Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Got a flat tire.
Called Ford Roadside Assistance.
Automated service made me navigate through several menus and submenus only to tell me that you can't speak to someone and they'll text a link instead.
Received link, filled up all info and typed up VIN#, location, what's wrong etc.
Clicked submit: "Your request was unsuccessful. Please submit again...."
Are you kidding me??
Gave up, called AAA, talked to a real person, flat bed showed up 15 min later.
F-U Ford Roadside Assistance.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Drove to work.....in torrential rain. Pouring.

I friggin' LOVE driving in pouring rain. Me and my trusty steed, against the elements. Track mode with AE in quiet, temps/AC set to perfection, freeway at 65MPH, almost no noise from the rain getting into the cabin. Total confidence and relaxation.

That is what these cars do best......Grand Touring.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Got a flat tire.
Called Ford Roadside Assistance.
Automated service made me navigate through several menus and submenus only to tell me that you can't speak to someone and they'll text a link instead.
Received link, filled up all info and typed up VIN#, location, what's wrong etc.
Clicked submit: "Your request was unsuccessful. Please submit again...."
Are you kidding me??
Gave up, called AAA, talked to a real person, flat bed showed up 15 min later.
F-U Ford Roadside Assistance.
I went thru a similar experience, the tow truck actually broke down on the way to my location. About a 6hr affair, picked up AAA roadside (free map included HaHa) / and the AA spare with a impact set-up to avoid going thru that again.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Put on metal paddle shifter extensions.

Polish_20200829_101201132.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Took my wife through the Drive-up COVID-19 test line. Same nurse who did mine ten days ago did my wife, and didn't recognize me or the car. I need to get on my publicist. Or get a publicist. My test was Not Found, for viruses. Hers is pending. (Result: No trace of virus)

Mileage is 1,247. Minus 152 at delivery, means I've driven the car 1,095 miles since March 26, all but about 150 for "necessity", as opposed to "recreation". At 30 days per month, that's 7.3 miles a day. Call it a $27,000 car, plus insurance at $80 a month, that's $25.02 a mile. $182.65 a day.

Selling the car would leave enough money to buy a decent golf cart to scoot around in, and a usable Mazda MX-5 for entertainment value. Tough choices.

Killer Scratches1024_IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Most OE AGM applications will have the battery way out of the way of any heat source.
That was true for Optimas. Not the case anymore. My ex-2018 F-150 Platinum had an H6 AGM from the factory, and it sits next to the engine. As far as Ford (and others) not installing AGMs on every vehicle from the factory? Simple: $$$ :D. I dumped the factory wet cell battery on the Bulllitt during the first week of ownership. It was toast after 9 months of sitting around anyway, but much rather pay for an AGM myself than getting another crappy one for free (under warranty).

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a lot of recording expertise, so I was pretty much impressed with the sound from this lash-up: Some street driving of a stock 2009 GT/CS, recorded via Panasonic Lumix LX1 pocket camera in movie mode, 16:9 screen ratio. Camera is tethered to the car and mounted on a suction-cup GPS bracket just above the bumper, as close to the faux gas cap as possible, maybe eight inches closer to the right exhaust than to the left. After the U-turn (second half of the video, about 2:20 in), acceleration is wide-open throttle, shifts at ~6,000 RPM

Other effort, but I don't recall which little camera was stuck to the back of the 2006 V6 Mustang, on the way home from a 14-run session at the Friday night Race Legal eighth-mile drags at Qualcomm Stadium. Once again, I was impressed by the sound picked up by a tiny camera microphone.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I went thru a similar experience, the tow truck actually broke down on the way to my location. About a 6hr affair, picked up AAA roadside (free map included HaHa) / and the AA spare with a impact set-up to avoid going thru that again.
That doesn't sound fun!
I'll probably look into a spare tire too.

Now i'm having trouble getting the tire patched. Nobody wants to touch it. They claim the tire is too worn. It's a Cup 2 that barely has any thread depth when new. Only 2500 miles on it. It looks like I'm going to have to dismount it at one place, patch it myself and have it remounted elsewhere :facepalm:

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Nothing.

Instead did a 2.5 hour round trip (plus lots of car talk) to pickup a 5000 lbs Quickjack from an 80yr old dude working on a BEAUTIFUL 1970 ElCamino. 454 550/580HP/TQ, $10K paint job in steel grey, built auto, etc etc. He had owned many 60's Chevelle's all with more HP than cubes, old HP ratings of course. I hope I'll be spry enough in 20 yrs to still "Play with cars"!! QJ Thing was brand new $1050. Felt that was a good deal.

Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Needed paint protection from brake dust and rocks flying off the factory Corsa tires, so took a chance on Rvinyl pre-cut rocker panel 3M kit. Not too hard to install, need patience aligning it. I felt it was missing one critical area behind the front tire but there was enough leftover material in the kit to cover it. Good quality and fit, will do the front bumper kit next. Also added GT350 style rear bumper winglets.
DA12AADB-378B-4861-BA19-40C2BB5901DF.jpeg
EFD6C5B0-36FC-4AD9-B7A0-134BD26A7153.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Needed paint protection from brake dust and rocks flying off the factory Corsa tires, so took a chance on Rvinyl pre-cut rocker panel 3M kit. Not too hard to install, need patience aligning it. I felt it was missing one critical area behind the front tire but there was enough leftover material in the kit to cover it. Good quality and fit, will do the front bumper kit next. Also added GT350 style rear bumper winglets.
DA12AADB-378B-4861-BA19-40C2BB5901DF.jpeg
EFD6C5B0-36FC-4AD9-B7A0-134BD26A7153.jpeg
How much was it?

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
How much was it?
The vinyl was $190, winglets $50. The kit covers rocker panel, lower door, and front of quarter panel, missing piece was behind front fender, but enough material to make two additional pieces.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Had Steeda suspension installed. Springs, shocks, struts, camber plates, etc. and stop the hop kit. Also put on the Cervini hood and side scoops (youtubes gold pony's stangosaurus has a brother now lol).
I had the factory stripe put on the hood, but will be removing it and having it redone with better materiel and a non offset stripe look. New wheels are coming today.

20200825_131833.jpg
The hood looks awesome

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Drove it to the gun range today
Had to test out the 2 AR-15 I had built and sight in my 17. I swear the 17 is a dead on round was able to keep it in a 10" circle at 275 yards no wind of course but the AR-15's they just put a smile on your face lol
IMG_5968.jpg
IMG_5969.jpg
Sponsored