Sponsored

Why the Mach1 is a rip off

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So basically, it's a Shelby without the engine. For the same price as a Shelby.
without the big brakes
without the steering knuckle
without effective hood vents
without 50HP
without flat-bottomed steering wheel

For the same price. That's why the title of this thread.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I look forward to the first track comparison between a 2021 Mach1 and a GT350... it should be interesting.
Let's hope the Mach1 can carry the torch since the GT350 has been put out to pasture.

I NEVER get tired of the Ford Philharmonic Flat-Planed Crank Orchestra that wails out of the rear tips......!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Mach1............. were pullin' for ya; you have some BIG shoes to fill!!!!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
A Mach 1 similarly equipped to a Camaro ZL1 is only $3k cheaper:

I built a Mach 1 Premium with:
A10
Elite package (for the upgraded stereo to compete with the BOSE that comes standard on ZL1)
Leather Recaros
Handling package (since it's not avail. in the builder I had to add in $3,500 manually)
Total: $63,495

An A10 ZL1 is fully loaded with heated/cooled Recaros, forged wheels, lots of bells and whistles, 650 hp, etc., and costs $66,690 with the current $1k GM incentive.

I know many here aren't a Camaro fan, but the ZL1 is in another league from the Mach 1 in terms of power, handling and overall performance, even when the Mach 1 is equipped with the handling package. The fact that GM got as much performance out of a ZL1 (faster than a GT350R around a track and in a straight line) at the price it did, is an accomplishment.

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

I built a Mach 1 with:
A10
Elite package (for the upgraded stereo to compete with the BOSE that comes standard on ZL1)
Leather Recaros
Handling package (since it's not avail. in the builder I had to add in $3,500 manually)

An A10 ZL1 is fully loaded with heated/cooled Recaros, forged wheels, lots of bells and whistles, 650 hp, etc., and costs $66,690 with the current $1k GM incentive.

I know many here aren't a Camaro fan, but the ZL1 is in another league from the Mach 1 in terms of power, handling and overall performance, even when the Mach 1 is equipped with the handling package. The fact that GM got as much performance out of a ZL1 (faster than a GT350R around a track and in a straight line) at the price it did, is an accomplishment.
Yeah for $63,495, I will gladly buy a GT350 lol. I thought it was $60k fully maxed out thats actually worse than I thought

If I didn't care about street driving and was only going to track the car, I'd get a Camaro ZL1 no doubt. The smarter decision would be to get the Miata Cup Car but thats another story lol, but yeah the Camaro ZL1 is the best performing car for the money hands down.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yeah for $63,495, I will gladly buy a GT350 lol. I thought it was $60k fully maxed out thats actually worse than I thought

If I didn't care about street driving and was only going to track the car, I'd get a Camaro ZL1 no doubt. The smarter decision would be to get the Miata Cup Car but thats another story lol, but yeah the Camaro ZL1 is the best performing car for the money hands down.
For street driving the ZL1 ride is pretty comfortable with the magnetic dampers, as are the Recaros (much better than the GT500 Recaros for me). It's the ZLE that has the DSSVs and much stiffer springs and is even more track focused than the ZL1. The common con stated against the Camaro in general is visibility, but it is really a non-issue if the mirrors are adjusted properly. My personal opinion is the ZL1 is a pretty comfortable street monster.

Edited to add: That $63,495 price didn't even include Nav. ($595) or the appearance package ($1000), so it can go higher from there. But I can't remember if the appearance package is included in the handling package or not so I didn't include it in the pricing.

Last edited:

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It will blow up when abused just like any Mustang that's modded and abused by not doin all the supporting mods. Stangmode just got one. Wait for it.............BOOM!!!

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Okay, but in the end what you have is a modified GT Mustang. 20 years from now, if you hold onto the car, you'll still be holding onto a Mustang GT.
I don't want a 2003-2004 Mach 1. I won't want my current cars 20 years from now. I don't want the cars I owned 20 years ago. Hopefully Mach owners will buy, drive, enjoy and sell after 5-6 years to replace with a next-gen special Mustang. Why? After so many years little shit starts to nickel and dime you like crazy on older cars. No thanks.

As for current and future 2021 Mach 1 owners - make the car gods happy by thrashing the hell out of them.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

A10
Leather Recaros

But
I don't want a 2003-2004 Mach 1. I won't want my current cars 20 years from now. I don't want the cars I owned 20 years ago. Hopefully Mach owners will buy, drive, enjoy and sell after 5-6 years to replace with a next-gen special Mustang. Why? After so many years little shit starts to nickel and dime you like crazy on older cars. No thanks.

As for current and future 2021 Mach 1 owners - make the car gods happy by thrashing the hell out of them.
I am in the same camp, but there are a lot of people on this and other forums that do have interest in the future collectibility/value of special edition cars. Heck, I only had my GT350R for eighteens months before I moved on.

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

A10
Leather Recaros

The camaro is about as practical as the vette. Can’t see out of it, trunk is worthless, ugly, and it’s GM, bigger gas guzzler tax, unusable in winter...All reasons my Mach is a better choice for me for the same price.
GT350 is definitely better in every way for the money but not as streetable as the Mach, no auto trans but still has a practical trunk!
I don’t live at the track with my car, and a supercharger would probably get me arrested or killed.
Bottom line is for under $60k for a new sports the options are slim and the Mach is a great choice!

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The camaro is about as practical as the vette. Can’t see out of it, trunk is worthless, ugly, and it’s GM, bigger gas guzzler tax, unusable in winter...All reasons my Mach is a better choice for me for the same price.
GT350 is definitely better in every way for the money but not as streetable as the Mach, no auto trans but still has a practical trunk!
I don’t live at the track with my car, and a supercharger would probably get me arrested or killed.
Bottom line is for under $60k for a new sports the options are slim and the Mach is a great choice!
I originally wanted to upgrade from my 2018 A10 GT Premium (with PP1, MagneRide, Safe and smart) to a 2019 Corvette Z06, but I wanted back seats for my kids. I test drove a ZL1 and the rest is history: custom ordered...built...and as of Tuesday this week, loaded onto a train for transport. Contrary to most people's belief, the ZL1 has a comfortable ride due to the magnetic dampers (The ZLE is a stiffer ride). The ZL1's visibility isn't bad with properly adjusted mirrors. And the difference in cost ($3k) includes gas guzzler. If you drove a ZL1 you probably wouldn't care about the smaller trunk. I'm not sure how the Mach 1 is any more usable in the winter than the ZL1, either.

I used to say the same things: "visibility is bad, trunk is small, etc., etc.". Then I drove one and you realize that stuff is overblown and the ZL1 is just a monster (a comfortable one, at that).

I get personal choices, to each their own. But, only $3k more for a much better performance car (comparably equipped) means the Mach 1 needs to have other attributes to bring value - for some, the name and larger trunk (yippee!) are enough. But, most likely, those people haven't driven a ZL1!

Looks are subjective and I think the ZL1 looks awesome. This is hardly an "ugly" car by most common definitions:
1614315742580.png

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
No beer keg in the trunk ................. :rockon:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It is NOT a GT with options added.

Things you cannot get on a GT from the factory but do on every trim level of Mach 1:

GT350 Intake manifold
GT350 engine oil cooler
GT350 longer front underbelly pan
GT350 rear diffuser
GT350 rear wing (these combined offer more stability and creates 22% more downforce)
GT350 Tremec 6spd manual transmission (If you opt for the auto, you get additional trans cooling beyond what the GT gets)
Track-calibrated MagneRide adaptive dampers
Stiffer front springs
Stiffer anti-roll bars
wider front and rear wheels
A unique power steering calibration
A brake booster.
Overall cooling capacity is increased from vents in the front fascia that GT does not have
You forgot Manual Trans Oil Cooler and Differential Oil Cooler and pretty Mach1 stickers and badges everywhere but the steering wheel, and just the fact that Ford finally included an option for the A10 trans in a track focused Mustang.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The rationalization of every dollar sounds funny considering how much and fast cars lose value in general. It literally is wasted money and in that sense you are free to waste them however you like most. No-one can critizice your choice. Good luck persuading people to buy ZL1 in a Mustang forum :giggle:

Camaro looks nice, but I wouldn't want it, even if it was sold here in Europe, which it isn't. Mustang looks lot better to me both outside and inside.

Last edited:

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
no one said that in actual earnestness. Point was the Mach is a tweaked Bullitt. Bullitt was 53.5k with everything (not counting spare tire or silly cover). The alternate trans and coolers are worth maybe 2 grand. So worst case 55.5k and throw in another $500 for stickers. If the 700A with everything (except A10 and HP) was billed for 56k there'd be some (small) forgiveness.

No, I'm buying the actual Mach parts from parts.fard.com or Whitebear and other such outfits.
but tremac mated factory to a 5.0. 5 yr warranty
Sponsored