Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The launched doesn't have problems. It's just plain tablet looking. I just prefer one more car radio oriented.
Sponsored

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Well here it is. Looks the same as previous models and fit in my 2018 Base Mustang. I don’t see the temp on the home screen but still messing with it.
57437833233__F56EBCBA-FFA2-457F-8BB1-326EDBF28BDB.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well here it is. Looks the same as previous models and fit in my 2018 Base Mustang. I don’t see the temp on the home screen but still messing with it.
57437833233__F56EBCBA-FFA2-457F-8BB1-326EDBF28BDB.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
I heard you can see the outside air temp on the A/C controls screen. Is that the case?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Huh, still has the DVD player too.

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Is the backup camera fully functional with the color lines and not zoomed in? This is the unit I will probably choose to upgrade my base from.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah so as far as the temp goes, I see that their is a default widget that is supposed to display time / date / temp. If you look in the screen shot it is missing that spot in the widget in the top left. I notice that a weather application is trying to run in the background and i'm assuming it is trying to get weather information. Even when the unit is connected to WiFi its still not pulling any temp data... so they are full of shit on that one. I'm not sure what the "Sync" app is, don't see it on the installed apps.

Everything is working fine so far, smooth OS (8.1) and 2GB Ram T8 processor. Boot up time is about 15 Seconds.

Anyone know how to disable the damn TPMS thing from scanning all the time? I didn't get that OBDII port option and its just kinda annoying seeing it trying to pull TPMS data all the time in the little top corner.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Is the backup camera fully functional with the color lines and not zoomed in? This is the unit I will probably choose to upgrade my base from.
Yeah backup camera works fine and has all the lines, doesn't look zoomed in but is a bit lower res due to the huge screen size.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The older model has a Ford Sync app that lets it work with the base model sync system. But the app UI could be much better.

Yeah so as far as the temp goes, I see that their is a default widget that is supposed to display time / date / temp. If you look in the screen shot it is missing that spot in the widget in the top left. I notice that a weather application is trying to run in the background and i'm assuming it is trying to get weather information. Even when the unit is connected to WiFi its still not pulling any temp data... so they are full of shit on that one. I'm not sure what the "Sync" app is, don't see it on the installed apps.

Everything is working fine so far, smooth OS (8.1) and 2GB Ram T8 processor. Boot up time is about 15 Seconds.

Anyone know how to disable the damn TPMS thing from scanning all the time? I didn't get that OBDII port option and its just kinda annoying seeing it trying to pull TPMS data all the time in the little top corner.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What I wish they would spend enoug h time on, is taking the signal from the onboard temp sensor, and just add very small firmware widget at the top of the home screen that shows the temp. With all the work they put into building this thing, you'd think they would adapt the one thing that a lot of people like from the stock head unit.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Looks the same as mine. What is the Google maps performance. Did you check the Ram.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I think ill upgrade mine. How sure are you that it is 8.0?
When going to the system overview it shows all the specifications. Android 8.1 T8 processor and 2GB Memory.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Video of startup time and some functions?
Sponsored