Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi guys - SEMA is a few short weeks away and Full-Race is bringing our A-game. Ive been offline, head down in my lab getting ready. Happy to say we are stepping things up and on schedule.

2015-ford-mustang-2-3l-ecoboost-efr-twinscroll-freakoboost-turbo-kit-content-17.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-2-3l-ecoboost-efr-twinscroll-freakoboost-turbo-kit-content-20.jpg

Without question, the 2.3L EcoBoost is the most challenging and rewarding kit we've done in 13 years. The heart of any kit is the turbo manifold - that is our specialty - and ours was in a state of constant evolution. We made a decision to step up and push through our comfort level... good enough was not acceptable. We selected Inconel 625 alloy for the ultimate in heat retention and elevated temp strength. Then we worked with Headgames Motorworks to validate our designs with stock cyl heads and fully prepped race heads. After redesigning the manifold runner aero 9 times(!!) we were able to increase exhaust flow ~22% with no losses.

2015-ford-mustang-2-3l-ecoboost-efr-twinscroll-freakoboost-turbo-kit-content-18.jpg

The new inconel manifolds are finished, in stock, and shipping with all new turbo kit orders. Ive personally spent more resources on this single project than anything else in our company history. I am daily driving our EFR mustang right now and cant convey through this post how elated I am with the result. We've tested many different manifolds, turbos and housing configurations. Its clear that turbo lag is the enemy of the 2.3L ecoboost. Lag ruins what makes the mustang fun to drive. however this engine really needs a decent size turbo to have some fun, and this setup is the only way ive found to get that done. Below is the dyno result from the cobb accessport tune from jeff evans at evans-tuning in PA. This represents an entirely stock vehicle with our turbokit, intercooler and exhaust.

2015-ford-mustang-2-3l-ecoboost-efr-twinscroll-freakoboost-turbo-kit-content-21.jpg

Turbo Kit is here: http://www.full-race.com/store/efr-...ost-efr-twinscroll-freakoboost-turbo-kit.html

i will put together a video to visually explain the differences and use an engine stand to illustrate the installation procedure. Let me know what questions you have and ill try to answer them in the video. Thanks for reading -Geoff
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Can't wait to get the new production in my hands!

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What about those of us with existing full race turbo kits. Are we able to upgrade to this new manifold? I have the 7163.

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Do you sell any twinscrolls that are a direct bolt-on improvement over stock that would work with stock down pipe and exhaust? I have CAI already.

Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Will your DP bolt up to the stock location (can I use my existing catack which has a 3" tube?)

What are the differences between the turbo options? Are there instructions available so that I can see what all is involved with the install?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Geoff, what fuel requirements? What will it do with straight pump 93?

OP
OP
Full-Race Geoff

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
great questions! i will address these in the video

Will your DP bolt up to the stock location (can I use my existing catack which has a 3" tube?)
Yes, no problem. Our DP will work with existing catback exhausts

What are the differences between the turbo options?
The differences are in the size of the turbo and how it delivers boost. We use BorgWarner EFR turbos in this kit, you can use any size EFR you like - this will depend on your specific goals and plans we can help advise once we understand your needs. If its a 100% stock motor for autocross, the 7163 is the call. For street/strip the 7064 and 7670 make sense. If youre looking to do a built motor with high boost or go drag racing the 8374 and 9174 would be the call.

Are there instructions available so that I can see what all is involved with the install?
Instructions are available, and the install is straight forwards. I am updating the install this week along with the video but happy to share the old instructions if youd like to check them outYou need to know how to turn a wrench, but honestly one of the easier turbo installs ive done.

Do you sell any twinscrolls that are a direct bolt-on improvement over stock that would work with stock down pipe and exhaust? I have CAI already.
Our turbo kit is a bolt on - but it is a top mounted turbo (Stock is a bottom mounted turbo). therefore the CAI you already have will not work. however it is usually pretty easy to sell the old CAI or other go fast parts online

What about those of us with existing full race turbo kits. Are we able to upgrade to this new manifold? I have the 7163.
the kits are very similar, but slightly different. I will address this in the video - the downpipe needs a 0.75" extension and the intake tube/charge pipe need a 0.75" trim

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Will the first generation kit be available for those who want to save a little money?

OP
OP
Full-Race Geoff

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Will the first generation kit be available for those who want to save a little money?
good question - first gen kits actually cost more to manufacture. this kit is better and will actually go down in price a couple hundred dollars

Sponsored

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Appreciate all of your hard work. Looks like a quality product that is going to allow (relatively) easy application specific modding. I'm going for a bad ass street / occasional track setup myself.
S.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Looks great

TEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4 - on its way to be traded
Will you offer the manifold separately from the kit?

OP
OP
Full-Race Geoff

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Will you offer the manifold separately from the kit?
Tec, we can sell the kit without intercooler, but the manifold requires our top mount EFR specific downpipe, charge pipes, intake so will not be sold seperate. thanks -Geoff

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Hi Full-Race Geoff

Looking at stock ports (1, 2+3, 4) is it just photo port angle or is 2+3 (center) area less than the combined 1 and 4 ports ?
Assuming each scroll camber is 2+3 and 1+4 cylinders.

I think this was mentioned way back when EB came out but can't remember.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.