Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
She’s dead Jim....get it towed to the dealer for a new engine.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Need some input from the group. I Have a 2017 GT350R. Was at the track and the engine made a terrible wacking sound, low oil pressure warning came on and the engine just died. Towed it to the dealer and will have them look at it after the weekend.
I haven’t read this entire thread but was wondering if this is consistent with other failures and what the culprit is? Engine is stock and never been tuned.
Damn dude. Sorry to hear that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My guess another dropped valve or oil starvation led to seized rotating parts. I wonder what the failure rate is for track-going Voodoos.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Need some input from the group. I Have a 2017 GT350R. Was at the track and the engine made a terrible wacking sound, low oil pressure warning came on and the engine just died. Towed it to the dealer and will have them look at it after the weekend.
I haven’t read this entire thread but was wondering if this is consistent with other failures and what the culprit is? Engine is stock and never been tuned.
Seems pretty consistent. I doubt you will have an issue getting it replaced as long as you kept up with maintenance.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
LOL! "My grandmother and I had just pulled out from the Senior Sunday Brunch at Shoney's when I heard an awful sound!" :giggle:
That sound wasn't the car. It was either you or granny. It results from eating at Shoney's. Now they question is, are you going to take the hit or blame it on granny?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
That sound wasn't the car. It was either you or granny. It results from eating at Shoney's. Now they question is, are you going to take the hit or blame it on granny?
I'm blaming Granny because old people have proven digestive issues...:fingerscrossed:

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ford will be able to tell the current conditions at the point of failure so they will probably know you were driving it hard, aka at the track at speed more than likely. Unless they believe you were driving that fast on the roadway. They most likely will cover it since it has not been tuned. Good luck.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Yes, car has very few miles and has always been serviced at the dealer. There would be no grounds for not replacing it if that’s what is called for. Seems to be the same issue that many of the other engines have had. I and others in this situation would raise hell if there was any problem. Hopefully, I will know what the issue is and what the fix will be by the end of the week. I’ll post here

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after not hearing anything from the dealer for several days, I called on Friday and the service rep told me that yes, indeed Ford would be replacing the engine. He said they were still in the process of working out the details with Ford and would be in touch. So here we go. Hopefully, this is done quickly and competently.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I suggest having them also put on the updated rear cylinder block plate. It’s the metal plate that goes between the tranny bell housing and the block. The new plate is rubber coated. It’s stops the metallic trash bag sound. I had the engine in my 18 replaced with the 19 motor and started getting the noise after that. It’s a 45 dollar part.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suggest having them also put on the updated rear cylinder block plate. It’s the metal plate that goes between the tranny bell housing and the block. The new plate is rubber coated. It’s stops the metallic trash bag sound. I had the engine in my 18 replaced with the 19 motor and started getting the noise after that. It’s a 45 dollar part.
So they don’t automatically do that when they install the new engine?