Why the heck did you buy a V6 S550?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
The Pentastar 3.6 is also one hell of a V6.
I can't help but associate it with the death of the Wrangler. The 4.0 i6 was a tank, then they gave it the motor out of a Town & Country.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Us old guys are still learning that these are NOT the V6 from the Dodge Darts in high school driver ed class.
3 on the tree Ford Falcons in my case. Not that Ford's sixes of the era were any more powerful or eager to rev than the slant sixes, and a reputation for stodgy durability never counted for much with anybody who considered himself an enthusiast. They're what your cost-conscious and strictly-practical-minded Dad either drove himself or bought for your Mom to drive, this being a consequence of the sacrifices they endured while they were growing up in the 1930's and early 1940's.

Norm

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I can't help but associate it with the death of the Wrangler. The 4.0 i6 was a tank, then they gave it the motor out of a Town & Country.
That was their 3.8L boat anchor found in 2007-2011 Wranglers, the 3.6 Pentastar V6 replaced it in 2012 and is a much better engine.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
That was a steal! Props on such a good deal.
That is a good deal. I got my 2016 automatic with 4300 for 20k. Practically a brand new car. The previous owner just broke it in.

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I bought my 2015 Mustang V6 with 18k miles for $16000. It was a trade in at the dealership I work at, and for the mileage and condition I couldn’t bring myself to pass on this car. Have been very happy with it since.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
As a GT350 owner in search of a better daily so I can stop putting so many miles on my truck, what I like about the V6 is that it's cheap, the engine is dead nuts reliable even with high miles, and it sounds better than an EcoBoost. I don't need it to be fast, it's going to mainly putt around town and do highway miles.

Also, I happen to have a takeoff Borla exhaust from the GT that I traded that will bolt right up to a V6 but not an EcoBoost, so that helps.

Trouble is there just aren't that many manual transmission V6 cars for sale within 200 miles of where I live, so the color selection is very poor. I'd do either of the blues, ingot, or guard.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great thread...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Not that it's an option now but when it was offered some people wanted an entry level Mustang at the cheapest price. When i bought my 15' EB i was looking at the V6 but wanted a performance pack which the V6 did not offer. I only went with the EB because of the PP.
Ford sort of did...the V6 had a 3.55 rear end available for 2015-2016 (not many of those in the wild...). For 2017, the bigger diff was only available on the v6 'vert....

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of V6 owners have upgraded their suspension, interiors, etc. I have take-off PP1 suspension parts and Sync 3 swap parts ready to install. Soon my V6 will be a partial PP and premium. :)

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
There's nothing wrong with the V6 at all. But if you want the V8 for the extra performance, the V8 rumble/character.....you're just going to get/want the V8. That's me. A lot are like me but not everyone. If you don't require or crave a V8, the V6 isn't exactly a slouch by any means. I drove one and it wasn't bad at all.

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Street racers are idiot wannabe's. And "racing" a V6 Mustang versus a Mustang GT? Delusional...
Come to a real race track and race me & my Triumph Spitfire with its 1147cc 4-cylinder. Your 6-cylinder Mustang will be a long, long ways behind a real race car with a real race driver...

You need to buy “Fatguy’s Secrets of Street Racing: Volume IV”.

Here is one quote from the helpful tips chapter:

“When racing against cars with more power, always stay on the left side. Parked cars and slower traffic along with buses and such may be in his lane but far enough ahead to not be a perceived threat in their mind. So now all you have to do is stay somewhere at their side so they can’t get in front of you as they run out of road. When that happens try to make eye contact and smile as they are forced to hit the brakes and move into your lane literally kissing your car’s ass!

The first time that is successful you are obligated to utter the phrase: “I did it for Fatguy - Hell Yah Brother!” Then make sure he does not follow you to your destination as he may try to kick, gouge, or scratch your car after being humiliated...”

Copyright 2019 - Fatguy

Fatguy Publications
Toronto | London.

————————-

Disclaimer: only use techniques of Fatguy’s Secrets of Street Racing on approved close course simulations. Safety first!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I owned a V6 Mustang for about a year. I really liked that engine. I think it's awesome. It has a similar character to the Coyote and Voodoo in how it revs out and makes a lot of top end power.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Street racers are idiot wannabe's. And "racing" a V6 Mustang versus a Mustang GT? Delusional...
Come to a real race track and race me & my Triumph Spitfire with its 1147cc 4-cylinder. Your 6-cylinder Mustang will be a long, long ways behind a real race car with a real race driver...
You and I both know that the fastest you'll ever see a Triumph is on the back of a flatbed. All the Mustang owner will need to do is race you on a Tuesday, and the Triumph probably won't be running that day.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.