Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
For anyone that doesn't wanna pay $20 for Shimmy Diagnoser app...here it is for Android:

I tried it and I don't know how accurate it is
Screenshot_20181011-153841_Shimmy Diagnoser.jpg

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I bought the app and never used it. kept forgetting. my DS should be here this week, has to come ground and aparently the warehouse is moving at the same time. Is there any library that tells us what frequency is relative to what problem. They used the ford nvh machine on mine and it came up driveshaft. we shall see.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Greg , any pictures you take etc will be greatly appreciated. Keep us posted, and hopefully you can use the shimmy app to see if anything changed.

Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I bought the app and never used it. kept forgetting. my DS should be here this week, has to come ground and aparently the warehouse is moving at the same time. Is there any library that tells us what frequency is relative to what problem. They used the ford nvh machine on mine and it came up driveshaft. we shall see.
The app will show you codes on the graph, you can look the codes up here:
http://woliemotorsports.com/helpBookAndroid.html#E0_5

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm wondering if anyone has fixed this yet? I'm about to pick my car up from the dealer for uh, the fourth time? I had them put new PS4S' up front because they kept trying to blame my vibration on the factory installed Pirelli's. I kept telling them the car has done this since my first day of ownership so I know it's not tire balance.

I'm at the point where I'm tired of running the risk of more of my car getting damaged (they already put a new rattle in the dash and broke a clip when they did the evaporator replacement) so I'm thinking of trying to fix this myself by doing a BMR subframe brace and shimming the trans mount to adjust the driveline angle. I'm at the point where I want to say screw the warranty and start doing the mods I want to make the car into what I'd like it to be, I've only put a little over 2000 miles on the car this year because I'm so pissed off over various build quality issues.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Off road, what all has the deal done for your car so far. Mine goes in this wednesday for a driveshaft. They didnt call me becasue they though i would have the car put away already , we had a little snow and they spread a shit load of gravel. Its dry again and most of the gravel is gone except side streets so i am going to drive every last day i can, this is no trailer princess. I am skeptical the driveshaft will help but wtf i got warranty so we will see. Im with you, time to get it on the hoist and get to checking drive line angles and measuring the rear subframe and doing the arms and bushings etc. F the warranty, they have to prove the mods i do actually have an effect on any future warranty claims. I am a journeyman mechanic so they are going to be up against someone who is not their average customer.

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm wondering if anyone has fixed this yet? I'm about to pick my car up from the dealer for uh, the fourth time? I had them put new PS4S' up front because they kept trying to blame my vibration on the factory installed Pirelli's. I kept telling them the car has done this since my first day of ownership so I know it's not tire balance.

I'm at the point where I'm tired of running the risk of more of my car getting damaged (they already put a new rattle in the dash and broke a clip when they did the evaporator replacement) so I'm thinking of trying to fix this myself by doing a BMR subframe brace and shimming the trans mount to adjust the driveline angle. I'm at the point where I want to say screw the warranty and start doing the mods I want to make the car into what I'd like it to be, I've only put a little over 2000 miles on the car this year because I'm so pissed off over various build quality issues.
See posts 1767 to 1773. I balanced my driveshaft myself at home over 2 years ago. No problems since. Totally happy. I thought I would try fixing it myself before letting the dealer try. Long story short, the dealer has not had to look at it.

Sponsored

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
See posts 1767 to 1773. I balanced my driveshaft myself at home over 2 years ago. No problems since. Totally happy. I thought I would try fixing it myself before letting the dealer try. Long story short, the dealer has never had to look at it.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Off road, what all has the deal done for your car so far. Mine goes in this wednesday for a driveshaft. They didnt call me becasue they though i would have the car put away already , we had a little snow and they spread a shit load of gravel. Its dry again and most of the gravel is gone except side streets so i am going to drive every last day i can, this is no trailer princess. I am skeptical the driveshaft will help but wtf i got warranty so we will see. Im with you, time to get it on the hoist and get to checking drive line angles and measuring the rear subframe and doing the arms and bushings etc. F the warranty, they have to prove the mods i do actually have an effect on any future warranty claims. I am a journeyman mechanic so they are going to be up against someone who is not their average customer.
So far they replaced my driveshaft during the SSM last year, balanced the front tires twice and now we've replaced them all together.

See posts 1767 to 1773. I balanced my driveshaft myself at home over 2 years ago. No problems since. Totally happy. I thought I would try fixing it myself before letting the dealer try. Long story short, the dealer has not had to look at it.
Okay at least there is some hope to this, that's good.

I will say, granted I haven't had it on the highway for an extended time yet but I had it at 60 on some smooth backroads and it does feel like it drives better to my amazement. I wouldn't say it's 100% fixed but if it stays like this I'll be happy.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
There is nothing new about driveline vibrations or using hose clamps to smooth them out. When i worked in an engine shop we would have to add mallory metal to the harmonic balancer to smooth an engine because of a wacky torque converter. Sometime balancing off the vehicle is just not enough due to harmonics added by the engine and cars with different gearing will have these occur at different speeds.

Mustg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I had the new driveshaft installed and it reduced the vib about 90%. But it come back after about 1,500 miles but not to the extent it was.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had the new driveshaft installed and it reduced the vib about 90%. But it come back after about 1,500 miles but not to the extent it was.
This is exactly what I went through, the dealer swapped my DS under the original SSM after balancing all 4 tires the first time and it was good for about 500-1000 miles (been so long now I can't even remember) and it came back but not as bad as before.

So far all my dealer has done since then was blame tires. I've been asking every time I go if they can escalate to the FSE but it never happens.
Sponsored