HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yah definately, thanks for the advice!

There are many flaws with the tesla, which is why im holding off on buying one and waiting to see what this one ends up looking like.

In the original thread, it was said that 200-250 was the price range, which was why i was initially interested in the product. I understand thats super cheap for a quality headunit, but thats why i was so interested.

300-350, is a much more understandable price which I am okay with, but like you said no numbers are final yet.

Tesla units can be had for around 400, if you do a bit of research

But hopefully this product gets finalized soon! Hopefully I will be able to install it before the weather gets nice and I take my car out of storage :D

Didn't that $200-$250 thing end up being a bust, from a place in China that ripped that OP off?

I have seen Tesla units for $469, but shipping was insane at $89+
Sponsored

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Didn't that $200-$250 thing end up being a bust, from a place in China that ripped that OP off?

I have seen Tesla units for $469, but shipping was insane at $89+
Yah, i think the original place fell through not sure about details though.

Ive found tesla units for 320+68 shipping, so just under 400.

But that bootup time is definitely worrisome, probably the worst part of the entire product.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yah, i think the original place fell through not sure about details though.

Ive found tesla units for 320+68 shipping, so just under 400.

But that bootup time is definitely worrisome, probably the worst part of the entire product.

As someone who used to have one, I assure you, that's not the worst part of them lol. In fact, I still have a bunch of spare parts for them in my closet.

They tend to come out of the box with lots of "Engrish" and Chinese characters in the dialer, misspellings in the UI, poorly sized connectors that result in screen flickering or blackouts in temperature changes. Did I mention there's nobody offering tech support for them anymore either?

Where did you find them for $320 at? That's surprisingly low.

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
As someone who used to have one, I assure you, that's not the worst part of them lol. In fact, I still have a bunch of spare parts for them in my closet.

They tend to come out of the box with lots of "Engrish" and Chinese characters in the dialer, misspellings in the UI, poorly sized connectors that result in screen flickering or blackouts in temperature changes. Did I mention there's nobody offering tech support for them anymore either?

Where did you find them for $320 at? That's surprisingly low.
the typos in UI never really bother me, as long as i know what the button does im fine with it. The poor connections suck, thats something i wouldnt be able to deal with.

The tech support for any aftermarket radio is lackluster, i think thats pretty much standard when dealing with manufacturers directly from china. Even this product, its great that there is going to be support, but how long will that last? the Tesla had support too, but that ended as well.

alibaba and aliexpress have them for that price.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not saying you've never seen that, but looking right now I can only find them from $469 + 90.74 shipping which is a hell of a lot more than $320.

Since we'd be dealing with a "local" side for these units, support should last as long as the demand is there. I don't think anyone can really expect full support for too long if things fall completely flat, but I'd be happy with 6 months at the minimum to ensure no issues and everything works properly. 1 year would be great though.

Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
the typos in UI never really bother me, as long as i know what the button does im fine with it. The poor connections suck, thats something i wouldnt be able to deal with.

The tech support for any aftermarket radio is lackluster, i think thats pretty much standard when dealing with manufacturers directly from china. Even this product, its great that there is going to be support, but how long will that last? the Tesla had support too, but that ended as well.

Speaking of poor connections, let me tell you about the useless WiFi on the Tesla unit that requires custom cables to make it even pick up a signal.

Not saying you've never seen that, but looking right now I can only find them from $469 + 90.74 shipping which is a hell of a lot more than $320.

Since we'd be dealing with a "local" side for these units, support should last as long as the demand is there. I don't think anyone can really expect full support for too long if things fall completely flat, but I'd be happy with 6 months at the minimum to ensure no issues and everything works properly. 1 year would be great though.
I'm pretty sure there will be support for at least 1 year after the last unit gets sold.

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Speaking of poor connections, let me tell you about the useless WiFi on the Tesla unit that requires custom cables to make it even pick up a signal.

I'm pretty sure there will be support for at least 1 year after the last unit gets sold.
Any news on getting android auto to work with the headunit and our phones via usb? if that works, i will for sure buy this unit

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on getting android auto to work with the headunit and our phones via usb? if that works, i will for sure buy this unit
I would imagine we'll be able to answer that this week.