Sponsored

MRT hood struts 2020 Bullitt

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't want to modify anything!
Well, I was on your same boat, and that's what 'forced me' to buy the kit in question here. So you need to decide to either modify the battery box, or stay with the rod. I inserted a piece of fuel hose I had laying around that ended up fitting perfectly (pic below). Had a hard time snaking it thru the curved shape where it mounts (once removed, of course), but soap helped. It still gets hot, but doesn't burn me anymore. What should be shameful is Ford not putting anything on the rod of this $52K+ car. Even the cheapest Hyundais have an insulating piece on their rods. Oh well. Good luck on your 1st world decision. Ha ha.
Bullitt hood rod.JPG

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Huh? The gas struts are not an original option. They are aftermarket. The small hole in the battery cover is a simple fix for not having to need the old rod. If I remember correctly, Redline even supplies the drill bit.
They are also sold on the Ford website (at least here) and Ford branded, it's not just from third parties.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah the redline ones work fine, its a 30sec job to drill the hole (and as other have said make a slit) in the battery box.

Also remember to cover the gap by the fender so you don't loose the battery box clips, or any sockets, tools etc, you wouldn't be the 1st or the last !!

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg
They are also sold on the Ford website (at least here) and Ford branded, it's not just from third parties.
Still doesn’t change the fact that the hood It self was designed without any hood struts in mind.

Even if it was Ford branded, those struts are still more than the rest of those aftermarket add on parts.
Sponsored