Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Being two weeks away from 3 years of ownership, I bought the Ford "ExtraCARE" 8 year 75,000 mi. $50 deductable warranty from Flood, $1065. Hope I never need it
Also got extended warranty for my ride.

Today I figured it will pay itself off. Glad it is winter and AC is not that critical right now.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Glad you haven't had any issues but this is the only car I've ever had AC problems with and my AC using habits have never changed. My S2000 and GTO were both 12 years old and well over 100K miles when I got rid of them and the AC always worked flawlessly.

This thread is 116 pages long for a reason.
I'm also among those who do not use it unless needed. Also had 0 issues with other cars with this pattern aside from BMW and Mustang. In both cases AC broke during winter inactivity.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
In both cases AC broke during winter inactivity.
It's good to at least run the front window defrost setting in the winter time, which will exercise the A/C system - it's also used to dehumidify the cabin in that mode.

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
It's good to at least run the front window defrost setting in the winter time, which will exercise the A/C system - it's also used to dehumidify the cabin in that mode.
it was false alert luckily. i was working on an oil catch can and forgot to re plug a connector under the hood. Appears it was the one that is responsible for AC.

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My compressor was making the same noise I was reading everyone online was getting. Just got a quote back from ford for $2327. This seems pretty high to me but I really dont know. I am going to try and call ford here to see if they will help at all for this issue. Here is the quote itself.

Attachments

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just called ford and I was told that the only thing that comes up for my vin is the air bag issue. Which seems odd to me because plenty of people are having a failure of some sort of A/C component.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Just called ford and I was told that the only thing that comes up for my vin is the air bag issue. Which seems odd to me because plenty of people are having a failure of some sort of A/C component.
Those fuckers don’t want to pay for shit.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
My compressor was making the same noise I was reading everyone online was getting. Just got a quote back from ford for $2327. This seems pretty high to me but I really dont know. I am going to try and call ford here to see if they will help at all for this issue. Here is the quote itself.
Maan!!! I just looked at the quote attachment, and It’s hilarious! So between your concern of AC compressor making a noise and their observation of AC not cooling they are quoting you $440? And that’s beside the fact that they’re charging $892 for the AC compressor which is right now $389 on levittown ford parts. I’d look for a good independent shop and buy the parts online and have them do the installation

Sponsored

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Maan!!! I just looked at the quote attachment, and It’s hilarious! So between your concern of AC compressor making a noise and their observation of AC not cooling they are quoting you $440? And that’s beside the fact that they’re charging $892 for the AC compressor which is right now $389 on levittown ford parts. I’d look for a good independent shop and buy the parts online and have them do the installation
ugh I know right. part of me just wants to get it done. ive been waiting since novemeber. I also recently moved here and know no shops in the area. I also need a loaner car. Still thinking about it. Might try and talk them down on the quote.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I ran the VIN on my 2015 on the NHSTA website and no air bag recall showed up. Only thing that comes up on mine is the door latch recall, so not sure what your dealership is finding in their system.

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I ran the VIN on my 2015 on the NHSTA website and no air bag recall showed up. Only thing that comes up on mine is the door latch recall, so not sure what your dealership is finding in their system.
Honestly idk. Don't really care anyways ha.

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Call other Ford dealers in the area and let them know what you need done and that you already had the car checked. My nearest Ford dealer wanted $1100 to fix my daughters 2012 Mustang AC. Ford dealer about 25 miles away did it for $650 out the door.

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Call other Ford dealers in the area and let them know what you need done and that you already had the car checked. My nearest Ford dealer wanted $1100 to fix my daughters 2012 Mustang AC. Ford dealer about 25 miles away did it for $650 out the door.
Yeah would probably be a good idea. I talked them down to $1700 so good enough for me. Don't feel like bothering anymore with it.
Sponsored