Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No problem at all on that one, can’t win them all.

In a perfect world all the critics and ADM and DCT haters would get to drive a 500, it’s a incredible experience. I had a 350 and loved it but the 500 is a different animal the 2 really shouldn’t be compared
haters w
Not everyone is hating. It's not "hating" to point out value. If you put me in front of a bran new R and a brand new 500 and said "pick one" I'd obviously pick the 500. Few sane people are arguing that.

Some of us are pointing out that while it's definitely an improvement and a better car, it comes at quite an expense. In fact, I'd argue the non-TP is the better value, you can get it for $20k-$30k less and ditch the heavy ass wheels and add some better aero of your choice and end up ahead.

No one is arguing that a $125 steak at the SW isn't better than the $55 steak at Ruth's. I'm just saying it's not TWICE as good.

Ford created a poor value by keeping production low and allowing dealers to rape their loyal customers. And they spent a bloody fortune on 20" CF wheels that frankly, MANY R owners put on a shelf because A) Many shops and dealers now are refusing to even touch them B) If you curb one, it's sad face x10 and C) You can get a set of $5k forged lightweight aluminums that are only a couple lbs difference so a marginal drop in performance.

Ford could have offered the car for $10k less, produced enough of them so that you don't need some ****ing ridiculous "golden ticket" to buy one and there's enough allocations to keep them at MSRP or lower and now all the sudden the car isn't just an improvement over the R, it's commensurate value.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford out to be very proud of themselves.
Not everyone is hating. It's not "hating" to point out value. If you put me in front of a bran new R and a brand new 500 and said "pick one" I'd obviously pick the 500. Few sane people are arguing that.

Some of us are pointing out that while it's definitely an improvement and a better car, it comes at quite an expense. In fact, I'd argue the non-TP is the better value, you can get it for $20k-$30k less and ditch the heavy ass wheels and add some better aero of your choice and end up ahead.

No one is arguing that a $125 steak at the SW isn't better than the $55 steak at Ruth's. I'm just saying it's not TWICE as good.

Ford created a poor value by keeping production low and allowing dealers to rape their loyal customers. And they spent a bloody fortune on 20" CF wheels that frankly, MANY R owners put on a shelf because A) Many shops and dealers now are refusing to even touch them B) If you curb one, it's sad face x10 and C) You can get a set of $5k forged lightweight aluminums that are only a couple lbs difference so a marginal drop in performance.

Ford could have offered the car for $10k less, produced enough of them so that you don't need some ****ing ridiculous "golden ticket" to buy one and there's enough allocations to keep them at MSRP or lower and now all the sudden the car isn't just an improvement over the R, it's commensurate value.
For the record

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

You're making a point that doesn't need to be made. If you want THAT car, buy a GT and throw a blower onto it. You complaining about the build and availability of a car that's already out is moot. And Ford is going to sell every single one of them and laugh all the way to the bank while doing it.

Ford is not here to appease y'all. They are here to make as much money as they possibly can. That's all.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,

You definitely live up to your moniker.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my 2 cents..... take that same car and put it on a wide open flat out track, and the spread is even greater.

He's right..... its a monster.
Did you get one ??

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Very impressive result by the GT500! Randy even picked it as his favorite, which is high praise indeed. Ford is killing it with the GT350 and GT500. I hope they take the success of these cars and carry that vision on to the next generation. As an American, it is always nice to know that our domestic manufacturers can build a world class vehicle when they care to. It’s just getting them to care that seems to be the issue. Hopefully Ford will keep this excitement rolling.

-T

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Here's the hotly contested WGDR 10 from Motor Trend. I will say, that this year's style and matchup are both bullshit. For whatever reason, they botched the GT500 vs C8 video (although I do believe the C8 would win a 1/4 mile in real world). Then decided to give the Ferrari a 1/2 mile so it could stretch it's legs over the Porsche.

It is what it is, but at least the comments seem to understand how problematic of a video this was.

DroopyGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Blame GM for that. Also, tire is not going to make up 4 seconds when performing at this level. For context, the GT350, that is 1 second faster is on Michelin PS4S too. So there's that.

I'm just tired of the C8 Z51 vs GT500 comparisons. No doubt the Z06 and ZR1 will likely be faster, but comparing a non-performance tier Corvette to a GT500 needs to stop. It's silly.
That 350 was on cup 2 tires. It was the updated 2019 350 that came with cup2FP instead of PSS With updated suspension and braking calibration. People were asking because the times of the GT350 (1.36:83) was barely off the 2016 GT350R (1.36:11) with the normal cup 2 tires and old calibration. A Michelin rep said the OEM cup2FP tires were more aggressive than PSS but not as soft and aggressive the cup2 on the GT350R and were a higher mileage tire. The GT350R with updated calibration was never run at LS and would probably dip into the 35s there with the non FP cup 2 tires.

That being said I’d bet the Vette gains two seconds with better tires and who knows if it’s in track alignment or not.

DroopyGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The ZLE lap time is from a manual guys. I wouldn’t put the GT500 CFTP ahead of ZLE without knowing the 10 speed auto version being faster. We are also talking about 0.46 seconds difference between a DCT GT500 CFTP versus manual transmission ZLE. It’s still pretty good time for the GT500 CFTP though.
Randy was already a third of a second faster in the manual ZL1 (non LE) vs the a10 around willow springs.
Sponsored