Sponsored

First VTT Stage 2 in the 10's! Who's next!

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
No offense, but I am simply going by the results posted on the NMRA website, if they are incorrect they should post the correct results. Also I mean lets do what that post was intended to do. Put things in perspective, thats all. Brads car i s a FULL OUT race car, stripped, no exhaust, no downpipe, full slicks, skinnies, transbrake, the list can go on. Marks car drives to, and from the track on this tune, and gets 20+ MPG while doing so, and is running very similar ET's. That was the point simply perspective, not knocking what was accomplished at the shootout, as Brad's car is bad ass.

I just take a lot of pride in these results, and as some big names (that will remain unnamed)on this platform did everything they could to bash this turbo, and steer people away from buying it. To prove it is not only the most cost effective option, but it can put you solidly in the 10's without a lot of money invested in the car is something we are very happy about. :clap2:
I'm simply pointing out you should not assume anything you should use the facts and in this case you don't know them. You are trying to prove the value of your product against a single timeslip a car ran without knowing how the car was set up on that pass. Yes his car is a race car no one argues that but if you know his car or pay attention to the results you would know that isn't even close to an all out pass. Till this event he held the record at 10.39 at 130 so obviously that 10.83 @ 122 was his qualifying pass on very low boost. In the final he went 137.53.

A better comparison would be to find a car running a comparable turbo kit where you know they are running hard at near the same boost levels and compare Mark's accomplishments to that. That will be where your turbo will shine the most since you don't have to change anything out but the turbo not install a completely new kit. The vendors bashing it usually have an alternative agenda so the best way to squash that is with a solid comparisons that can't be debated.
14479751_1287490654594323_5473016893719926523_n.jpg
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I can see what has happened to Tony with the Vargas Turbo in the past has made him easily jumpy as there was a vendor that simply made it hard for him to sell this turbo because it was not given a fair chance on the market, and was given an unneeded bad reputation.
I like to call the Vargas Stage 2 a medium size turbo, its not gonna fight with the big dogs like the CPE or the Full Race kit with a large Borg Warner turbo bolted to those adapters. But as proven, it definitely holds its own, and is a simple direct bolt on.
I guess I just hate to see people misunderstand this situation. I can see that Tony is a bit defensive due to what happened in the past. On my car , the Vargas Stage 2 is pretty much tapped out, but for 2k and 126 mph, thats a heck of a deal.
As ive said in many threads, I love the CPE kit and now the Full Race with its new adapter is very nice as well. The Vargas Stage 2 " Medium " size turbo is holding its own right now, but 137 mph aint gonna happen with it. The real race kits are real race kits, no doubt about that, 134 mph, 137 mph, absolutely awesome !!!!
I find it very sad that there is so much Vendor bashing in the Ecoboost community, if your not savvy, and dont understand what your buying or what you need, your are easily misled. I post very little, wont help people, and wont even bother on FB due to these reasons.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
A better comparison would be to find a car running a comparable turbo kit where you know they are running hard at near the same boost levels and compare Mark's accomplishments to that. That will be where your turbo will shine the most since you don't have to change anything out but the turbo not install a completely new kit. The vendors bashing it usually have an alternative agenda so the best way to squash that is with a solid comparisons that can't be debated.
I am honestly trying to wrap my head around why you are so up in arms over a simple comparison. A full out race car went 10.2 at 137, thats a great accomplishment, as is what Mark pulled off. Different cars at the top of their respective games, so a comparison is not out of line. Simply shows what a full out race car can do, and what someone with a lot of patience, and work can do with much less money invested. I was not trying to be offensive, so apologies if it came off that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I can see what has happened to Tony with the Vargas Turbo in the past has made him easily jumpy as there was a vendor that simply made it hard for him to sell this turbo because it was not given a fair chance on the market, and was given an unneeded bad reputation.
I like to call the Vargas Stage 2 a medium size turbo, its not gonna fight with the big dogs like the CPE or the Full Race kit with a large Borg Warner turbo bolted to those adapters. But as proven, it definitely holds its own, and is a simple direct bolt on.
I guess I just hate to see people misunderstand this situation. I can see that Tony is a bit defensive due to what happened in the past. On my car , the Vargas Stage 2 is pretty much tapped out, but for 2k and 126 mph, thats a heck of a deal.
As ive said in many threads, I love the CPE kit and now the Full Race with its new adapter is very nice as well. The Vargas Stage 2 " Medium " size turbo is holding its own right now, but 137 mph aint gonna happen with it. The real race kits are real race kits, no doubt about that, 134 mph, 137 mph, absolutely awesome !!!!
I find it very sad that there is so much Vendor bashing in the Ecoboost community, if your not savvy, and dont understand what your buying or what you need, your are easily misled. I post very little, wont help people, and wont even bother on FB due to these reasons.
I have to agree, I believe you prob found the limits of this turbo, which is pretty impressive considering what you have done. We also agree this is a medium sized turbo, and is in no way supposed to replace a large turbo kit. But when compared to other medium sized turbo kits, it holds its own nicely.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
...I find it very sad that there is so much Vendor bashing in the Ecoboost community, if your not savvy, and dont understand what your buying or what you need, your are easily misled. I post very little, wont help people, and wont even bother on FB due to these reasons.
Same here. I read this forum regularly but rarely post these days. Every thread turns into vendors or hardcore fans of specific vendors shitting on each other.

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I have to agree, I believe you prob found the limits of this turbo, which is pretty impressive considering what you have done. We also agree this is a medium sized turbo, and is in no way supposed to replace a large turbo kit. But when compared to other medium sized turbo kits, it holds its own nicely.
Absolutely Tony, I think this turbo is a sheep in wolfs clothing as well. Its sized really really well. I think you did a wonderful job on that. The twin scroll housing will help with the inevitable lag that people dont want with a larger than stock turbo.
People dont forget while I might be tapped out at 127 mph, it doesnt mean I wont ET better, I wont stop here on that. I have the goal now to get Lund Racing a couple of high 10.70 time slips !!
Im glad that everyone is understanding that this turbo is a nice bolt on stock frame piece. Im also glad people understand that its not a Borg Warner 7670 , 8374 or a 9180 , which is what it takes to run with the Big Dogs.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Thing is, the UPR car isn't a full out race piece. Still has full interior and has a cage. Nobody will deny for 2k yalls turbo does a BANG up job on Mark's car. As I've stated in your thread, I'm waiting on the twin scroll testing as I'm not interested in changing the converter. Though I'm not opposed to using nitrous to spool, just would prefer not to. Yall do a good job with these things and hope you continue to get more cars to perform as mark's does.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Thing is, the UPR car isn't a full out race piece. Still has full interior and has a cage. Nobody will deny for 2k yalls turbo does a BANG up job on Mark's car. As I've stated in your thread, I'm waiting on the twin scroll testing as I'm not interested in changing the converter. Though I'm not opposed to using nitrous to spool, just would prefer not to. Yall do a good job with these things and hope you continue to get more cars to perform as mark's does.
Thank you sir! We appreciate the kind words!

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Ran into Mark at the track last night. His car simply runs 10 second passes, over, and over, and over again. It is really quite shocking how quietly fast his car is. Under the hood it looks DEAD STOCK. He is even running the factory rubber cold side charge pipe! This car is so damn cool!

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Ran into Mark at the track last night. His car simply runs 10 second passes, over, and over, and over again. It is really quite shocking how quietly fast his car is. Under the hood it looks DEAD STOCK. He is even running the factory rubber cold side charge pipe! This car is so damn cool!
[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Was that you in the black GT? We brought our Manual Six Speed BMW out for the first time in almost 2 years. Driving a manual at the track is tougher than I remember. Still managed a 11.0 at 136.48MPH second pass, 3rd pass snapped the drive shaft....:frusty:

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Was that you in the black GT? We brought our Manual Six Speed BMW out for the first time in almost 2 years. Driving a manual at the track is tougher than I remember. Still managed a 11.0 at 136.48MPH second pass, 3rd pass snapped the drive shaft....:frusty:
Yep , I saw that bmw run

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
I am honestly trying to wrap my head around why you are so up in arms over a simple comparison. A full out race car went 10.2 at 137, thats a great accomplishment, as is what Mark pulled off. Different cars at the top of their respective games, so a comparison is not out of line. Simply shows what a full out race car can do, and what someone with a lot of patience, and work can do with much less money invested. I was not trying to be offensive, so apologies if it came off that way.
No one is up in arms I'm simply stating that you are making a poor comparison. Brad went 9.99 @ 131 a few days later just trying to run a number and that is just scratching the surface. As a consumer I'd want to see a comparison of your product against something similar to judge it by.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
No one is up in arms I'm simply stating that you are making a poor comparison. Brad went 9.99 @ 131 a few days later just trying to run a number and that is just scratching the surface. As a consumer I'd want to see a comparison of your product against something similar to judge it by.
? Um, so first Steve was in here, we hashed everything out, and now you are in here? Care to explain exactly why? That you cannot simply understand how a car with stock everything, and an upgraded turbo running not to far from a full race car is not an interesting comparison for potential customers is not my problem. Please remove yourself from this thread, and it would seem @UPR as a whole is just looking to argue coming back in a week later after a topic has been put to bed. Take care now
Sponsored