z06 LT6

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
ya, I'm 6' but about 245. personally, while I like the c7 a lot, I have actually come to prefer the c6 z06 as my current preferred 'vette option. I'd definitely own one of those. Had a chance to 'steal' one a couple years ago that only had 30k on it, could have gotten it for $34k. still kickin myself for not getting it.
Oof, yeah looking back that was a steal! I like the C6 also, but the rear of the C7 is chefā€™s kiss.
Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Oof, yeah looking back that was a steal! I like the C6 also, but the rear of the C7 is chefā€™s kiss.
ya, it was owned by and old woman whose husband had died a few years prior. none of her kids wanted it. it was a tough pill to swallow. I just wasn't in the financial position then that I am now. if that deal came along now I'd be heading to the bank instead of typing this. wifey be damned.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
ya, it was owned by and old woman whose husband had died a few years prior. none of her kids wanted it. it was a tough pill to swallow. I just wasn't in the financial position then that I am now. if that deal came along now I'd be heading to the bank instead of typing this. wifey be damned.
LOL yeah I get that. Nobody could have seen what was coming as far as used car prices. Iā€™m with you, if a deal like that popped up right now, Iā€™m sprinting to the bank. Easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission šŸ˜‚

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Tell ya what, for some reason, especially here in the US we need to be spoon fed changes, whatever they are.
In this case the Corvette went through some ā€œMAJORā€ changes as we all know. Some act like itā€™s a bad thingā€¦really? This car is amazing, period.
Look past what it looks like and see it for what it is. Design is an opinion thing, I get that. You cannot deny what an amazing sports car it is for the money.
I waited months to sit in one before I bought my GT350. If I would have fit comfortably in one Iā€™d be driving it now instead of the GT350. Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ or so and 240lbs.
A good friend bought a C8 convertible a while back, amazing car and more power than heā€˜ll ever needā€¦he loves it. He traded in his C7.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
One thing I find interesting - the production cars redline at 8500 and the race cars redline MUCH lower. If I recall, something like 6800 or so. I wonder if that's reliability or to meet power targets (or both).
That is a good question. Hopefully someone chimes in with the answer.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Scroll down to the Powertrain section of the article. Itā€™s basically to meet power limit requirements

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Different engine - that's the CPC LT2 in the Stingray - both the C8.R and the Z06 use the FPC engine. Looks like the article calls it the LT5.5
So they do talk about the FPC in the C8.R producing 500 hp at 7,400 rpm due to power limit restrictors. My assumption was that is the FPC LT5.5 they referenced. I do know a few folks that were/are engineers at GM, I can see if they can provide any additional clarification.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Tell ya what, for some reason, especially here in the US we need to be spoon fed changes, whatever they are.
In this case the Corvette went through some ā€œMAJORā€ changes as we all know. Some act like itā€™s a bad thingā€¦really? This car is amazing, period.
Look past what it looks like and see it for what it is. Design is an opinion thing, I get that. You cannot deny what an amazing sports car it is for the money.
I waited months to sit in one before I bought my GT350. If I would have fit comfortably in one Iā€™d be driving it now instead of the GT350. Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ or so and 240lbs.
A good friend bought a C8 convertible a while back, amazing car and more power than heā€˜ll ever needā€¦he loves it. He traded in his C7.
i dont think people need to be spoon fed changes at all, well maybe some do, but largely we all know the tech in the c7 is better than the c6, c8 is better than c7, etc.

for me, the first time I saw a c7 on the road (in a parking lot actually so i got out and talked to the owner) it was drop dead gorgeous. I like the layout of the dash and interior and etc. it's a damn nice car. over time tho it has kind of worn on me and I'm finding myself preferring the cleaner/classier lines of the c6. my sons like the c7 better and that's fine. I do not like the c5 much at all, i'm not sure it was much of an upgrade over the c4 looks wise at this stage in my life, tho back then I thought the c4 was gawd awful. sometimes your tastes changes over time, sometimes that means going backward. it's not a big deal. the c8 is not a regression of tech, neither was the c7. some just have a pref for the look of other models. :beer: :beer:

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Youā€™d be surprised how many ā€œCorvette guysā€ bash the new design/tech of the C8.
Iā€˜ve never been a brand or model loyalist so I have trouble understanding that mindset.
I have the ability to see things for what they are without loyalty clouding my personal judgement.
I have friends that will never buy anything but a Chevy. They wonā€™t even consider a GMC truckā€¦I donā€™t get it. I have friends and neighbors who have owned only Fords their entire lives and will not consider anything elseā€¦I donā€™t get that either.
I can go on and on but you get the picture.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Different engine - that's the CPC LT2 in the Stingray - both the C8.R and the Z06 use the FPC engine. Looks like the article calls it the LT5.5
" The 5.5-liter DOHC V8 engine that powers the C8.R produces 500 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque @ 7,400rpm due to the air restrictors mandated by a power limit for the GTLM class the C8.R competes in. Without these restrictors the power output would be considerably higher. "

You were correct on your assumption. Regardless, time will tell how this motor holds up in competition, completely different world than on the street.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You were correct on your assumption. Regardless, time will tell how this motor holds up in competition, completely different world than on the street.
Hasn't it ran LeMans in mulitple vehicles ?

I think everyone here nothing but praise the effort GM put into this car & engine, especially at the price they're selling it. With C8 (not even Z06) they made a racecar which is not what the typical customer base really bought corvettes for, so no surprise that GM people are bashing it. Both cars (base and Z06) are IMHO fantastic.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Youā€™d be surprised how many ā€œCorvette guysā€ bash the new design/tech of the C8.
Iā€˜ve never been a brand or model loyalist so I have trouble understanding that mindset.
I have the ability to see things for what they are without loyalty clouding my personal judgement.
I have friends that will never buy anything but a Chevy. They wonā€™t even consider a GMC truckā€¦I donā€™t get it. I have friends and neighbors who have owned only Fords their entire lives and will not consider anything elseā€¦I donā€™t get that either.
I can go on and on but you get the picture.
ya, I got you. right now I own several fords, but I'm still a fan of chevy/dodge/others once you get back to the old school stuff in particular. a relative of mine, if you say anything other than 'ford model x' under his breath you can hear him say 'piece of shit', every time, without fail. kinda funny to be honest but also a good laugh.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Please correct me if I am wrong,
They did it to keep the traditional V8 sound. They didn't want it to sound like a Ferrari.
Sponsored