z06 LT6

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
They did it to keep the traditional V8 sound. They didn't want it to sound like a Ferrari.
You sure about that? I don’t think our cars sound like anything on the road.
I do agree about the Ferrari comment though, wouldn’t want it to.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You sure about that?
Everything I have heard says it was for the sound. Reality says with the unequal manifolds it wouldn't have sounded like one anyway. Ferrari's have equal length headers.

I would have loved the supercar sound.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Scroll down to the Powertrain section of the article. It’s basically to meet power limit requirements
This is why Ford decided to forgo the FPC in racing. Less reliability with a limit on power that could be made with the CPC. Should be interesting

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Everything I have heard says it was for the sound. Reality says with the unequal manifolds it wouldn't have sounded like one anyway. Ferrari's have equal length headers.

I would have loved the supercar sound.
I have heard the same. They felt the traditional Mustang driver would not like the sound. Not sure they were correct on that one

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have heard the same. They felt the traditional Mustang driver would not like the sound. Not sure they were correct on that one
I agree, think we would have been ok with the sound, and DEFNITELY ok with better reliability

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hasn't it ran LeMans in mulitple vehicles ?

I think everyone here nothing but praise the effort GM put into this car & engine, especially at the price they're selling it. With C8 (not even Z06) they made a racecar which is not what the typical customer base really bought corvettes for, so no surprise that GM people are bashing it. Both cars (base and Z06) are IMHO fantastic.
I hadn't heard that? I assumed 2023 IMSA was their debut. I'm likely wrong and I know at least one other person will know this answer if he chimes in. I haven't researched much on it. I love the motor, but the car isn't my cup of tea.

I wish GM would have called it something other than Corvette. This is just my opinion, but the Corvette was always a GT car, not a track car. The C8, even in non-Z06 trim, is 100% a track car. I wish they would have kept the front engine rear drive Corvette, and a new variant off the Corvette brand called the LCS, or some other cool Corvette based name (GM named the Corvette based off the Navy ships). I also have this opinion on the Mach 1 though too. Great car, terrible name choice considering the heritage.

The beauty is, you retain the GT car, and now have a full on dedicated track platform you could build without rubber bushings, power/heated/cooled seats, and all the non-track stuff the Z06 is bound to have to make it comfortable on the road. But anyways, it's just my opinion. Doesn't change the performance of the car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s all personal taste but I love the sound of the Voodoo. Still has the Mustang undertones but has a bit of an exotic twist. Granted I’ve only heard the new Z06 on YouTube videos which we all know doesn’t fully capture the sounds of these cars, but it sounds very much to me like a Ferrari or Lambo and I gotta be honest I’m not sure I totally dig it. The performance is undeniable but I’m iffy on the sound. But I guess that comes with the territory of using a more traditional FPC.

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
My understanding was that the Voodoo sound was a result of the fact that the firing order is different then that of a Ferrari, which was due to the inability to fit dual intakes secondary to packaging concerns, this also lead to unequal length headers. All of which contributes to the uniqueness of the Voodoo tone, I don't think I've ever come across anything that suggested Ford tuned it that way but perhaps I missed that somewhere?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'll have to find it, but have you guys seen the meme's of the side of the Z06 where those fins look like a dolphins mouth or something like that? If you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about...and you absolutely cannot unsee it. I was not a fan anyways as the car is not even growing on me, but this flat out ruined it. The C-7 Z06 punched me in the face day one. I still can't get on board, not even a little bit, with C8 styling. $0.02

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
That review was awesome. i really dig the C8, and already liked the C7. But man its like 150+k for a normal C8, the Z06 is probably above 200k.. so yeah :(
But in general i would get one if i had the Chance. Awesome machine, no idea how well it holds up though. (Even some Gt350s occasionally turn into Frag grenades... but that 5.2 Sound!)

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
The 650 has dual intakes, same hood line.
Met one of the powertrain engineers for the GT350 this year at Zingermann's cars and coffee here in Ann Arbor, when discussing the new Z06 LT6 he mentioned that one of the constraints they had back in development was that they could not do a dual intake manifold on the GT350 as a result of packaging. There's more to it than just the hood line, you have to accommodate for twin throttle bodies, etc.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have to agree. While I do think our VooDoo's sound great and somewhat unique it was the flat crank design that was a huge draw for me and as such the traditional Formula 1 wailing, fabric tearing sound is what I would have wanted it to retain. Precisely how the Vette sounds. Personal preference I know. Will alway be curious too if the changes that Ford engineers made could in any way contribute to any problems some VooDoo's have experienced? A bit amusing too that Ford felt that traditional Mustang drivers wouldn't like the sound when the Shelby is definitely not a traditional Mustang nor Muscle Car considering they chose not to put the name Mustang nor the Pony anywhere on the car.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
How'd you like the C6 z? I would love to pick one up in the next year or two and build it out. Maybe throw on a procharger. They've been climbing a bit recently though so hopefully they wont be too high by 2024.
I liked it a lot. It was fast in a straight line but the GT350 handles much better on track. This is stock vs stock. I bought it in 2010 with 12k miles, was an 06, for $38k and traded it in with 30k miles in 2014 on a Raptor for $34k lol. Damn I miss depreciation.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Ford fucked up by attempting to make an FPC sound conventional. Between the up/down/up/down crank, firing order, and desire to keep parts common with the Coyote they sacrificed so much in terms of performance and reliability. Chevy learned from Ford's short-sighted ideology. I would without a doubt trade up for a C8 Z06 if it were in my financial ability.
Sponsored