Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I suppose I should include husbands in this too, since some women do buy their own Mustangs. After racking my brains over trying to figure out what's the issue with the typewriter tick, I thought a thread with a little levity might help. I think the only reason my wife hasn't demanded to drive my car, is because she can't drive a manual.

So, what does your significant other think about your pony car, and has she given it a name of sorts?

Mine keeps calling it "The Ball Machine", cuz it's got... well, you get the idea.
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I bought mine as a surprise for my wife. She loves it, drives it only if there isn't a chance if rain, lets me mod it how i want and she lets me borrow it on the weekend. So its a win win

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
My wife and daughters can't drive manual cars. They don't want to anyway. Which is good. I grew up driving muscle cars. I aint turning them loose with a Mustang that is this fast and powerful. My cousin tried that crap back in 1970 with a 383 Challenger SE/RT. Beautiful car. His wife made it 1/2 mile and put it over a hillside. Their health was intact. Car was DOA.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I wasn’t home when my GT 350 was unloaded, the transporter couldn’t get all the way into our development so it was decided to off load a block or so away in a more spacious location, lots of curious neighbors watching.
Wife’s left foot was in a full boot from a fracture, she took the boot off and fired her up and brought her home. Over the next several weeks she would deboot and take her for a spin, hooked, out of boot and oh my, she loves it.
My daughters tried but felt it had to much power and didn’t pursue it, but they love to go for a ride.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My wife thinks it's a very pretty car. I've tried to teach her stick but she just can't get it, which is a good thing I think. Every time I spend more money on mods I get lots of shit for it. She doesn't understand that at all.
Now she loves the fact that it's getting close to being paid off.
She says that we will get an auto Mustang one day so she can drive it, and I say "sure we will"...lol

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
My wife loves that I have such manly vehicles Mustang, Silverado and Harley. Its part of the attraction.

She can drive a stick and a Motorcycle but she has never driven my Mustang. She always says someday but never gets around to it. It’s not as important to her as it is for me.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
My wife never cared to learn manuals. Way back when, I had a 69 340 Dart up on jackstands finishing up a headers job. Three girl friends showed up at the house. We all knew each other and all were just friends but the one that crawled under the car to help, we been married 33 years. Just last winter me and wife put an engine in a 2002 Mustang. She drove my forklift.

GTAG07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT/CS
First sports car for me and part of the deal was that we would share it. Having a sports car was on her bucket list so it wasn’t a hard sell, especially with the sexy looks of the S550. She drives it often and eats up all the double takes she gets in it. Currently the engine is stock and she’s never felt out of control in it. She’s been pretty supportive of my mod-fever but I haven’t spent any big bucks yet so we’ll see.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
My wife has never driven mine, and shows no interest in doing so. She's also never drove the Challenger SRT8 I used to own. She's just not a car person, I guess.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
My wife never cared to learn manuals.
Tried to teach my wife way back when before we were married. Started off using my S10 Blazer with its asthmatic 2.0L 83HP four-cylinder. Lurch, stall, restart. Lurch, stall, restart. Repeat. The next weekend, I brought my Corvette instead. She went to do it the only way she had ever managed to get the S10 moving - quickly slide right foot off brake, nail the gas pedal, and dump the clutch. Screaming burnout across the (empty) store parking lot. It was over 35 years ago and she hasn't sat behind the wheel of anything with 3 pedals since.

She really liked the GT we (ok, I) drove. Didn't like the ride we did in a GT350, and she absolutely despised the Miata the instant we came alongside an 18-wheeler on that test drive..

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Here's a video of my wife racing a 700+hp S197 Mustang in our S550. I've given here the nick name. The fastest woman at Atco. She went 10.4@136 0n this run.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Here's a video of my wife racing a 700+hp S197 Mustang in our S550. I've given here the nick name. The fastest woman at Atco. She went 10.4@136 0n this run.
That is awesome. Need to get my wife out sometime to the strip. Atco? Must be nice to have that mineshaft air to run in. My track runs 2-3 tenths slower @ 1500 elevation than you northern sea level cats. Cheers!

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm 52 and have been with my wife since I was 17 years old. Back then I had a '67 Camaro and used to rip up the streets with her sitting right next to me. Now when we are in my '05 which she calls ''the beast'' sometimes I'll rip to about 120 mph in that car in about 10 seconds and she just sits there like nothing happened. Doesn't phase her a bit. She can't and won't drive a manual, likes her diesel pickup truck and always points out nice trucks on the road.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm 52 and have been with my wife since I was 17 years old. Back then I had a '67 Camaro and used to rip up the streets with her sitting right next to me. Now when we are in my '05 which she calls ''the beast'' sometimes I'll rip to about 120 mph in that car in about 10 seconds and she just sits there like nothing happened. Doesn't phase her a bit. She can't and won't drive a manual, likes her diesel pickup truck and always points out nice trucks on the road.

Well, there might be some nutcase out there who built a diesel Mustang for drag racing. That might interest her. Ya never know. LOL
Sponsored