Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That was a lot to read...

Ford made a production track car, it's nice and comfortable but not some crazy shit you couldn't daily drive. Easy to swap front brakes with a 350 and gut it, the DCT is amazing and be even quicker but I feel like the majority of 500 owners are people who might drive it 2000-3000 miles a year then garage it lol.

IDK why it's being compared to a corvette when the direct competitor is the ZLE.
Because it beats the snot out of a corvette. Ask me how I know. Lol
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yeah but in my head that's the same thing as comparing a TTRS to a base WRX lol
Its been fun, but I have to get up early. A very big day tomorrow.

Argue amongst yourselves.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
As a side note; Iā€™ve driven Camaros. I believe they are terrible cars for driving daily. Obviously you disagree or agree but donā€™t care. Honestly, I donā€™t care which it is. Itā€™s fine.
The ZL1 has never impressed me at all. Whether Iā€™m more or less in tune with the buyers of these cars is irrelevant. Ford makes these decisions and we as consumers have choices. Buyers vote with dollars and not words. If you believe in GM, buy their stock. It makes
No difference to anyone but you really.
BR
You must not have driven a ZL1, then, because they are impressive machines. Your daily drivability opinion aside (and everyone is entitled to their opinion), the ZL1 is a high performance bargain.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
This proves yet again GM kids cant accept a loss, not matter how much the loss was deserved.. And ill wait for the inevitable "jUsT wAiT" for the new 2020 ME C8 to do some laps.. oh wait, i meant "jUsT wAiT" for the 2024 C8 z06 ($145k as tested) to do a 1 lap wonder and still fall just short.. and then the inevitable retest with GM's entire race staff on hand to dial it in.. to do .01 better to secure the crown in a devastating defeat of the Shelby Killer!
I don't get why it always has to be "only one thing can be good!!!".

GT500 CFTP is an amazing car. Ford did an amazing job on making the S550 platform sporty enough and slap an brutal engine on it to beat their own Ford GT supercar. Just look in what leagues it plays, AMG GT-R, Viper ACR.

Of course the ZLE is still an american enginerring masterpiece. No matter if you are a Ford or Chevy fan, it's amazing that the car holds up that good since it's basically unchanged since it began production in 2017.

Same goes for the C8 Z51. The C8 Z51 is nearly 5 seconds faster than the C7. It's pretty close to C7 Grand Sport (tons of track upgrades + Cup 2s), the 911 GT3 (Cup 2s) and the McLaren 570S (Pzero Corsas) - And that with only the Michelin Sport 4S on. The 2 second distance to these cars will easily be reached when using semislicks like Cups 2. What better value can you get from a base entry car where Grand Sport/E-Ray, Z06 and ZR1 are yet to come?

Guys, some people always talk shit about american cars. "You have to buy a Porsche, McLaren, Lamborghini to get a fast car" - Just no! You can get that american V8, spend not even half as much money to have a car that is capable of the same, but it doesn't require you to be rich to be able to afford maintaining the car. Too many carmakers stop caring about track capable cars (hello BMW?), so I am glad Ford and Chevy still go for it.
If I had to money to not think about how many cars to own, I would easily have a Shelby, ZLE and C8 in my garage.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don't get why it always has to be "only one thing can be good!!!".

GT500 CFTP is an amazing car. Ford did an amazing job on making the S550 platform sporty enough and slap an brutal engine on it to beat their own Ford GT supercar. Just look in what leagues it plays, AMG GT-R, Viper ACR.

Of course the ZLE is still an american enginerring masterpiece. No matter if you are a Ford or Chevy fan, it's amazing that the car holds up that good since it's basically unchanged since it began production in 2017.

Same goes for the C8 Z51. The C8 Z51 is nearly 5 seconds faster than the C7. It's pretty close to C7 Grand Sport (tons of track upgrades + Cup 2s), the 911 GT3 (Cup 2s) and the McLaren 570S (Pzero Corsas) - And that with only the Michelin Sport 4S on. The 2 second distance to these cars will easily be reached when using semislicks like Cups 2. What better value can you get from a base entry car where Grand Sport/E-Ray, Z06 and ZR1 are yet to come?

Guys, some people always talk shit about american cars. "You have to buy a Porsche, McLaren, Lamborghini to get a fast car" - Just no! You can get that american V8, spend not even half as much money to have a car that is capable of the same, but it doesn't require you to be rich to be able to afford maintaining the car. Too many carmakers stop caring about track capable cars (hello BMW?), so I am glad Ford and Chevy still go for it.
If I had to money to not think about how many cars to own, I would easily have a Shelby, ZLE and C8 in my garage.
really? then compare it to the originally released version.. and the GT500 is 2 seconds faster on LL..
few people buy a car specifically for the track only duty, so yes, street manners are equal to track performance, and the 1LE , as shown by the buyers remorse, is horrible for the street.
GT500 is not. I just drove from Southern Florida to Delaware straight through, modified, in recaro's, on R888 rears, in 13 hours without issue.. 1LE isnt doing that comfortably

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
503rwhp said:
Unfortunately, this is why your opinion is irrelevant. Ford exists to make its owners money. Including me but mostly the Ford family. Your opinion exists to the owners of Ford as a barometer and nothing else.
Irrelevant...I like that word. And in the context of this thread, your post on the matter is just that. My friend, you haven't a clue. Impart more useless wisdom next time you are driving your own GT500 and let us know how the stock market relates to damper calibration and wing height. You do have a GT500, right?
Ford made a production track car, it's nice and comfortable but not some crazy shit you couldn't daily drive.
So....can a ZLE not be driven? Because that was what the comparison was to...

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
I am renting a Camaro right now. What a horrible car. Sight lines from hell. Blind spots everywhere. Awful controls and ergonomics.
I own a Porsche 911S and am 1st on my dealerā€™s list for a CFTP car with painted stripes. Which is will drive for pleasure and occasionally track, but mostly street, just as Ford designed it for.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Which is will drive for pleasure and occasionally track, but mostly street, just as Ford designed it for.
Did a Ford engineer tell you that?

Sponsored

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Did a Ford engineer tell you that?
They didnā€™t tell me individually. However, at the launch event they told the entire world. The press release quoted Ed Krenz (GT500 chief engineer) and I believe he knows what he designed. The headline of the press release actually mentioned street and track. Cool, right?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
They didnā€™t tell me individually. However, at the launch event they told the entire world. The press release quoted Ed Krenz (GT500 chief engineer) and I believe he knows what he designed. The headline of the press release actually mentioned street and track. Cool, right?
Are you able to source that quote?

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Are you able to source that quote?
I could but Iā€™m meeting with a staff member now. Feel free to enjoy a trip down memory lane and look up the press releases from 2019.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I had nothing better to do so I turned mr g LOOSE and while I found a number of quotes, I didn't find that one but lots of hits on a fairly specific search so who knows?

Anyway, I remembered the video when I saw the shirt and the second guy but, don't remember Mr. Krenz. Here he be...

1612910859486.png

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
that was a completely separate statement saying that I like how the 500 wasnā€™t optioned for 100% track setup. I also never said anything comparing it to a ZLE. I said why compare it to a corvette when the marketed competitor is the Camaro. Comparing it to a corvette would be like comparing the FGT to a corvette. Plus my comment was a general comment, not a response to you. This one is though.

If youā€™d like my opinion on the ZLE it would would be this:
I would not daily drive it. I think they look badass and a pretty awesome car but I donā€™t like the interior, visibility or the seats.

EDITED: inserted my original post incase you wanted to reread it

That was a lot to read...

Ford made a production track car, it's nice and comfortable but not some crazy shit you couldn't daily drive. Easy to swap front brakes with a 350 and gut it, the DCT is amazing and be even quicker but I feel like the majority of 500 owners are people who might drive it 2000-3000 miles a year then garage it lol.

IDK why it's being compared to a corvette when the direct competitor is the ZLE.
Sponsored