Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
we have some info in the ecoboost article on our site, the photo below clearly shows the flow paths:

Mustang-EcoBoost-Twinscroll-1.jpg

To answer your question, you are completely correct. The port angle visually appears different but has comparable flow paths. The reason is our cyl 2/3 cross sections are taken at the flat of the cyl head. the cyl 1/4 cross section visually appears to larger from the merge angle (dictated by the casting). Overall they are pretty close - but there is definite gains from head porting, particularly behind the valves. Our turbo kit benefits from proper head prep but certainly not mandatory. we still have the 100% oem original motor in our car
Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
we have some info in the ecoboost article on our site, the photo below clearly shows the flow paths:

Mustang-EcoBoost-Twinscroll-1.jpg

To answer your question, you are completely correct. The port angle visually appears different but has comparable flow paths. The reason is our cyl 2/3 cross sections are taken at the flat of the cyl head. the cyl 1/4 cross section visually appears to larger from the merge angle (dictated by the casting). Overall they are pretty close - but there is definite gains from head porting, particularly behind the valves. Our turbo kit benefits from proper head prep but certainly not mandatory. we still have the 100% oem original motor in our car
Thanks, that is what I thought but as I have not seen disassembled engine I asked.
Yeh, that's common on 4 cylinder heads were the outlet is center, so center ports goes straight out verse ends which are angled.

Anyway, thanks for explaining/confirming :)
Your kit looks good.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Inconel, wow! That's serious stuff.
Have you guys ever considered ceramic coating components?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Holy sh*t, Inconel isn't the easiest material to work with, by far. You guys did a nice job there. D*mn, you guys make stuff for the GT's?

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Below is the dyno result from the cobb accessport tune from jeff evans at evans-tuning in PA. This represents an entirely stock vehicle with our turbokit, intercooler and exhaust.

2015-ford-mustang-2-3l-ecoboost-efr-twinscroll-freakoboost-turbo-kit-content-21.jpg
Which turbo was used here?

OP
OP
Full-Race Geoff

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Holy sh*t, Inconel isn't the easiest material to work with, by far. You guys did a nice job there. D*mn, you guys make stuff for the GT's?
The 5.0L GT hasn't seen any love from us yet. Our contracts with Ford are all based on EcoBoost product development: 3.5L F150, 2.0L ST/fusion, 2.3L Mustang / RS and 2017+ Raptor. Inconel 625 has a learning curve, but the benefits for this 2.3L ecoboost outweigh any other considerations. This engine can see more than 1000C EGT and will be subject to serious abuse.

Inconel, wow! That's serious stuff.
Have you guys ever considered ceramic coating components?
Great idea and Yes, we have an entire ceramic coating operation in-house. Many of our customers order the manifolds, turbo housings, downpipes with high temp ceramic coatings. highly recommended to do this if you live near a corrosive coastal environment

Any word on price?
Complete kits are $3000 + turbo (turbo price dependant on size). If you already have an intercooler it will save approx $700

Which turbo was used here?
EFR7670, one of my all time favorite turbochargers.

Which fuel was used?
we tuned on 91 octane pump and 100 octane pump. (the love's truck stop gas station by our shop sells 100 oct unleaded at the pump)

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
The 5.0L GT hasn't seen any love from us yet. Our contracts with Ford are all based on EcoBoost product development: 3.5L F150, 2.0L ST/fusion, 2.3L Mustang / RS and 2017+ Raptor. Inconel 625 has a learning curve, but the benefits for this 2.3L ecoboost outweigh any other considerations. This engine can see more than 1000C EGT and will be subject to serious abuse.

EFR7670, one of my all time favorite turbochargers.

we tuned on 91 octane pump and 100 octane pump. (the love's truck stop gas station by our shop sells 100 oct unleaded at the pump)
Wow , these run hot, figure it would be hotter than past OEM turbo's with fast spool up but I always remember we would try an stay below 1400F EGT on port injected engines.

Ok, but on that graph, was it 91 or 100 octane, I assume its 100 from power levels.
Edit: Ah, I see there's two graphs in there.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Full-Race Geoff

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Are these kits CARB legal?
Our kits can retain the OEM cat and satisfy certain states emissions requirements. However California is one state that does not allow the linear distance from exhaust valve to cat inlet to change - so we do not carry CARB approval

Wow , these run hot, figure it would be hotter than past OEM turbo's with fast spool up but I always remember we would try an stay below 1400F EGT on port injected engines. Ok, but on that graph, was it 91 or 100 octane, I assume its 100 from power levels. Edit: Ah, I see there's two graphs in there.
exactly, these ecoboost engines can reach astronomical exhaust gas temps. I consider 950C (1742F) to be the safe max exhaust temp - and with proper tuning you should never go beyond that. OEM tunes can get up to 1000C for emissions and fuel economy (lean burn) purposes

How about a full Inconel exhaust? :p
total waste of inconel. This material is very expensive and it's advantages are pre-turbine

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Our kits can retain the OEM cat and satisfy certain states emissions requirements. However California is one state that does not allow the linear distance from exhaust valve to cat inlet to change - so we do not carry CARB approval
Bummer. Over half the Mustangs sold in California are EcoBoost models and California sells a LOT of Mustangs. You guys would make a killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.