2019 Bullitt

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Very nice! One for my "winter projects" list.
Are these better than the Ford ones? I can barely see your lifts in the GIF. They look stealth.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Very nice! One for my "winter projects" list.
Are these better than the Ford ones? I can barely see your lifts in the GIF. They look stealth.
I have never used the Ford ones. But I'm gonna leave the stock hood support for a backup in case the strut ever gets shot. They're pretty stealth I was thinking about wrapping the body in some green. The hood feels so much lighter now. I'll post some better photos sometime over the weekend the car has been in the garage with not so good lighting.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I am glad I did the same to my Bullitt. I got a little burned when I was picking up the prop rod when the engine was hot and needed to check the oil. Now easy peasy and no burns. I kept the prop rod in place just incase and so I wouldn’t lose it.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO

Sponsored

BrandyMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Put mine on last night. The job was straightforward and didnt take long. No more prop rod in my face, like when I was changing out the horns! LOL
66091225_10156061210096695_3276743984499654656_n.jpg

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nice! Did u leave the OEM prop in there?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Nice! Did u leave the OEM prop in there?
I installed the Steeda ones, and yes, I left my prop rod on. It rattles quite a bit, so going to look at something the stop that. I can get some 1/4 inch heavy density black foam with adhesive on one side. Just have to figure out where to attach it.

Sponsored

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Do all of the hood struts (redline, steeda, ford, etc) operate the same as op's? In that it doesn't assist until the hood is half way up?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
There is basically a "balance" point where the pressure and weight balance. Below that the hood weight is greater and above that the pressure is greater than the weight.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Installed Redline racing hood strut quick lift kit from https://www.americanmuscle.com/redline-tuning-hood-quicklift-plus-system-2018-gt-ecoboost.html
I thought it would aid in lifting the hood easier but you have to be at top 1/3rd before it slowly starts lifting. Still satisfied with the results and I'll be posting some daytime photos. For now, here's a gif
20190607_025920_1.gif
I put mine on yesterday,but in the process I dropped the plastic battery clip when I was putting it back near where I drilled hole.it was the top half and it didn't hit the ground.ordered new ones today.looked as much as I could and didn't see it,and even if I could probably couldn't get it out.guess I'll just leave it there and hope for the best.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I put mine on yesterday,but in the process I dropped the plastic battery clip when I was putting it back near where I drilled hole.it was the top half and it didn't hit the ground.ordered new ones today.looked as much as I could and didn't see it,and even if I could probably couldn't get it out.guess I'll just leave it there and hope for the best.
PS. I FORGOT that at the end when your putting struts on its a 2 man job.with just prop rod holding hood struts are a bit too long.just no way I could compress to make it fit. So got my wife to hold hood all the way open and they snapped right in.i know it's gonna cost me,but hey that's why we're married 50 years.

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
PS. I FORGOT that at the end when your putting struts on its a 2 man job.with just prop rod holding hood struts are a bit too long.just no way I could compress to make it fit. So got my wife to hold hood all the way open and they snapped right in.i know it's gonna cost me,but hey that's why we're married 50 years.
Was a pretty easy job for one person to me. BUt always good to have the wifey helping!
Sponsored