Sponsored

Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Which sounds like it comes back to the Tremec and whatever calibration differences would be required. Calibration differences that have to go through a pretty rigorous certification process (and only get to be spread out over a relatively small number of sales - for a car that is already expensive enough and then some).

Norm
How many macks are scheduled for build?
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
This stupid shit back and forth is still going on? šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Macks, eh?

1622897789218.png

Dunno, but probably none by Ford.

Norm
Exactly what I was gonna ask. :D

Speaking of though, now that you posted a pic, do these have adaptive cruise? In the truck in the bumper you can see what looks like a radar cruise.

I know it's super common on trucks back in Europe (and I think it migrated to commuter vehicle from commercial trucks), but I've also see lot of older trucks in the US with "radar-looking" slot at the front. Maybe it's a cover plate for recovery tow spot? On the Mack above looks like ACC tho

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Exactly what I was gonna ask. :D

Speaking of though, now that you posted a pic, do these have adaptive cruise? In the truck in the bumper you can see what looks like a radar cruise.
I don't know if the newer trucks do, but my son might (OTR in a W900 Kenworth).

Norm

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't know if the newer trucks do, but my son might (OTR in a W900 Kenworth).

Norm
I'm from Europe, and I pay attention to this stupid stuff, so I know for a fact that Volvos and MANs do. I would assume some of the US Volvos here do too, but not 100% sure.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
This stupid shit back and forth is still going on? šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
Stupid shit?
You revel in it I'd say. So no tremec equipped car has adaptive cruise? Please do confirm.
Maybe you haven't read the tread above . Or you just like spreading stupid shit. Goes back to widgets and maybe that is over ones head.
Jetnoise was bored and wanted to start trouble. Mission accomplished.
What's so troubling about cost justification? ...Snowflake ...the sig other might appease your attitude but profitability in corporate America doesn't
Macks, eh?

1622897789218.png

Dunno, but probably none by Ford.

Norm
OMG even Ford spells or mispronounces it wrong
It's over your head in historical acumen ....I get it
Your version of speech and ownership is different. Praise the hobby for having ivy leagers like you to keep us all in check....we all owe you a debt.

IMG_1474.JPG

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess the experts here would say not a Mack Won....but it's whats in my garage even w/o adaptive cruise....SHAMEFUL

rfmach.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So it's not you, it's the rest of the world, including the folks who gave the Mach 1 its name . . . #amIright?

Norm

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Stupid shit?
You revel in it I'd say. So no tremec equipped car has adaptive cruise? Please do confirm.
Maybe you haven't read the tread above . Or you just like spreading stupid shit. Goes back to widgets and maybe that is over ones head.

What's so troubling about cost justification? ...Snowflake ...the sig other might appease your attitude but profitability in corporate America doesn't

It's over your head in historical acumen ....I get it
Your version of speech and ownership is different. Praise the hobby for having ivy leagers like you to keep us all in check....we all owe you a debt.

IMG_1474.JPG
Clearly you got me mixed up with someone else. I didnā€™t say a fucking thing about Tremec cars not being fitted with Adaptive cruise. If ya gonna quote and blast then make sure you got the right person. My comment about the stupid shit was the same people going back and forth about why or why not this car should have adaptive cruise. They are repeating their same arguments repeatedly. Some people donā€™t want all the technology packed into the cars. I wanted it but it doesnā€™t have it. I had a choice between the Mach1 with no adaptive cruise or a performance pack GT Premium with it. I chose the Mach1 anyway. What NO ONE wants is pages of the same people clogging up a thread with their back snd forth bullshit.

The question was why no adaptive cruise. It wasnā€™t your opinion on why it should or shouldnā€™t.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Clearly you got me mixed up with someone else. I didnā€™t say a fucking thing about Tremec cars not being fitted with Adaptive cruise. If ya gonna quote and blast then make sure you got the right person. My comment about the stupid shit was the same people going back and forth about why or why not this car should have adaptive cruise. They are repeating their same arguments repeatedly. Some people donā€™t want all the technology packed into the cars. I wanted it but it doesnā€™t have it. I had a choice between the Mach1 with no adaptive cruise or a performance pack GT Premium with it. I chose the Mach1 anyway. What NO ONE wants is pages of the same people clogging up a thread with their back snd forth bullshit.

The question was why no adaptive cruise. It wasnā€™t your opinion on why it should or shouldnā€™t.
I wouldn't go that far. Yes, the question was why it's not there, maybe not the merits of it, but how else does a forum operate?
Do you really expect a question to be posted and everyone that isn't sure about correct answer to not post?

I mean, of course this site has some forum creep and side discussions that make it frustrating to stay on topic, but to expect a forum of two posts - a question and then one verified answer is a bit unrealistic.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wouldn't go that far. Yes, the question was why it's not there, maybe not the merits of it, but how else does a forum operate?
Do you really expect a question to be posted and everyone that isn't sure about correct answer to not post?

I mean, of course this site has some forum creep and side discussions that make it frustrating to stay on topic, but to expect a forum of two posts - a question and then one verified answer is a bit unrealistic.
Agreed. But has any Mach 1 owner gotten their butt under their car to see if the space is really the issue? :giggle:. And how about a dealer? Any M1 owner contact Ford? The answer is out there, somewhere.
Sponsored