7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Wife was with me when we picked the Bullitt up from the dealer. She loves it as much as I do. We used to take turns racing my old Cobra at the drag strip, so she knows how to run A to B.

She's always taking it to run "errands" I think she is secretly hunting for Chargers to race. I feel like im talking to my son, "If I catch you racing that car..."
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
She's always taking it to run "errands" I think she is secretly hunting for Chargers to race. I feel like im talking to my son, "If I catch you racing that car..."
Ask your son if she's ever embarrassed any of his friends coming off a stop light. Word spreads rapidly when that happens, and memories are like, forever.

Never mind why that thought occurred to me :giggle: :lipssealed:

Norm.

Desertmedic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
When I first told my wife I wanted a new car she was less than enthused. When I told her I wanted a Mustang she got a big ole smile and was all on board. She had a 66 in high school. She absolutely loves my car! She has an 18 Camry that is pretty nice in its own right.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My wife claims that the Recaro's in the GT350 are the most comfortable seats she's ever sat in. Apparently they hold her spine in just the right position and that trumps all of the stiff suspension.

Sponsored

Big

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I suppose I should include husbands in this too, since some women do buy their own Mustangs. After racking my brains over trying to figure out what's the issue with the typewriter tick, I thought a thread with a little levity might help. I think the only reason my wife hasn't demanded to drive my car, is because she can't drive a manual.

So, what does your significant other think about your pony car, and has she given it a name of sorts?

Mine keeps calling it "The Ball Machine", cuz it's got... well, you get the idea.
Mine is "Orange Fury". Everyone loves the color except my wife. I got it on October 29th, and she said "Great, just in time for Halloween". Actually, it's growing on her. I told her how unique it is - and I haven't seen another Mustang in this color in my town yet. Plus, it's REALLY easy to find in a parking lot full of white, black, and silver cars.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well my ex-wife of 20+ years wasn't much of a car person. My current GF rode in my Mustang the day I got it. We took a road trip to FL in it and she couldn't get over how comfortable it was to ride in. She's a convertible person (A Lexus Hardtop convertible at the time) so I would show her a pic of a Mustang ragtop for sale and she'd comment. One day we go to a nearby dealership that had a EB Premium Convertible. On the test drive - "So how does it handle a drop two and f you?" 30 seconds later she was sold. So there are two Magnetic '17 Mustangs in the garage now. She only got the gray because the other 3 EB Premiums at a high volume dealer weren't in as nice of shape and had more miles.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It took my wife over a year to finally warm up to my mustang. It was always that "car" that took up much of my time and $$$.

Sunday was my wife's birthday so I asked her on Saturday what she wanted to do. She told me that she wanted to go for a ride in Ruby with me out in the country and just unwind.

I love my wife!!!!

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
I suppose I should include husbands in this too, since some women do buy their own Mustangs. After racking my brains over trying to figure out what's the issue with the typewriter tick, I thought a thread with a little levity might help. I think the only reason my wife hasn't demanded to drive my car, is because she can't drive a manual.
Just thought I would weigh in here that I'm female and purchased my own 2015 GT last year. Women are more than capable of purchasing their own Mustang if they so choose. I use it for autocross and lapping days at various race tracks and it is fantastic :)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just thought I would weigh in here that I'm female and purchased my own 2015 GT last year. Women are more than capable of purchasing their own Mustang if they so choose. I use it for autocross and lapping days at various race tracks and it is fantastic :)
Good point.

The title of this thread should be changed to "spouses & 'Stangs" or "SOs & 'Stangs" otherwise we could be swamped with 3364 threads covering every combinations of the 58 genders recognized by Facebook. Also, just to be safe, polygamists should be forbidden to post.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Polygamists can't have Mustangs, How the hell they gonna fit extra women in it? lol

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
Good point.

The title of this thread should be changed to "spouses & 'Stangs" or "SOs & 'Stangs" otherwise we could be swamped with 3364 threads covering every combinations of the 58 genders recognized by Facebook. Also, just to be safe, polygamists should be forbidden to post.
Ha! My boyfriend has very little interest in cars but he is more than happy to come for a ride in the Stang haha.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I just finally got blind lucky, found and married one that never learned or believed in playing that game........at least not for over 23 years now...and she's very low maintenance. If I could only fix her lack of interest in racing. Just proves no one is perfect.
Oh brother, that's me in a nutshell. Mine's a car gal, and rides along with all my car craziness. My stable has an '06 Mustang GT coupe, a '67 Camaro RS, and a '19 Corvette GS to go with her '19 GT. Never complains, and loves riding in all of them. What a woman. If only every car guy could be so lucky.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
My girlfriend doesn’t quite understand the whole car thing yet but she’s catching on. I've taken her to Cars and Coffee several times and she's amazed at the whole car scene. As for the Mustang? I just have to warn her before I rip on it so she can brace herself.

I only have the h-pipe on there with stock mufflers so it is loud but not obnoxious...but to her it is loud. So she's in for a nice surprise once I get the Borla's on there lol
Ghost. it's up to you to bring her along to turn her into an exceptional car girl. My wife of 41 years was the same when we started dating. She didn't quite understand the car thing, but was willing to play along with my craziness. After some coaching, and time with the cars she has grown into a car nut in her own way. You have a good one, bring her along, treat her right, and you'll have your own car gal by your side. Heck mine even calls my attention to a nice car that I have missed when we are out, and about . What a woman.
Sponsored