Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Hey guys!

So recently I just installed Vargas's stage 2 twinscroll turbo. Install took longer than I would've like but it was my first turbo swap so lots of fun learning .

Here's the turbo fresh out the box with that oh so lovely corrosion inhibiting oil smell. :p
IMG_0398.JPG

Old turbo paper weight on left and new baby child turbo on right , old turbo still had my wastegate actuator from turbosmart, but I swapped it over of course. Pretty cool huh
IMG_0397.JPG

Those coolant lines were a pain to get out and to get back in once I replaced the o-rings :frusty:
Luckily no leaks after I get the car started so whooo!
IMG_0399.JPG

After everything was put back together and the car was started, I had no idea how to bleed the air out of the cooling system.....I had the cap off forever waiting for the fluid level to go back down after putting back what I drained. Well apparently he internet says our overflow tank bleed themselves so I thought that was pretty cool.

Things I noticed on my first drive,

The car sounds amazing! The exhaust sounds fuller and has more of an aggressive tone to it.
Significant spool up sound, I was barely able to hear it before but now you can hear just going in between lights. Kewl

Stock blowoff valve needs to get replaced because you can hear it shudder all the damn time. I'll be in traffic and you hear a shudder when I let off the gas. I was reading the threads about which one to go with (electronic or mechanical) I still haven't decided yet but it feels pretty important so we'll see.

As far as tuning goes Adam sent me a basic 93 oct file to get started with but I still have half a tank of E30 -_- soooooo, I'm gonna have to wait till I can refuel with 93. Then I'll send over some logs to get it dialed in, I honestly wanna just drive around so I can get this over with lol. Oh also I'm going to be heading to the dyno once everything is dialed in. So I'll post results of 93 and E30, maybe by the end of month.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
AWESOME....

Thanks for posting... looking forward to your dyno and thoughts on the tune - n - turbo!!!!

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Looking forward to the 93 oct feedback as well as the dyno results! Thanks!!

Reactions: Ebm

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Don't forget to post up some dyno and street vids.

Reactions: Ebm

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Awesome, keep us posted.

Sponsored

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Awesome I plan on going this route! Can't wait to see your results.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
nice! the oil drain line is the most difficult for me to deal with idk how people can screw it back on to the turbo from that angle...

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
AWESOME....

Thanks for posting... looking forward to your dyno and thoughts on the tune - n - turbo!!!!
Looking forward to the 93 oct feedback as well as the dyno results! Thanks!!
Don't forget to post up some dyno and street vids.
Awesome I plan on going this route! Can't wait to see your results.

Thanks guys! I still have 1/4 tank of E30 so I'm trying waste gas by taking the long way everywhere lol. My buddy just got a new gimbal for his go pro so I'll try and get some cool vids posted once I get on my final tune for E30.

OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
nice! the oil drain line is the most difficult for me to deal with idk how people can screw it back on to the turbo from that angle...
Ya I forgot to mention that also haha that damn screw fell atleast 15 times before getting it to go in. I ended using my phone's front facing camera to help me see if the hole was aligned properly.

alonsogaldean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
From where did you drain the coolant? I'm going to install mine Sunday if the weather is nice I'm stoked!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fridge

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
From where did you drain the coolant? I'm going to install mine Sunday if the weather is nice I'm stoked!
Haha I had no idea either, but there's a white valve with spot to place some tubing to drain into whatever. bottom passenger side of radiator.

Only down side is more coolant leaks out the little white knob than the actual drain tube, but should be no problem.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
When I did my install I didn't drain any fluids. As soon as the coolant lines came off I zipped tied them above the water line and left it that way during the install. I maybe lost a few ounces of coolant. As far as oil not one ounce spilled so I wouldn't drain the oil either.
The sound definitely got a little deeper but nothing out of this world either. This turbo definitely feels like it spools the same as the stock one but sure does bring in more boost!

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
You know, it's not a bad idea to break a new turbo in with new oil instead of used oil. By all means, everyone can do as they please, but I'm sure Tony would recommend doing the same. The coolant would be fine, although, if you're higher mileage (around 50k or so), it probably wouldn't hurt to do a drain/refill on it either. The few extra dollars spent would be worth it, IMO.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
You know, it's not a bad idea to break a new turbo in with new oil instead of used oil. By all means, everyone can do as they please, but I'm sure Tony would recommend doing the same. The coolant would be fine, although, if you're higher mileage (around 50k or so), it probably wouldn't hurt to do a drain/refill on it either. The few extra dollars spent would be worth it, IMO.
I had only 500 into my oil change. Didn't really think about how far along other would be in there oil change
Sponsored