HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Polygamists can't have Mustangs, How the hell they gonna fit extra women in it? lol
Boy, am I going to get in PC trouble. You obviously never read Penthouse letters in the '70s or you'd know the answer: quadruple amputees.
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Boy, am I going to get in PC trouble. You obviously never read Penthouse letters in the '70s or you'd know the answer: quadruple amputees.
Is there an emoji for spitting coffee all over my computer?!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Ghost. it's up to you to bring her along to turn her into an exceptional car girl. My wife of 41 years was the same when we started dating. She didn't quite understand the car thing, but was willing to play along with my craziness. After some coaching, and time with the cars she has grown into a car nut in her own way. You have a good one, bring her along, treat her right, and you'll have your own car gal by your side. Heck mine even calls my attention to a nice car that I have missed when we are out, and about . What a woman.
Thanks! You sound like you have a great one as well!

Mine is definitely catching on more and more. I joked with her that before we knew it she'd be trading in her Honda for one and she said she'd love to have a Mustang. I point out little things to her and her eye for those things is getting better, Its really fun. Our next adventure will be when I bring her along to watch when I take it down the strip for the first pass lol

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
lolol

"I never thought I'd be writing a letter like this, but here I am..."

Sponsored

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
I sold my 69 Fastback for the family 9 years ago...

So when it finally came time for me to go get a ride of my choice, the Stang was a no brainer and my wife loves it almost as much as I do! I'm a lucky guy.

Severn Wes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed manual, 2017 VW GTI 6 speed manual
20181019_180231.jpg
My wife was on a mission trip in Guatemala when I bought mine. Discussed it over the phone and got the OK with no problems. Had been looking at Mustang GTs for a while. Traded in my 2006 GTO for the 2018 GT at around mid October. Learned that summer tires shouldn't be driven when the temps go below 45 degrees. Needless to say, it hasn't been driven much since then, maybe 150 miles. Temps in MD have been in the low teens for a while, and who in their right mind is going to drive this car on salt covered roads even when the temps hit the 50's. Good Lord, this is killing me, can't wait for spring to arrive.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I got rid of my wife in preparation for getting my new Mustang. She complained enough about the one that I had when we first got married, so I sold it for a "more acceptable" vehicle. When I decided I couldn't live without a Mustang, I told her she had to go if it was going to be an issue. Needless to say, she's gone and I've got an '18 with a Whipple and couldn't be happier.
When my wife and I divorced she got my 66 Mustang coupe in the settlement. I have hated that ever since, I really miss that Mustang.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
20181019_180231.jpg
My wife was on a mission trip in Guatemala when I bought mine. Discussed it over the phone and got the OK with no problems. Had been looking at Mustang GTs for a while. Traded in my 2006 GTO for the 2018 GT at around mid October. Learned that summer tires shouldn't be driven when the temps go below 45 degrees. Needless to say, it hasn't been driven much since then, maybe 150 miles. Temps in MD have been in the low teens for a while, and who in their right mind is going to drive this car on salt covered roads even when the temps hit the 50's. Good Lord, this is killing me, can't wait for spring to arrive.
I hear you. I picked up a 2017, one of the last 2017's built. Got it in September of 2017. I live in MN. I have had my Mustang GT PP for 1.5 years and have 3500 miles on it. Of course, I don't drive it in the winters or (if it's raining outside.) I keep it and my 68 GT350 in a heated garage. So all winter the best I can do is visit my garage and wish for warm weather. Which in MN comes about May.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Polygamists can't have Mustangs, How the hell they gonna fit extra women in it? lol
They share the same passenger seat. :)

Sponsored

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you. I picked up a 2017, one of the last 2017's built. Got it in September of 2017. I live in MN. I have had my Mustang GT PP for 1.5 years and have 3500 miles on it. Of course, I don't drive it in the winters or (if it's raining outside.) I keep it and my 68 GT350 in a heated garage. So all winter the best I can do is visit my garage and wish for warm weather. Which in MN comes about May.
Speaking of wives. My wife was not real happy about my purchase. I would be a B- on that list. And then when I told her it was a summer car only, she asked me why anyone would buy a car that you can't drive all year round. I told her it was those damn summer tires that came with it. This is the woman that calls my 68 GT350 "loud & obnoxious" (which it is) and environmentally unfriendly.

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. My wife wasn't happy about the purchase, but she now admits it was a good idea. We needed another vehicle because my '05 is nasty radical with drag radials. The pickup is a Ram 2500 diesel so we needed something we can just jump in and go no matter the weather without being a truck with all that comes with that. She likes her big, loud exhaust on the truck.
You shouldn't have to ask for permission or forgiveness. If you got the money or it's the new daily you should just tell her your intensions and then go get it. Women today are very controlling and I doubt they get permission for spending money on vehicles or major purchases.

Baltimoron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
20181019_180231.jpg
Nice looking car! I just got mine at the end of December. I walked into Bob Bell in Glen Burnie on 1/31 when it was 12 degrees outside knowing they'd be chomping at the bit to make a sale. It has about 250 miles on the odometer right now, and all this crappy weather is killing me. I keep reminding myself that the deal I got came with the trade-off of parking it in the garage until better weather. Fortunately all this rain should clean off that road salt nicely in the event we get some decent temps this week.

With regards to the original topic, my wife rolled her eyes like I'd never seen before when I told her I was likely buying a Mustang. I'd actually been window shopping for a Corvette for about 2 years, but just couldn't spring for the cost for such an impractical car. The Corvettes also don't have a lot of the creature comforts available now that make highway driving in traffic more pleasant. Anyways, she is a bit of a princess if I'm being honest, and had some preconceived notions about Mustangs based on a guy she dated as a teen who drove one, and seemingly fit all the stereotypes. Once I showed up at the house with it, and she realized it actually had virtually all of the fancy options her beloved Infiniti Q50 has, she started to warm up to it. One of the options that was non-negotiable for me was the active exhaust, as I felt it would likely keep her judgement down a bit if I could put it in quiet (wifey mode) when she's riding with me. it was $900 well spent since it did that, but also makes the car sound fantastic in sport and track modes.

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
I have been very lucky in life as I have owned seven Mustangs and five of those while married to my wife. We actually met while racing in 1982 and she had no problem banging the gears in my race-prepared Mustang Cobra. Each time a new Mustang was purchased, it was a mutually agreed upon decision, so there has never been any animosity with our selections. We have never owned a car with an automatic, so driving a stick comes natural to her. We will mark our 36th wedding anniversary this year and are anxiously waiting on our 2019 Mustang GT PP2 to be delivered.
Sponsored