Sponsored

Help! Buying a PP2

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Hello all,

So, I've found a 2019 Mustang GT PP2, and about to pull the trigger. I need some help. First of - I am extremely worried about purchasing this car in this time of the year (Washington DC) due to upcoming weather change.
And second - the price. Buying a 2019 car now in October of 2019, I really want to get a good deal. These are the numbers:

MSRP: $50,940
Sale price with rebates: $43237
+ Freight: 1095
+ Processing: 799

I got an additional $1000 on my trade in, which I am very happy about. No other dealer would budge. (Mustang Ecoboost Premium, PP - 40,000 miles and I got $15K trade in).

I have a feeling I can get ^ this purchase price in April - May of 2020 as well... Am I wrong?
We have signed a contract, but I am told they can rip it apart if I decide not to go with it. I told them I wanted to get a few nights sleep and think it over....

Another question are the tires. Would these winter tires work with these wide wheels?

WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II
295/30R19 - for the rears
285/30R19 - for the front

^ I am picking these sizes up due to planning on purchasing the SVE SP2 wheels to be my dedicated winter wheels for the future (due to be stocked in December of 2019).

Overall - I am very happy with the car. I will be dailying it, which kind of worries me. Also - although I can afford it, I am getting a weird feeling in my stomach making a big purchase such as this.... Ahhhh decision decisions...

Any input / comments / advice on the tires are highly appreciated. Thank you all.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I got one myself. I think that is a great deal

As for winter tires, no one responded when I asked about winter tires for the PP2. I looked to see what is the smallest tire listed that would fit the stock rims and checked with the retailer. Tire rack and discount tire said a 275/35R19 would fit so I grabbed a set of Blizzaks LM-32. Have them sitting in my garage waiting for colder weather. Personally, the Cup2 are rather lousy in rain too. Can’t wait for colder temps so I can switch. Wet, the Cup2 are sort of ok but any kind of standing water and you will hydroplane. Also, go slow until they warm up. Every morning I spin them when the temps are dropping a bit in the mornings and I do the Formula 1 weaving left and right warm them up( and have some fun too). When I see the tire pressure on the display go up a pound or two they get stickier and behave better.

Enjoy the ride. Just make sure hey mount the front splitter correctly. They did not and had to redo it. I found the install sheets and the parts blowup diagrams to make sure.

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I got one myself. I think that is a great deal

As for winter tires, no one responded when I asked about winter tires for the PP2. I looked to see what is the smallest tire listed that would fit the stock rims and checked with the retailer. Tire rack and discount tire said a 275/35R19 would fit so I grabbed a set of Blizzaks LM-32. Have them sitting in my garage waiting for colder weather. Personally, the Cup2 are rather lousy in rain too. Can’t wait for colder temps so I can switch. Wet, the Cup2 are sort of ok but any kind of standing water and you will hydroplane. Also, go slow until they warm up. Every morning I spin them when the temps are dropping a bit in the mornings and I do the Formula 1 weaving left and right warm them up( and have some fun too). When I see the tire pressure on the display go up a pound or two they get stickier and behave better.

Enjoy the ride. Just make sure hey mount the front splitter correctly. They did not and had to redo it. I found the install sheets and the parts blowup diagrams to make sure.
Thank you so much for replying. Interesting on the 275/35R19's. I would like to get the cheapest possible width tire for the winter, and keep the 305's for Spring-Summer fun.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
What other packages and options are on the one you're looking at. I got mine for $42900 plus tax and title.
We don't get much for snow in winter in GA but rain is a real concern and since it's my second car I'm not too worried but I'd recommend (based on my reading about the PSC2s) you'd wanna get a different set of tires. I'd suggest getting a full set wheels and tires. It's much simpler, used to be what I did when I lived up north.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Another question are the tires. Would these winter tires work with these wide wheels?

WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II
295/30R19 - for the rears
285/30R19 - for the front

^ I am picking these sizes up due to planning on purchasing the SVE SP2 wheels to be my dedicated winter wheels for the future (due to be stocked in December of 2019).
Just note those tire walls are EXTREMELY short. You're going to lose 1" of total tire diameter.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thank you so much for replying. Interesting on the 275/35R19's. I would like to get the cheapest possible width tire for the winter, and keep the 305's for Spring-Summer fun.
I think Tire Rack has them for $225/tire and an $80 rebate card. Not sure the rebate is still on or not. They also has some 2015 Blizzak LM-32 for a little less but I read that you should ride on 6 year old or older tires and I wasn’t sure if I would wear them out using them only 4-5 months a year. I figured I would reuse the stock rims for now until either I find a set of rims I liked or if I wanted to go smaller. I think these will still fit a 19”x9.5” rim. That rim could go down to a 245 or 255 size tire if I felt I still wanted to go narrower. I know they list a 235/50R18 for the mustang for snow but that would never fit over the 15” 6 piston Brembo brakes. We have to stick with a 19” rim. To get a 135 to fit, I think I need a 19”x9” rim. Not sure if it is more important to keep the center of the tire lines up or to push the tires in/out. Our rims are offset 24mm in the front and 48mm in the back so in both cases they are tucking the tires in a bit. Stock , I think, are 35mm offset front and rear.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Use a tire calculator to see what sizes are within 3% of the diameter of the stock. Keeping it within will cause the least impact to the speedo and possibly other aspects of the car

I like this one
https://www.tire-size-calculator.info/

You will see that the 275/35R19 are just 4mm greater in radius and will have minimal impact

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Use a tire calculator to see what sizes are within 3% of the diameter of the stock. Keeping it within will cause the least impact to the speedo and possibly other aspects of the car

I like this one
https://www.tire-size-calculator.info/

You will see that the 275/35R19 are just 4mm greater in radius and will have minimal impact
I just looked up those tires, they have a 295/35 and 285/35. Much better matched for the Mustang.
Thank you so much for your response. Noted on the 35's.

My plan is to purchase the SVE PP2 wheelset when they are back in stock (December 2019, according to the website). But until then, I will need to have these installed on the stock (10.5 inches wide front, 11 inches wide rears) wheels. So I need tires NOW, that would fit both the stock and the SVE PP2 wheelset.

Question 1: Should I get 4 x 10 inch wheels or do staggered? 10 for the front and 11 for the back?

Question 2: Based on question 1, I need to buy winter tires immediately that will fit both the stock wheels the PP2 comes with (10.5 inches wide front, and 11 inches wide rear) and the SVE wheels above.

I will buy winter tires now (winter performance), mount them to the stock wheels, and then transfer them over to the SVE PP2 wheels when they are back in stock (showing December). I don't think I can manage to drive the CUP 2's until December...

I will keep the 305's all around for spring - summer. Most likely will sell the Cup 2's and get Michelins.

Thank you very much again. This is such as a last minute..

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just looked up those tires, they have a 295/35 and 285/35. Much better matched for the Mustang.
Not sure on fitment but both of those are larger in diameter than stock 305/30. The 285/35 are about 0.7” in diameter and will increase ride height by 0.32” according to calculator. When you speedo is at 60, you will really be doing 58.6 mph. This is about 2.4% off circumference which is within allowable limits. The 295/35 are 0.9” larger in diameter than stock and 3.5% greater in circumference making them outside the suggested limits. At a listed speed of 60 on the dash, you will really be doing 58.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
BD66ED70-A1E3-4984-A39D-BBC186987D2C.png
Any change from stock over 3% could be corrected via programming but I have no knowledge on where or how to do it. It was what I have read can be done.

The 275/35 that I got are the lower limit on the 19”x11” stock rear wheels. The front can go possibly to 265 but why go staggered when the car was made for square. That is up to you. I have not mounted mine since I will, for now, use the stock rims. From what I saw online, this is the possible size tires based on rim sizing

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure on fitment but both of those are larger in diameter than stock 305/30. The 285/35 are about 0.7” in diameter and will increase ride height by 0.32” according to calculator. When you speedo is at 60, you will really be doing 58.6 mph. This is about 2.4% off circumference which is within allowable limits. The 295/35 are 0.9” larger in diameter than stock and 3.5% greater in circumference making them outside the suggested limits. At a listed speed of 60 on the dash, you will really be doing 58.
Happens all the time. There are countless guys who are running 325/30-19 and 305/30-19 setups with 11.5 and 11 inch tires. Works like a charm. Yes, we're off by about 3MPH. Just keep it in mind, In the winter, I'd rather have the height. I ran 245/45-19 tires on my 2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack car in the winter. It was a good height for that.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I think you could do better on your EcoBoost by selling it yourself for $20k. Why not just buy a set of 19"x9.5" SVE gloss black Drifts and run a narrower snow tire? You would save a lot of money on both the rims and tires and maybe do better in the snow.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I know you said you’re trading in the EB, but have you tried getting a quote from Carvana yet? Quite a few M6G members sold their rides to Carvana because they got a better deal than their local trade in values.

Also, why are you skittish on driving the PP2 as a daily? Aren’t you driving your EB as a daily? If so, it’s still an S550 so you’re familiar with the platform.

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
BD66ED70-A1E3-4984-A39D-BBC186987D2C.png
Any change from stock over 3% could be corrected via programming but I have no knowledge on where or how to do it. It was what I have read can be done.

The 275/35 that I got are the lower limit on the 19”x11” stock rear wheels. The front can go possibly to 265 but why go staggered when the car was made for square. That is up to you. I have not mounted mine since I will, for now, use the stock rims. From what I saw online, this is the possible size tires based on rim sizing
Thank you. It looks like you did your homework, so I will go with the 275/35's also for winter. When I buy the aftermarket wheels from SVE, should I go with 10 inch wheels for the front and 11 inch wheels for the rears, or do 10 inch wheels all around? So it looks like 275/35's will fit both the stock wheels and SVE aftermarkets? Thank you for your response.

Happens all the time. There are countless guys who are running 325/30-19 and 305/30-19 setups with 11.5 and 11 inch tires. Works like a charm. Yes, we're off by about 3MPH. Just keep it in mind, In the winter, I'd rather have the height. I ran 245/45-19 tires on my 2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack car in the winter. It was a good height for that.
Thank you, sir for your response. Yes, I prefer the height and safety over winter. I do not have a second vehicle and will be daily driving in rain, mild snow, etc.

I think you could do better on your EcoBoost by selling it yourself for $20k. Why not just buy a set of 19"x9.5" SVE gloss black Drifts and run a narrower snow tire? You would save a lot of money on both the rims and tires and maybe do better in the snow.
I actually posted it online for $17K and all I got were a bunch of teenagers looking for test drives, whom did not know how to drive stick shift :( I had to drive for some of them, etc... I rather get $15K trade in + tax benefit and not have to worry about the headache of dealing with a bunch of people to be honest.
Sponsored