Sponsored

Stage 2 ecoboost Spain

cpelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang ecoboost
Hello, I just made a satge 2 in my ecoboost, I write from Spain and already commented several post, the car has 19500km and has several modifications.
1- escape roush
2- admission MMR
3-downpipe megan racing
4- reprogramcion Stage 2, in reprosport Madrid (Spain)
5- Intercooler Levels Performan
The result in driving is very good, it shows a very good power rating. What I do not understand is that Ford says that the engine develops 317cv in Europe and in all the post that seen no stock reaches that power, mine gave 265cv 455nm pair, the launch was made in summer with high temperature, now with Stage 2 develops a 357cv 557nm torque, which looks like the result, the car looks like another and I think the result is good, I would like to compare the result with the modifications that are made in USA, here in Spain we have less experience in this type of engine , a greeting

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Very nice! What kind of lift or jack stand is that?

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
I prefer freedom units, so Google tells me this is like 350hp and 335lb ft. Seems way high on the hp and low on torque, right?

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Torque is 410 I think, got the same for hp though..

Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Oh yeah, whoops. Welp, sounds like fun to me!

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Good results! What fuel are you using?

It's nice to see people across the world enjoying the Mustang. Especially since it's harder/more expensive to get your parts.

OP
OP

cpelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang ecoboost
Hello, in Spain there are two types of petrol octane 95 and 98 octane, I always use 98. My question is why if Ford announces 317cv no car in stock gives that result, everything that is seen by the forum give a result between 260- 280cv, where are the missing cv ?, Ford should give explanations?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hello, in Spain there are two types of petrol octane 95 and 98 octane, I always use 98. My question is why if Ford announces 317cv no car in stock gives that result, everything that is seen by the forum give a result between 260- 280cv, where are the missing cv ?, Ford should give explanations?
Missing hp in in a drivetrain losses. Research bhp (brake horse power) - power at engine crankshaft vs. power at car's wheels.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
No Tuner in Europe reads WHP. They always calculate it to the crank. So the power was very low stock which is probably due to the shitty intercooler which causes power loss after one hard pull. There also might have been some wrong measuring because the torque was very high compared to the low power output.

If you consider the drive train loss this car was / is more like:

Before ~ 230whp, after ~300 whp and 350w wtq which is pretty nice

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Can you please confirm that the unit "cv" is the same as "kilowatt" (kw)? On this forum the unit is usually American horsepower where 1.34 American horsepower (hp) is 1 Kw and 1.36 Metric horsepower (ps) is 1 kilowatt.

I made the dyno sheet picture bigger and turned it.

attachment.png

a few things I noticed:

baseline condition has 1.081 correction factor. This is high. So actual measured value was 245 kilowatt, which is 328 American horsepower uncorrected. And that must be with the "estimated crank horsepower" factor applied. So if we assume 20% drivetrain loss (due to automatic transmission), we could say it is 204kw or 273 horsepower at the wheels uncorrected.

Also, ambient pressure is 948 millibar and 23C for baseline run, so I'm guessing your altitude must be about ~600 meters. Are you in Madrid area? If you are near the sea the ambient pressure will be higher (maybe even 1000 millibar). The standard condition is 990 millibar and 25C, so that is why your correction factor is so high. On your second run you are at 17C.

On turbo cars the correction factor is not always good to use. This is because on standard PCM software the PCM will use the turbo to maintain torque at higher altitudes by changing boost pressure. So engine with no turbo is lower power at high altitude, but engine with turbo is same power, or power change is small due to altitude. This applies only to standard hardware and standard PCM software, because it is designed that way.
sheet.png
Sponsored

Last edited: