Sponsored

Why the Mach1 is a rip off

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
no one said that in actual earnestness. Point was the Mach is a tweaked Bullitt. Bullitt was 53.5k with everything (not counting spare tire or silly cover). The alternate trans and coolers are worth maybe 2 grand. So worst case 55.5k and throw in another $500 for stickers. If the 700A with everything (except A10 and HP) was billed for 56k there'd be some (small) forgiveness.

No, I'm buying the actual Mach parts from parts.fard.com or Whitebear and other such outfits.
I am also waiting for the axle back with the really nice tips to be available ... if Ford does not want a premium for then .
They are welded on are actually nicer than the ones on the GT350 which have “slip on”
tips

7AFDEBDA-13D5-4434-AC4D-55BBA63B46A3.jpeg

3D4F8582-B8D5-4FD7-9640-631457C198B9.jpeg
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am also waiting for the axle back with the really nice tips to be available ... if Ford does not want a premium for then .
there'll be plenty being ripped off brand new Mach's and replaced with aftermarket so you can probably have a pick of the litter.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I hadn't planned on commenting on this thread further, but Ford pays attention to these forums so with that in mind here are the only things missing that would have made me a Mach 1 buyer (in order of importance):

1. The 5.2 CPC some of us (including me) have raved about. I understand why it wasn't done. I really do. But this was the one major disappointment for me when the model broke cover.
2. Exterior color choices. They're terrible. The choices aren't great across the whole lineup really, but honestly stink on the Mach.
3. Stripe choices. Let the masses pick whether they want white or red accents. The appearance package is fine as is.
4. A small, tasteful Mach 1 badge on the steering wheel. The Mach is a numbered special edition car. The Shelbys and Bullitts are numbered special edition cars too, but get that extra little detail. It's a small thing, but gives just that little extra. You know, like someone really thought it through.
5. Interior color options. Enough said. How cool would it be to have white or red seats instead of a sea of black?

That's all it would have taken for me to bite. Otherwise the package is fantastic. I have quoted one, and it would be a $30K delta to make the move from what I have. As it is it's just not different enough for me to make the move. I'd rather send my '15 to Fathouse for a 750R twin turbo setup for that money.

Now, if I didn't already own a 5.0 S550, I'd be all over this thing like a fat kid on cake....

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I posted in the other thread. I feel like 60k is too much for something like this that still has the same Gen3 5.0 the other ones do. It would need a specialized engine for it to be really unique like a GT350 is. I chose to grab a single turbo kit for my 17 instead.

I do like the looks of the FJG Mach 1 with the handling pack, but not $60,000 like it.

Sponsored

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Overall the car looks good, I'm sure it will perform well. Minor two complaints and they really are dumb; one, the shark fin antenna, two, any reason why they can't color match the wheel center caps to the wheels, geesh.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I posted in the other thread. I feel like 60k is too much for something like this that still has the same Gen3 5.0 the other ones do. It would need a specialized engine for it to be really unique like a GT350 is. I chose to grab a single turbo kit for my 17 instead.

I do like the looks of the FJG Mach 1 with the handling pack, but not $60,000 like it.
Yeah the $60k is really a hard pill to swallow considering the base price for a GT350 is $59,140. I never liked the short, small spoilers on the Mustang, I think the look of the FJG Mach 1 w/HP looks really good. I love the look of the GT500 swing wing, but for $60,000 personally I'd spend the few extra $2,000- $4,000 and go with the GT350. The engine alone is worth the extra premium imo.

I guess if you go for the lower trims its not a big deal since the difference is bigger, but the top model is what I would want because I think it looks the best with the decals, color scheme, and the wing.

I'm not into modding cars, I like to keep them stock so I wouldn't spend the extra money to get it to look good. My rule with buying cars is that If I have to spend extra to modify the car to the way I like it then it wasn't meant to be. Cars are not going away anytime soon, and time favors the car buyer.

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

5. Interior color options. Enough said. How cool would it be to have white or red seats instead of a sea of black?

Now, if I didn't already own a 5.0 S550, I'd be all over this thing like a fat kid on cake....
oh yeah, this. big deal for me as I currently have a red/red mach 1, and wanted a 2021 to match.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think also have to think that Ford need to comply with a lot more (global) regulations so some of things you guys want just aren’t (financially) feasible in this day and age. If they went all out it would be a 200k car down here and there’s no way it would be compatible to an M3/4 or 911 down here

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
2. Exterior color choices. They're terrible. The choices aren't great across the whole lineup really, but honestly stink on the Mach.
Why do you think the color choices are so bad? They have the majority of those "pop" colors, minus a nice green or purple (either of which I'd be all about).

And were there people actually realistically expecting/hoping for the 5.2 to make it into the Mach 1? I don't think that was ever even on the table... but I did think a bit more power or a cheaper price were.

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I have to admit, I really like the Mach 1 styling. Colors choices are weak and if I could put the Tremec Manual in a GT PP, I'd go that route but that trans is a big selling point. All this would be relevant if I didn't own a GT350.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
f I could put the Tremec Manual in a GT PP, I'd go that route
wait 6 months. It'll be on the Ford Parts website. It'll bolt right in. If you wanted to cheap out you could just loop-back the cooling pump so it just circulates instead of running it up to a cooler. Or you could ghetto-mod by piping it to a front-mounted Mishimoto oil cooler.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It’s available -from the GT350 .
Used ones come up for sale from time to time.
They typical go for $2K.

57343325-8BAE-4763-BD9B-89817F67DD83.png

67C8E4F1-53C2-4972-8C10-B037F2ABE76C.png

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I did think a bit more power or a cheaper price were.
Do you think it lacks power to do tremendous times on track?
Do you think +3k is too much compared to fully loaded GT Premium minus all the Mach 1 improved parts? Maybe if it was sold cheaper than GT, it'd be more acceptable? :crackup:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It is NOT a GT with options added.

Things you cannot get on a GT from the factory but do on every trim level of Mach 1:

GT350 Intake manifold
GT350 engine oil cooler
GT350 longer front underbelly pan
GT350 rear diffuser
GT350 rear wing (these combined offer more stability and creates 22% more downforce)
GT350 Tremec 6spd manual transmission (If you opt for the auto, you get additional trans cooling beyond what the GT gets)
Track-calibrated MagneRide adaptive dampers
Stiffer front springs
Stiffer anti-roll bars
wider front and rear wheels
A unique power steering calibration
A brake booster.
Overall cooling capacity is increased from vents in the front fascia that GT does not have
So basically, it's a Shelby without the engine. For the same price as a Shelby.

Sound logic.
Sponsored