Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
No. I really had to get on their ass to change the plate about three months after I got the new motor. Do it now while the engine is out, that way it’s all done. The part has a new number and update. There are threads in here all about it. They will probably want you to pay for the part, but like I said it’s not expensive.

rtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine replacement claims through warranty claim will require you the service the car at a Ford’s service department?

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
No. I really had to get on their ass to change the plate about three months after I got the new motor. Do it now while the engine is out, that way it’s all done. The part has a new number and update. There are threads in here all about it. They will probably want you to pay for the part, but like I said it’s not expensive.
Got it. I am happy to pay for the part at that price if it makes a difference. Can you post a link to the thread that discusses this. I’d just like to be informed when I talk to the dealer.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Got it. I am happy to pay for the part at that price if it makes a difference. Can you post a link to the thread that discusses this. I’d just like to be informed when I talk to the dealer.
I posted pictures that I still have copies of. I had Ford change the plate in my 17 GT350.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have the updated part number for the new cylinder block plate?

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Does anyone have the updated part number for the new cylinder block plate?
This was the newest part when the replaced mine. I would check with a Ford parts person to make sure they have not updated this one. This part solved the rattle noise I had at certain RPMs.
0729191113.jpg

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been almost two weeks and the dealer just told me that the engine has been ordered but is saying it will take 4-6 weeks to arrive. That seems like a ridiculously long time to ship an engine across the country. Dealer and the service rep don’t seem to really be making me a priority. Nor are they doing much to move this process through quickly. I haven’t even been offered a loaner vehicle. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to light a fire under their butts? Should I try and reach Ford Performance myself? Any help would be appreciated.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It has been almost two weeks and the dealer just told me that the engine has been ordered but is saying it will take 4-6 weeks to arrive. That seems like a ridiculously long time to ship an engine across the country. Dealer and the service rep don’t seem to really be making me a priority. Nor are they doing much to move this process through quickly. I haven’t even been offered a loaner vehicle. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to light a fire under their butts? Should I try and reach Ford Performance myself? Any help would be appreciated.
It seems your mileage will vary with each dealership. No consistency whatsoever. You could reach out to Ford Performance- normally they assign you a case manager or make your complaints known to the GM. I know a guy on You Tube (rated R cars) had to continually call Ford Corporate to get things moving.
Is this your daily driver? If it is they should have offered a loaner vehicle or you could look for reimbursement on a rental car.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
That's what I was told also, but it came in a little sooner. Apparently sometimes they don't just have some voodoos sitting around...luck of the draw on when yours goes.

Trying to light a fire under the dealer's ass just got me labeled as 'picky' (they finished my car and just didn't call, gave it back with a CEL twice). Because wanting a splitter that doesn't fall off and a properly working engine is just a little high maintenance these days I suppose.

Idk if it's a good idea or not, but you could always mention, depending on the state, over 30 days in the shop can lemon the car.

agentscreech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
This was about the same time it took for mine. They had it for a week or 2, then got the approval and engine shipped. Then they said it was another 3 weeks. Had a loaner Edge the whole time.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so my 2017 GT350R was given to the dealer on January 20 and was ready for pick up with a new engine on February 21. So one month for the whole thing. I was surprised that once the new engine was received, the new engine was installed in just a couple of days. I thought the shop work would take longer. So it seems that the vast majority of the time for this process is just getting the engine shipped to the dealer. Ford Performance makes the dealer jump through a few hoops before they order the engine. Check for ECU meddling etc. As I did none of that, I had no problem and the engine was ordered about a week after the dealer got the car. About 2 ½ weeks from the time the engine was ordered until it reached the dealer. I drove it home from the dealer just cruising and not winding out the engine as I want to be careful to break in the new engine properly. The car was absolutely filthy having been left outside for a month to let the dirt and dew bake into the exterior. It was so bad, I told them to leave it alone so they wouldn’t jack up the paint washing it was some dirty rags. Spent about 4 hours washing and cleaning it up. Looks like I will need to do a little correction to get it back to the condition I like though. In general the dealer was not very good with communication and I only heard from them a couple times in the whole process. I never heard from Ford Performance. They never even offered me a loaner. Fortunately I have an extra car so I used that for the month. I hope the work was good and I don’t have any more issues. The time it took for the replacement was reasonable I think but the process was a little unsatisfying due to the lack of communication. Now I need to get one of my carbon wheels replaced as it looks like someone on the assembly line completely missed the spacer retaining clips that hold the spacer on the front wheel.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Ok so my 2017 GT350R was given to the dealer on January 20 and was ready for pick up with a new engine on February 21. So one month for the whole thing. I was surprised that once the new engine was received, the new engine was installed in just a couple of days. I thought the shop work would take longer. So it seems that the vast majority of the time for this process is just getting the engine shipped to the dealer. Ford Performance makes the dealer jump through a few hoops before they order the engine. Check for ECU meddling etc. As I did none of that, I had no problem and the engine was ordered about a week after the dealer got the car. About 2 ½ weeks from the time the engine was ordered until it reached the dealer. I drove it home from the dealer just cruising and not winding out the engine as I want to be careful to break in the new engine properly. The car was absolutely filthy having been left outside for a month to let the dirt and dew bake into the exterior. It was so bad, I told them to leave it alone so they wouldn’t jack up the paint washing it was some dirty rags. Spent about 4 hours washing and cleaning it up. Looks like I will need to do a little correction to get it back to the condition I like though. In general the dealer was not very good with communication and I only heard from them a couple times in the whole process. I never heard from Ford Performance. They never even offered me a loaner. Fortunately I have an extra car so I used that for the month. I hope the work was good and I don’t have any more issues. The time it took for the replacement was reasonable I think but the process was a little unsatisfying due to the lack of communication. Now I need to get one of my carbon wheels replaced as it looks like someone on the assembly line completely missed the spacer retaining clips that hold the spacer on the front wheel.
Best of luck, let us know if you think the new engine is any different. My 19 seems to run a little different than my 17. But my 17 was not an R.