Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
mine usually goes with some variant of "that f--king car" when describing mine

she wanted us to get another luxury SUV as the 2nd car (my commute car) and I didn't see the point since it spends 90% of it's life parked up outside my office
Sponsored

Severn Wes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed manual, 2017 VW GTI 6 speed manual
I hear you. I picked up a 2017, one of the last 2017's built. Got it in September of 2017. I live in MN. I have had my Mustang GT PP for 1.5 years and have 3500 miles on it. Of course, I don't drive it in the winters or (if it's raining outside.) I keep it and my 68 GT350 in a heated garage. So all winter the best I can do is visit my garage and wish for warm weather. Which in MN comes about May.
Our cars are almost twins (in appearance that is)!

Severn Wes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed manual, 2017 VW GTI 6 speed manual
Nice looking car! I just got mine at the end of December. I walked into Bob Bell in Glen Burnie on 1/31 when it was 12 degrees outside knowing they'd be chomping at the bit to make a sale. It has about 250 miles on the odometer right now, and all this crappy weather is killing me. I keep reminding myself that the deal I got came with the trade-off of parking it in the garage until better weather. Fortunately all this rain should clean off that road salt nicely in the event we get some decent temps this week.

With regards to the original topic, my wife rolled her eyes like I'd never seen before when I told her I was likely buying a Mustang. I'd actually been window shopping for a Corvette for about 2 years, but just couldn't spring for the cost for such an impractical car. The Corvettes also don't have a lot of the creature comforts available now that make highway driving in traffic more pleasant. Anyways, she is a bit of a princess if I'm being honest, and had some preconceived notions about Mustangs based on a guy she dated as a teen who drove one, and seemingly fit all the stereotypes. Once I showed up at the house with it, and she realized it actually had virtually all of the fancy options her beloved Infiniti Q50 has, she started to warm up to it. One of the options that was non-negotiable for me was the active exhaust, as I felt it would likely keep her judgement down a bit if I could put it in quiet (wifey mode) when she's riding with me. it was $900 well spent since it did that, but also makes the car sound fantastic in sport and track modes.
Is your GT a daily driver? Mine is not so I have the sad luxury of just looking at it in the garage during the winter months. I'm sure you are aware of the precautions of driving summer tires in colder temps. Bought mine at Bob Bell as well, how was your experience there?

DeepImpact5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My wife got tired of me talking about buying one and just told me to go get one. She tries to act like she doesn't care too much for it, but she lays the passenger seat all the way back and enjoys the ride either way. ;)

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It's the manual seat not a manual trans that keeps mine out of the driver's seat 99% of the time and that's fine with me. I have my reasons. She's a foot shorter and that's a lot of seat cranking for her.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, these cars work fine in the cold and snow, drive it! pressure wash the undercarriage, throw some cheap winter wheel/tires on it and enjoy this thing year round except the days it snows a shit ton. Salt will take many years to cause much corrosion.
IMG_7997.jpg

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Which Winter tires do you run? These pirellies are a joke!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I run 235/50R18 Continental Extreme Contact SI, but they may of stopped making this model. I've heard the Blizzacks and Nokian are also good. Also I put 20mm spacer in front and 25mm in rear so they don't look so bad when I go from my summer setup. Overall I'm happy for the 4 months they're on. Higher speeds on freeway feels a little squashy because of soft tread is my biggest complaint.
And to stay on topic of wives and stangs, buying winter tires was an easy sell as it's for safety purposes :) Getting the summer setup was tougher not as easy!...lol

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I wasn't even going to get my Mustang. Just wanted to look at them when the first 2015's dropped at the dealership. I had built my "perfect" Mustang on the configurator, but I was planning to wait until the end of the model year and pick up one on discount. I dragged my wife down to the local dealer one night just to take a peek at it, and they had basically "my" Mustang on the showroom floor, exactly like I had configured, except for one little detail... the factory had put leather Recaros in a base GT, when it was supposed to have cloth. My wife saw the car, loved it, told me if I wanted one I should just buy that one, since there was never going to be another base GT with leather Recaros and the leather made it "look pretty" as she put it. So we took it home a few hours later... was the first S550 GT I had ever even seen. That weekend was the only time I got up at 6am to go to Cars and Coffee... just cause I wanted the bragging rights of the first S550 in the area. Some other guy also showed up that day, but he worked at the dealership and it wasn't a GT, just there for advertising. My car got all the attention!

Now the Jeep was another story... I ordered it without telling her. It was going to be her car, and I wanted a Wrangler. In 2016 they came out with the Backcountry Edition in purple, and I knew she loved purple, and she kinda like Jeeps just didnt like the price! When it arrived at the dealer I told her about it, and she was mad. But I took her to see it, told her if she didn't like it, no problem, the deposit was fully refundable. She saw it and loved it. We took it home that night too. She still loves her Jeep, says we aren't ever selling it.

Sometimes I start to think about getting a different car than the Mustang, but she always tells me its the best looking car I have ever picked out and I should just keep it. She doesn't like the Porsche 911 or the older Acura NSX, and those are the only cars I would consider instead of my Mustang.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
My wife told me to stop going back and forth and buy the damn car already.... So I did..

She wasn't so into the idea of putting a supercharger in it 4 months later but she WAS the first person to ask to go for a ride :) The look on her face at WOT was highly worth it!

She's pretty indifferent to the Mustang as its my DD and I needed a new car anyway.. My boys on the other hand (4 and 8) will choose riding in the Mustang over her loaded Sorento any day of the week!

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Hey guys, these cars work fine in the cold and snow, drive it! pressure wash the undercarriage, throw some cheap winter wheel/tires on it and enjoy this thing year round except the days it snows a shit ton. Salt will take many years to cause much corrosion.
IMG_7997.jpg
I completely agree! In the end they are still a vehicle meant to be driven, and can handle the elements if properly equipped. Just putting in effort here and there will go a long way to prevent the inevitable rust from coming. Need to enjoy the vehicle! :rockon:

My wife told me to stop going back and forth and buy the damn car already.... So I did..

She wasn't so into the idea of putting a supercharger in it 4 months later but she WAS the first person to ask to go for a ride :) The look on her face at WOT was highly worth it!

She's pretty indifferent to the Mustang as its my DD and I needed a new car anyway.. My boys on the other hand (4 and 8) will choose riding in the Mustang over her loaded Sorento any day of the week!
My wife has been on me for probably the past year about when I was going to commit to getting it. Finally she convinced me to pull the trigger for Christmas essentially. I'm now waiting for exactly what I wanted. :) (except the darn stripe they make NFG's get.)

I'm sure your sons will love growing up with the dad that has a mean car. :like:

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT performance pack
My girlfriend has a love hate relationship with the car.
She hates how low it is and how she cannot see the road ahead (she is not that tall).
Plus getting in and out of the seat is a bit of a struggle for most people.

But she loves the car for me.
I thought about getting a truck or an SUV briefly but she wouldn't have me drive any other car.

I guess she understand how much the car means to me.

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
We have had good luck with the Blizzaks on all our Mustangs. As long as the snow doesn't get much deeper than about five inches, the Mustangs are great fun in the snow.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
My wife has just told me that she thinks I am dangerously close to becoming obsessed with my Bullitt.
Should I be worried, should i go and get counselling?
Thks for your help
Sponsored