Sponsored

Car and Driver GT 500CFTP vs ZL1 1LE

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Irritates me nobody has done a proper head to head track test with these two. Also, 4 second difference to 150? Depending on the track, that will make or break the gt500.

OP
OP

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Irritates me nobody has done a proper head to head track test with these two. Also, 4 second difference to 150? Depending on the track, that will make or break the gt500.
I think Ford must have put a ban for posting lap times against the camaro zl1 1le. They targeted expensive GT3 RS for a reason. Have we seen a SS11LE vs GT 350 since 2016? No. It is all about marketing and they don't want their cars to look bad. I mean you can buy forget about the MSRP a camaro Zl1 1le for $66,000 off the dealer lot vs a GT500 with lots of ADM. They know all about this. For Ford, as long as they are making money out of mustangs overall it is not a problem. They simply don't care. Bring the money. They are being smart about it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think Ford must have put a ban for posting lap times against the camaro zl1 1le. They targeted expensive GT3 RS for a reason. Have we seen a SS11LE vs GT 350 since 2016? No. It is all about marketing and they don't want their cars to look bad. I mean you can buy forget about the MSRP a camaro Zl1 1le for $66,000 off the dealer lot vs a GT500 with lots of ADM. They know all about this. For Ford, as long as they are making money out of mustangs overall it is not a problem. They simply don't care. Bring the money. They are being smart about it.
Odd, because GM is the one that said no to the head to head comparison with cammisa lolol. wonder why..

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Odd, because GM is the one that said no to the head to head comparison with cammisa lolol. wonder why..
They did? Source?

Btw, your GT500 looks amazing. That silver sets it off

Sponsored

OP
OP

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
They did? Source?

No source? Looks like the GT500’s are a low 11 second cars. People posting stock passes on youtube. Can’t wait the Motortrend road coarse comparison between the ZLE and GT500. They were the one called the GT500 a super car and now if they also start laying down the negatives i am leaning towards the initial reviews being part of Ford’s paid marketing campaign to sell the GT500’s. Meanwhile C8 ZO6 is coming out with an NA 600 hp FPC engine for less than a GT500 CFTP without the ADM. Things are not looking good for Ford.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
GM didn't say no, they just didn't have a ZLE available for them to use. Same thing with a Redeye for the video, Dodge didn't have one available at the time. The private owners that Cammisa reached out to for a ZLE said no.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
They did? Source?

No source? Looks like the GT500’s are a low 11 second cars. People posting stock passes on youtube. Can’t wait the Motortrend road coarse comparison between the ZLE and GT500. They were the one called the GT500 a super car and now if they also start laying down the negatives i am leaning towards the initial reviews being part of Ford’s paid marketing campaign to sell the GT500’s. Meanwhile C8 ZO6 is coming out with an NA 600 hp FPC engine for less than a GT500 CFTP without the ADM. Things are not looking good for Ford.
This guy gets it:

GM didn't say no, they just didn't have a ZLE available for them to use. Same thing with a Redeye for the video, Dodge didn't have one available at the time. The private owners that Cammisa reached out to for a ZLE said no.
"none available" yea.. Sounds like the "im not buying cause its dct" excuses.. :)

because so many people are using/ reviewing/ testing them, as we can see from the current reviews tests etc..

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This guy gets it:

"none available" yea.. Sounds like the "im not buying cause its dct" excuses.. :)

because so many people are using/ reviewing/ testing them, as we can see from the current reviews tests etc..
They can’t sell the ZLE but there are none available?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
They can’t sell the ZLE but there are none available?
If you go on car gurus or auto trader, there are very few nationwide. In fact there are over twice as many new gt350 (1178) sitting on lots compared to new zl1 (480)cars.
Sponsored