AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Damn they are most likely going to beat their own lap times. I want to see that auto 1le attacking NĂĽrburgring and Laguna Seca.
They already said it's a half second quicker at there proving grounds track with the A10. And with new oil pan, and cooling work, it should hold up to the heat also.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
If the base car is indeed going to be on Pilot Sport 4S's, it's not beating a ZL1 1LE around most road courses. The ZL1 1LE doesn't exactly have P Zero Nero's.....

I suspect the base GT500 will be within the 4000lb range easily. That weight plus Sport 4S's is going to be a severe penalty in corners, even high speed sweepers. The last thing you want to be doing is fighting the wheel at high speeds going around a bend. Every correction costs time and high sweepers have a huge margin for corrections. I'd imagine the Carbon Track car may be around mid to mid/low 3900's. With Cup 2's and less weight, the ZL1 1LE shouldn't be much of an issue at all.
Well, I'm sure that the GT500 carbon/track package with SportCup 2's will be what is compared against. From what I have been reading (in researching track tires for this season) is that the GY SuperCar 3R tires (used on the ZL1 1LE) have more grip than the Michelin SportCup 2 tires, but will wear out fast. [i.e. roughly: Conti ECS/MPS4S<GY Supercar 3/SportCup 2<RE71R/R888R/NT01/Trofeo R<GY Supercar 3R<Hoosier R7<Pirelli DH]

So, it will be interesting where the GT500 in this carbon/track package comes in with track times. If anything, it should be close with the ZL1 1LE. Honestly, if that is the case, I think that's a success for Ford, as they will have a more streetable car that is just as fast.

Last edited:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
DCT is beating 10 Speed Auto in regards to what? Shifting speed, MPG or you are saying the GT500 will beat the ZL1 1LE even with the auto?
It beat it by Ford choosing to go with a DCT vs 10speed. We will find out which is faster. But there is a reason the Ford GT and now the top dog mustang have a DCT. The top dog mustangs have always had a different transmission. Basically a transmission made specifically for that car which makes it even more unique.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It beat it by Ford choosing to go with a DCT vs 10speed. We will find out which is faster. But there is a reason the Ford GT and now the top dog mustang have a DCT. The top dog mustangs have always had a different transmission. Basically a transmission made specifically for that car which makes it even more unique.
Yeah, Ford had access to the same transmission, could easily have beefed it up (like GM did), it would've had better economy of scale with the same starting tech that's in Mustangs, F150s, the new Explorer - but, they made a very conscious decision not to use it.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah, Ford had access to the same transmission, could easily have beefed it up (like GM did), it would've had better economy of scale with the same starting tech that's in Mustangs, F150s, the new Explorer - but, they made a very conscious decision not to use it.
Yep. Very telling. Most modern super cars pack a DCT for a reason.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
True,the DCT will destroy the zl1,1le on the track.The GT500 is a unique car unlike the camaro,that gets everything from the vette.Over at drag times when he raced his FORD GT against the zr1 roll racing,with all of the power that the vette had,it wasnt even close.:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
True,the DCT will destroy the zl1,1le on the track.The GT500 is a unique car unlike the camaro,that gets everything from the vette.Over at drag times when he raced his FORD GT against the zr1 roll racing,with all of the power that the vette had,it wasnt even close.:
Same guy literally humiliated a Demon with the crate installed.
The race was from a dead stop and the Demon never stood a chance. Not even close.
139+MPH at the 1/4 mile marker for the GT.
138 MPH for the Demon.
There was room to park a bus or two between them.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Same guy literally humiliated a Demon with the crate installed.
The race was from a dead stop and the Demon never stood a chance. Not even close.
139+MPH at the 1/4 mile marker for the GT.
138 MPH for the Demon.
There was room to park a bus or two between them.
I saw that one as well, so it is my belief again, that the zl1,1le will get destroyed, even with the 10 speed.:crackup:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I m going to be honest here. If that Corvette didn’t have that wing in the back the results might have been verry different. Even with that huge wing it was pretty close. One problem with the new ZR1’s is that they don’t come with active aero wing which reduces drag on high speeds and increase down force and drag on cornering. That wing is set on one position intentionally, which is for downforce during cornering. I believe there is other videos people taking these wings off and putting better times. Besides the ZR1 has the 8 speed auto not 10 speed. Apparently the 10 speed didn’t fit in the car it was couple of inches longer.

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I m going to be honest here. If that Corvette didn’t have that wing in the back the results might have been verry different. Even with that huge wing it was pretty close. One problem with the new ZR1’s is that they don’t come with active aero wing which reduces drag on high speeds and increase down force and drag on cornering. That wing is set on one position intentionally, which is for downforce during cornering. I believe there is other videos people taking these wings off and putting better times. Besides the ZR1 has the 8 speed auto not 10 speed. Apparently the 10 speed didn’t fit in the car it was couple of inches longer.
I never said the zr1 has the 10 speed.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Thats where GM fucked up with the ZR1, they added a bad ass motor suspension and more downforce but they got lazy and stuck with the same shitty a8 transmission. Should have been a DCT to go out with a bang (talking no more Front engine rwd ZR1).

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I'm 100% sure that the DCT is only a small part of the equation why the $500,000 Ford GT is faster than the $120,000 ZR1.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm 100% sure that the DCT is only a small part of the equation why the $500,000 Ford GT is faster than the $120,000 ZR1.
The zr1 has over a hundred more hp and significantly more torque, I would say that the transmission definitely played it's part in that beat down
Sponsored