Sponsored

Voodoo Crate Engine

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I see this is a topic in the general S550 forum, but it was mainly discussing the practicality of swapping a Voodoo engine into a GT. I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about Ford Performance offering the Voodoo in a crate engine like they did with the Trinity engine. I have a very strong desire to put one in a Factory Five Racing Daytona Coupe.
Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
I see this is a topic in the general S550 forum, but it was mainly discussing the practicality of swapping a Voodoo engine into a GT. I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about Ford Performance offering the Voodoo in a crate engine like they did with the Trinity engine. I have a very strong desire to put one in a Factory Five Racing Daytona Coupe.
I would assume that Ford would offer this engine similar to what Chevy did with the LS7. This is going to a very popular motor. It might be some time before it becomes available as they still have to deliver all of us our GT350s first!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I would assume that Ford would offer this engine similar to what Chevy did with the LS7. This is going to a very popular motor. It might be some time before it becomes available as they still have to delivery all of us our GT350s first!
That's true! Take care of you very patient people first. You/the public have waited long enough for these. I can't wait to see one in person!

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

Enjoy, those cars do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds with just 300Hp 302 windsor. I sold my 11' and almost bought their 32' roadster kit with the cash.

Sponsored

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Enjoy, those cars do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds with just 300Hp 302 windsor. I sold my 11' and almost bought their 32' roadster kit with the cash.
Yeah they are extremely light. And it is a car that you don't see on the road everyday. If someone offered me a GT350R with Electronics or a FFR Daytona (especially with a Voodoo engine), I don't know if I would be able to choose.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd bet a lot of money you won't ever see it from Ford. Too many interfacing/attaching components that need to be designed to handle the vibration from this engine (else will literally break off).

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
FYI - I inquired about a longblock "warranty" assembly a while back. If you don't remember, when the Coyote first came out, there were parts for sale that were technically "meant" for warranty but they were super cheap - Longblock coyote was..I think $6100 at the time.

Anyway, the Voodoo is $18k for a longblock.

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
The Z06 motor is now available for just under $16,000.

Sponsored

hotfoot

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
These motors will soon appear in the various Ford performance catalogues same as the GT 500 motor. No big deal here. Nothing rare or magical about this stuff. Understand that Ford Motor Company has the resources and ability to produce more GT 350s and Voodoo motors than the public could ever consume.

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
In hoping and assuming they will offer it as a crate motor I'm holding out replacing my '66 Mustang's original 289 engine for now. The plan was to go with a 331 stroker or similar as the Coyote swap just didn't quite do it for me - but since realizing the possibility I've been overwhelmingly excited about the idea of both cars sharing an engine.

Is there a Mustangs Anonymous support group? I think I need help, just not sure I want it! :ford::headbonk::crazy:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
On a CarCast podcast from SEMA, one of the FP guys said the Voodoo heads and the complete engine would be available - along with select other GT 350 parts.

Stig'sBaldBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 White/blue, track
It's on the Ford parts website:
Capture.JPG
Sponsored