C6 Z06 owners

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Thank you all for your replies. My Z is an 11 Carbon with the carbon brakes and MPSS tires.
Lots of fun on an autox course. The girlfriend has a 13 5.0 GT manual convertible .Even with the solid rear axle it's a more pleasant ride on a lot of the roads here. Only one dealer here that has the Shelby allocation so I am hoping they can be convinced to allow a test drive. A friend tried in the fall when he was looking. They said no so he bought a Camaro.
Find a used one at a dealer/Carmax and test drive before you decide.
Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I have always thought how awesome the GT350 engine would be in my 3176# Z06...
Voodoo motor in a light car would be heaven like this:
A4-CAM10090.jpg

ffr-at-2017-pri-show-folio.jpg

A2-CAM10026.jpg

I think if Ford built a car like this with Carrol Shelby's help (taking up his time) in the early 90s the Viper may not have existed.

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
If you have one of the actual Carbon editions, I would hold on to it....bottom of depreciation curve and always in demand if you sell.

I have a 13 C6Z set up with some minor track mods and Stoptech brakes, no comparison to the GT350 as far as back roads/track and size feel, hands down the Z. The Z loses on many of the quotes above, space, road noise, visibility, ease of use, newer tech, etc.
However to me, and this will be controversial to some, the GT just always feels big and ponderous at times, yes it sticks, yes it brakes very well, but it never feels "smaller that it is" to me as others have said. Even engine comparisons, the LS7 is a great engine, the GT350 engine also, in different ways.

As far as handling and oversteer, the earlier/first Z had a very stiff rear shock, changed over the years, and frankly I do not find the car scary or loose, yes it needs more finesse in power application, not as forgiving as the GT350, but boy when you learn to manipulate that endless linear power ! I actually find the rear end of the GT350 a bit unruly, bumpy and slightly skittish, like damping is off. Not scary, or it steps out, and easily catchable.

If you only had to have one toy, it would be a hard call for me....the GT350 more usable daily, space for travel, comfort and ease of entry, a great GT car, the Z a true sports car.
Keep the Carbon and get a GT350 if you can do both, or maybe a PP1/2 if budget is tight.

I have always thought how awesome the GT350 engine would be in my 3176# Z06...
What he said! :cheers:

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Sky, no need to test drive first. I bought my first GT350 sight-unseen. First Ford. Paid more than sticker. Zero regrets! Sold it and bought an R. Didn't drive the R first. These are awesome machines. Get one ASAP!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
WEight is weight. Although the GT350 hides weight well, it's still there under a blanket. The Z06 is weighs almost 600lbs less. Let's just be real, that is a big deal and it's apparent. But that might also be a testament to the 350's capability too.

Sponsored

Zeus79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt350
I owned a 2007 Zo6 and it was a beast. As some have already posted that car had to be respected because if you eat garbage with the throttle it’ll get you. In the end I had to seek it to buy a house. I waited to buy my next toy which was the C6 Zr1 but a baby came into my life. Therefore I need back seats. I heard a unique sounding car out in the streets and I new it was a V8 but didn’t sound like a typical one. I see this car with badging that says gt350. I did some research and didn’t realize that ford had made a Shelby gt350. I was in love with the car and never would imagine being a vette guy going out and buying this car. Fast forward now I own a 2017 H1933 and I enjoy this car more, baby it like there’s no tomm and get more looks and thumbs up than I ever did with the vette. It’s an amazing car and wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Technology moves on, the C6 was designed over 15 years ago, and even though it had many improvements over the years, it still is a dated platform. Just look at what Chevy was able to do with the C7 standard car when it first came out, 245 front tires...and it stuck....tires, nannies, shocks all good stuff, and making the GT350 handle close/like a GT3 and C7. New cars like the C7 let even a newbie hit the track, click the nannies on and in an auto car, basically let the car do most of the driving.
Sponsored