing about the C8.. and look how well that did.
Look at how well the C8 aftermarket is going.,,
Look at the all but Gm confirmed reports the c8 cant handle HP without twisting the frame

Look at how well the 1LEs do in the real world with 50% buyers remorse and being sold in the 1st year..
couldnt beat a c7z? was that before or after the GM race team had to get involved to solve the cooling issue? or are you now saying lb for lb? its always the same with you guygs. take the L and come back stronger, when the frames can handle it that is

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
yea yea yea, i heard the same thing about the C8.. and look how well that did.
Look at how well the C8 aftermarket is going.,,
Look at the all but Gm confirmed reports the c8 cant handle HP without twisting the frame

Look at how well the 1LEs do in the real world with 50% buyers remorse and being sold in the 1st year..
couldnt beat a c7z? was that before or after the GM race team had to get involved to solve the cooling issue? or are you now saying lb for lb? its always the same with you guygs. take the L and come back stronger, when the frames can handle it that is
Lol, 50% buyers remorse? Please quote your source and numbers for that. And like I said, you're delusional if you think your 4000lb+ pig is in the same universe as a mid engine super car which the C8Z will be.

What does aftermarket support prove exactly?? That the car leaves so much to be desired that the aftermarket has to come to the rescue to help fix the car's shortcomings. That's a compliment more than anything IMO.

They both have quality issue, guess you forgot about how shitty the voodoo is or how great the MT82 has been lol.

Reactions: kz

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The ZL1 handles amazingly, and it's a pretty decent ride for a sports car. The ZLE is obviously geared toward the track first, street second. The ZL1 balances both really well, like the GT500.
Yeah, there's not really a good direct comparison when you factor in performance __and__ daily driveability (just setting aside price for a moment ...)

Like on a graph (P = performance, DD = Daily, GT5 "base" GT500):

Code:
[P]
|
| ZLE      CFT
|          GT5
|          ZL1
-------------- [DD]
It's much easier to move up the P scale if you just kind of say fuck it, to the DD scale. Ford, knowing why Mustangs sell well - even special performance models - wanted to put the GT500 in that upper / right quadrant, that's hard to achieve.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My feelings on the matter.

The CFTP car should have been more about performance and less about luxury. I don't want to hear complaints about a rear seat delete and see threads asking how to add a back seat for kids and rides to go get ice cream. I want the car more on the ragged edge so that the parade crew has no interest in them so that people that track and use the car for its intended purpose have the opportunity to find them.

So I'd have used the knowledge gained from the GT4 program and used Multimatic's spool valve dampers instead of the mag dampers. A victory for performance and a loss for comfort - all win in my book.

A lighter Recaro aimed more at track duty then street duty.

Back off on the gigantic caliper/rotor combination a hair for weight savings and go with a more hardcore choice from Brembo, geared for race duty with much thicker pads that provides the same performance and reduces unsprung weight.

The option to delete the A/C system (yes I know it gets hot at some tracks in the summer, blah, blah - pansies) if you so choose.

A track package that includes options like of a CF roof skin/CF hood/CF decklid (all as the GT4 car does), CF fenders.

Lighter, thinner glass, as some OEM's have done on race geared OEM vehicles for weight savings that still meets all applicable standards.

Use of the GT4 wing instead of the more polished OEM CFTP wing. The GT4 wing uses a similar air foil but the uprights place it quite a bit higher in the airstream.

The choice to pick a quality aluminum wheel forging that offers a $avings from choosing the CF wheels.

Ford's version of what GM calls a Performance Data Recorder. It's sad that Ford is totally lost in this performance option segment.

A well done CAI. FP hasn't done shit for the GT350 or the GT500 and are focusing on electric only. They've abandoned us way too early.

Again, my hope would be to turn a demographic away from the car that isn't in sync with a more hardcore vehicle. The clock on ICE performance cars is ticking and before long this whole thing is going to be over. Ford would sell every one and I suspect that demand would be even greater for Base models than there is now.

Alas, Ford has been willingly sucked into the "woke" vortex and as such everything they do from now on will be something designed so as not to upset the green collective. A major loss for the dinosaurs in here.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ And an OEM CCB option, and more focus on weight reduction.

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
I wouldn’t buy what you just described. I would however buy what Ford is making (CFTP). I’d like to see carbon ceramic brakes included in the package though, despite knowing why they aren’t.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear that you wouldn't buy it. That's the idea. More performance, less fluff.

Sponsored

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
<enormous snip>

Again, my hope would be to turn a demographic away from the car that isn't in sync with a more hardcore vehicle. The clock on ICE performance cars is ticking and before long this whole thing is going to be over. Ford would sell every one and I suspect that demand would be even greater for Base models than there is now.

Alas, Ford has been willingly sucked into the "woke" vortex and as such everything they do from now on will be something designed so as not to upset the green collective. A major loss for the dinosaurs in here.
Keep in mind the Mustang is selling much better than anything in it’s space so your assessments may have implicit bias. GT500 sold out at an ADM.

As for the “woke” crap ,look At Tesla stock and Ford stock and articulate to
Me why Ford wouldn’t do what TLSA are doing with electrification as a for profit entity that answers to both customer and owner. Mustang is not all
Of Ford, and Ford does not exist only for Mustang. Simple truths.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

The CFTP car should have been more about performance and less about luxury. I don't want to hear complaints about a rear seat delete and see threads asking how to add a back seat for kids and rides to go get ice cream. I want the car more on the ragged edge so that the parade crew has no interest in them so that people that track and use the car for its intended purpose have the opportunity to find them.

So I'd have used the knowledge gained from the GT4 program and used Multimatic's spool valve dampers instead of the mag dampers. A victory for performance and a loss for comfort - all win in my book.

Back off on the gigantic caliper/rotor combination a hair for weight savings and go with a more hardcore choice from Brembo, geared for race duty with much thicker pads that provides the same performance and reduces unsprung weight.

The option to delete the A/C system (yes I know it gets hot at some tracks in the summer, blah, blah - pansies) if you so choose.

A track package that includes options like of a CF roof skin/CF hood/CF decklid (all as the GT4 car does), CF fenders.

Lighter, thinner glass, as some OEM's have done on race geared OEM vehicles for weight savings that still meets all applicable standards.

Use of the GT4 wing instead of the more polished OEM CFTP wing. The GT4 wing uses a similar air foil but the uprights place it quite a bit higher in the airstream.

The choice to pick a quality aluminum wheel forging that offers a $avings from choosing the CF wheels.

Ford's version of what GM calls a Performance Data Recorder. It's sad that Ford is totally lost in this performance option segment.

A well done CAI. FP hasn't done shit for the GT350 or the GT500 and are focusing on electric only. They've abandoned us way too early.

I love bare bones cars. Sadly, they're a thing of the past for the most part.

And some of us dinosaurs would prefer that the gauges be analog too. Make the video game cluster an option or part of a package.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind the Mustang is selling much better than anything in it’s space so your assessments may have implicit bias. GT500 sold out at an ADM.

As for the “woke” crap ,look At Tesla stock and Ford stock and articulate to
Me why Ford wouldn’t do what TLSA are doing with electrification as a for profit entity that answers to both customer and owner. Mustang is not all
Of Ford, and Ford does not exist only for Mustang. Simple truths.
Keep in mind this isn't about selling more CFTP cars - consider them all sold. They are rather limited and difficult to obtain. This is about customer choice geared toward more performance and away from the factory bias that is a reflection of the decision to stay softcore - at a hefty price and in comparison to what really is a better performance vale, the poor selling Camaro versions.

As for the "woke" crap - wake up son. This is where the OEM's are headed fast. This is about a major shift due to ideology and will include a strategy to phase out your ability to enjoy your current stable, let alone alone direct your future choices due to a restriction in opportunity. None of the big three are playing the Tesla volatility game, and thank God for that.

Nobody said anything about the Mustang being "all of Ford" or that "Ford exists only for the Mustang" - this is about the CFTP car, performance, and the choices Ford made.

OP
OP

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10

YES!!

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear that you wouldn't buy it. That's the idea. More performance, less fluff.
Ford exists to sell cars and create profit. We should all appreciate that they as a mass market manufacturer even make stuff like this instead of bitching about it like a teenager. They
Keep in mind this isn't about selling more CFTP cars - consider them all sold. They are rather limited and difficult to obtain. This is about customer choice geared toward more performance and away from the factory bias that is a reflection of the decision to stay softcore - at a hefty price and in comparison to what really is a better performance vale, the poor selling Camaro versions.

As for the "woke" crap - wake up son. This is where the OEM's are headed fast. This is about a major shift due to ideology and will include a strategy to phase out your ability to enjoy your current stable, let alone alone direct your future choices due to a restriction in opportunity. None of the big three are playing the Tesla volatility game, and thank God for that.

Nobody said anything about the Mustang being "all of Ford" or that "Ford exists only for the Mustang" - this is about the CFTP car, performance, and the choices Ford made.
I fully understand both what and why electrification impacts. As a professional in the oilfield I know it better than most.
Ford operates in a governmentally regulated environment and exists to make money given a complex set of influences. It is simply more profitable for them to do what they are doing, or at least they think it is. I think Farley knows what he is doing personally.

I own (3) vehicles that won’t be made in 5 years. Trust me that I get CAFE and emissions compliance issues, not to mention public perception and share valuations, which most analysts place Mustang at zero value to Ford.
Sobering really as a performance enthusiast.
Sponsored