Sponsored

Why did you buy a Mach1? What do you use it for?

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
I’d like to get a scope of why owners bought the Mach1, and what options did you get? What’s your use with the car?
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
700A, FJG, HP, tremec, elite, nav,

I had been without a mustang for almost 10 years and the desire to get back into one was really strong. Almost ordered a gt350 but couldn’t fall in love quite enough to do it. The Mach 1 at first sight made me tingly and I had to have it.
as far as the options I didn’t need most of them. The HP is pointless for my actual use but I think it looks sweet. Not sure why I ordered nav. I thought the upgraded audio system sounded better than the base so I got that. But I never listen to it lol. I would have been happy with some of the other colors and options that were available but I felt like getting it all the way I did.
my use for the car is a weekend get out and reduce stress toy. Pretend I’m at laguna seca and race around town. Also I bought it with the intention of handing the keys to my son that will be born in a couple months. I can’t think of anything cooler to have waiting in the garage for him except maybe a 69 Mach 1 🙂

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
700A, race red, HP car, M6.

this will not quite be my daily driver, but mainly due to weather concerns. if it is guaranteed clear/sunny and I do not need to use my bronco for hauling something, I'll take it. Also weekend drives. Basically, the same use case as I use my motorcycle for...so...I'll have to figure that one out.

Why the Mach 1? I think it is almost perfect (could've used a destroked 7.3 pushrod imo, but I knew that would never happen). The looks are right. And I have a 1971 red Mach 1 (in need of a rebuild atm, otherwise I would post a picture).

I intend to swap out the interior to the red leather interior, or to katzkin red/black. I may track the car, may not. dunno.

I also intend on the '71 rebuild to paint it race red instead of the original bright red. I have not decided on which motor I want for it right now. I am currently experimenting with a Holley Sniper EFI engine in my bronco, that is on a 351W...just put heads on tonight. That is my daily driver. I have a high revving 460 stroker in another bronco that I think a slightly higher quality build like that would be great in the car, 513ci, highish compression, or maybe the 7.3 Godzilla motor for easier power. will convert it to a stick.

So, basically, that is it. the 21 is there to pair up with the 71, matching cars as near as can be made, It'll be driven regularly, not a garage or trailer queen, but not quite the daily driver either. An addition to the stable. 2 broncos, 2 mustangs, and hoping to add 2 more broncos within the next 5-6 years, then another mustang in about 7-9 years to rebuild with my son.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
700A, Velocity Blue, A10, elite

my father is an the original owner of a 71 Mach 1, so I have grown up with mustangs. Always dreamed of one of my own but either didn’t have the means or didn’t have the right one. Reintroducing the Mach felt like a sign, combined with career stability, and the changing life focus after 2020. I didn’t want HP mostly because I live in upstate NY and want to just drive it as much as possible (except for winter). Base wheels remind me of Magnum 500’s and elite gets those seats that look like a 69, and a slightly better sound system. I love the exhaust but also love listening to music too so figured “what the hell”.
2 months in I’m BEYOND thrilled. I use it
Most mornings to drive my son to daycare and have gone a few weeks at a time not driving my daily. That will change in a month or so but then it’s a short wait until next spring.

33A346CD-0B72-46A7-BA9E-811FEBB263AE.jpeg

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
700A Velocity Blue, 10 Spd Auto, Nav

Original plan was to get a 23 when they came out (or 22 if I don't like the new design). My 13 Gt is at 150k miles and is starting to require more maintenance. So right now the M1 is a backup to my daily driver and will eventually replace it. At that point the 13 will get a new engine and supercharger. The M1 was definitely more car that I planned on getting for a daily, but it was the right deal at the right time.

The fact that it was a Pilot car was unknown at the time, but is kind of cool. Now I'm so curious about them and managed to find 6 other ones for sale so far (none 700A's). Wish I knew the background on mine, but I definitely haven't see mine on Youtube or any magazine.

Sponsored

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
I'm in the twilight years of my flying career with three years remaining. It's a two hour drive from home here in Port Townsend to Sea-Tac International Airport, and to me the worst part of any trip is the long drive to work, so I at least wanted it to be a fun one. I fly roughly 4 trips/month, 200 mi round trip, so I'll putting around 800-1000 miles/month...all seasons, all weather. So my reason is pure driving enjoyment.

It's a pretty diverse drive...once out of town, it's a two lane country road for around 30 minutes...it then opens up to WA-104, a busier two lane highway which crosses the Hood Canal and takes me off the Olympic Peninsula. 45 minutes in and I'm on a limited access 4 lane highway going by the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Once I near Tacoma, I finish the remaining drive on I-5 to the airport.

My first introduction to a Mustang was my Father's 1964 1/2 when I was four....he lucked out via the dealer lottery to buy one. My grandfather followed by buying a Mustang every three years until he passed...first a 67', then a 70', and finally a 73'. I was 16 when he passed, so my Mother and I shared the 73' until I graduated high school in 78'.

I have always loved to drive/fly machinery...on the ground, since the S550 Mustang came about, that's what I've wanted. With three grown kids having finished college, married (complete w/multiple grandkids:-), we now have a bit of financial freedom to indulge a bit.

Post-retirement, I will sell the car as I will no longer need it. We walk everywhere we need to go in town, so we rarely drive anywhere. If we do go out of town, we have a paid for Prius, and for longer trips we take the Winnebago ERA RV (on a Mercedes Sprinter Chassis, Diesel) We are thinking of getting an all electric Mini-Cooper (new for 2022) for our around the town driving.

For the options, see below in the signature block. Early on, I was considering having Granger put in the Whipple Gen 5 Stage 1 and a Corsa H-Pipe, but I've decided to keep it more stock for the next owner.

Sorry for the long winded story, it's been a slow rainy day here in the Pacific NW:-)

Cheers

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
Isn't it always?
It is and I truly love it...from June to the end of September it rained once, I missed the clouds! We're in the rain shadow here in Port Townsend, which means less than half the yearly rainfall of Seattle.

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
600A, Shadow Black, Tremec6spd, Handling Pack, Recaro seats and Rear Seat delete.

I wanted the most tracked focused 5.0 Mustang that Ford offered. I owned an 18 GT PP1 10spd that I traded in for the Mach 1. It was a perfect car but I wanted way more aggressive driving dynamics and the coolers for longevity on the track or mountian road session. I always loved the Mach 1 name and wanted an 03/04 Mach 1 as a kid and now that I'm an "adult" I was finally able to afford my generations Mustang Mach 1.

FB_IMG_1634529157437.jpg

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I am not sure my post qualifies for this thread since I still have not got mine, and chances are, if I don't this time, I never will, but my story is a bit different from the others that I will share it anyway :).

When I was young (i.e. post graduation) I did not have a car, never needed one. For particular occasions (like once in 5 years), I borrowed one from my father, but this was no car you would write home about either as it was usually a cheapest one (but of solid quality), you could get.

It does not mean I was not interested in cars (I was watching Formula 1 - when it made sense), was building F1 cars out of paper when being a school kid, but it never occurred to me, to own a sports car (or a fun car), since they were basically unreachable (before 1989 due to the iron curtain, later I simply had no money to spare on an expensive car :)).

The time went on, and I never gave up the interest, but never had an opportunity to execute it. 15 years ago I was working in a corporate world, and got a corporate car, which kind of reminded me of the advantages of having the car (especially when I was driving around French Riviera or crossing Swiss Alps during one of my holiday trips), but at the same time I lived abroad, in totally anti-fun-car country, and getting a fun car made no sense.

Traditionally (I guess just because of the close proximity and having seen them most often) I was a BMW fan, never really was into Mercedes (even though these are probably better ones of the two nowadays), but as time passed and BMW kind of lost itself I was looking at some other options, like hot-hatches, and even muscle cars. One day I was passing through Munich airport (I was frequently flying to at that time) and noticed some car at a public expo I never saw before, which immediately grabbed my attention. I was like "what maker is it, why I never heard of it, and most importantly - she is damn well beautiful!". It turned out it was Ford launching 2015 Mustang, first time in Europe (and probably first time it made sense to launch an American muscle here).

Since this moment, which I could not forget, Mustang was always somewhere in my subconsciousness, every time I was looking for my "future fun car" and browsing through MB, BMW, or the likes.

The thing started to get more attention when I finally quit the corporate world, returned home and took a break (which unexpectedly lasted for two and half year), during which I had some time to think it through :). I was almost settled on Mustang, but then MT82-D stroke back and I realized I probably would never buy one (either used or new) because of that. The other thing holding me off was that I still did not have a clear purpose (something to justify owning a fun car and justify the fun rides - even though it may sound silly written like that - and probably is :)).

Then the Green Deal came, Ford launched Mach 1 with Tremec, I finally got all set up for the other hobby of mine which was long time due (range shooting), and which was the final push which tripped the things in motion. All the planets aligned in a clear moment "now or never" and I went with the "now" part. I was lucky enough to grab probably the last Mach 1 available with Tremec in the country (out of very few) and since then was (im)patiently waiting for its delivery. Even though it looks like Ford is set on turning my "now" moment into "never" again.

Ordered car: "Euro Mach 1" (which is basically 700A, with Elite and Nav packages) + magnetic wheels, FJG "appearance package", and Tremec options. Ordered in January, original build date 4/12.

B4theLobotomy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma, 2019 4Runner, 2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Truth be told, I originally was shopping for the GT500, after months of dealing with dealers (this was before the chip shortage), I couldn't find any of them that would go lower than 10k ADM. I just don't believe in paying over MSRP on any vehicle. So I chose the next best. I looked at the Camaro ZL1, I just couldn't talk myself into owning another GM product from past history.

I also looked at the Supra, it was too small. My opinion the Mach 1 is the better value and more muscle. I looked at the Challenger, again not a Mopar person even though my Mom and Stepdad have a scat pack Challenger and it was a fun car to drive.

So I decided to order the Mach 1, of course a forever keeper :). That mustang exhaust just soothes the soul.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Truth be told, I originally was shopping for the GT500, after months of dealing with dealers (this was before the chip shortage), I couldn't find any of them that would go lower than 10k ADM. I just don't believe in paying over MSRP on any vehicle. So I chose the next best. I looked at the Camaro ZL1, I just couldn't talk myself into owning another GM product from past history.

I also looked at the Supra, it was too small. My opinion the Mach 1 is the better value and more muscle. I looked at the Challenger, again not a Mopar person even though my Mom and Stepdad have a scat pack Challenger and it was a fun car to drive.

So I decided to order the Mach 1, of course a forever keeper :). That mustang exhaust just soothes the soul.
Dude, are you me??? All of this. Wanted a 500, none remotely near base price so that was out. ZL1s are performance bargains, but after owning a SS the abysmal feeling of daily driving a Camaro was such a turn off. Wanted a Supra as well, but they’re fairly common here in ATL so that was a turn off.

Ended up “settling“ on a M1, does not feel like a compromise whatsoever. I wanted an inspiring daily, this fits the bill. The premium is comfortable, its fast enough and it’s still pretty unique. People on the internet say “everyone” has a FJG M1, I’ve yet to see another one in the wild so I’m content. I planned on using the car as a stopgap to the 500, may just SC it and keep it. Hopefully the aftermarket starts supporting the M1 (carbon for M1 specific parts, lights for the intakes, wheels in M1 fitment, etc) then I can see this being a forever car

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Third Mustang in a row. A guy at work has a GT 350 that has a look and sound of what I wanted to feel for myself as a daily driver.

Here in Western North Carolina we have a lot of curvy and change in elevation roads. Driving year round is something here to enjoy with the ever changing seasons. Understand that people travel hundreds of miles just to drive on our roads up here.

So when I decided to finally pull the trigger on a high performance Mustang the GT 350 was no longer a new option. I tested a used one, but it was pretty stiff relatively speaking to the previous Mustang’s I had 07 GT, 16 v6 Convertible. That sound though, woof.

Well I started watching videos of the MACH1. It reminded me of the 69 MACH1 I had a chance to buy in 86, it’s overall look and style. But what nailed it for me was the handling. Just about every video talked about the ride and handling being the best ever in a Mustang. Given that my ride to work and back could be used as a track in the Need For Speed game, it seemed like the perfect choice. The blend of Horse power, style, feel, ride, and handling just seemed to hit that groove for me.

So I decided to buy a 600a, with the HP, RECAROs, TREMEC, and Red Breaks, with the Oxford White, which is not as sexy as Red or Black, but looks more refined and has an upscale business look and feel.

I thought had about the choices, as I had initially felt like going all out with a 700a like say Atlas, but with not taking the FJG style, I felt there just was nothing of value, to me, to justify that additional purchase. The stock sound system is more than enough, there was no extra performance, and without heated/cooled seats, I prefer cloth to leather under that specific circumstance.

After putting almost 1000 miles on this car, I can say it has exceeded my expectations. Everything I wanted out of this car it just does with ease. The sound, my god it purrs. It looks, feels, and sounds exotic. Pure American Muscle with imho is an almost European refinement.

The looks it gets, the conversation it generates, is truly a delight.I did not expect it to be such a head turner, or as noticeable. I mean people go out of their way to comment about it, and even GT 350/500 owners nod, or rather give you a gas peddle pump, when you drive.

The two previous Mustangs had a dash squeak, you felt the road bumps, and dips, too much. And I truly missed the V8 Power, especially here in the mountains.

Anyways, I will continue to drive this car year round, except in snow, and I believe I will continue to love every moment doing so.
Sponsored