Not open for further replies.

ponyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA Mustang
Good for you edco. I have a tune on my V6 automatic The tune holds the gears longer so tht the rpm's don't drop much between gear changes, similar to the new 10 speed automatic. That is one of my favorite features of the tune. When you hit 3000rpm running the v2 93 octane tune this V6 will really surprise you. For me it is the perfect amount of power with excellent handling on 2 lane twisting roads, and great mpg's. Spring is coming and gas prices in my area are rising. If prices get too high I can switch to 87 octane with no problems.
Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Good for you edco. I have a tune on my V6 automatic The tune holds the gears longer so tht the rpm's don't drop much between gear changes, similar to the new 10 speed automatic. That is one of my favorite features of the tune. When you hit 3000rpm running the v2 93 octane tune this V6 will really surprise you. For me it is the perfect amount of power with excellent handling on 2 lane twisting roads, and great mpg's. Spring is coming and gas prices in my area are rising. If prices get too high I can switch to 87 octane with no problems.
Right on every point. The fuel economy of the V6 is understated. At 65 mph it is 32+ mpg. I have rung 440 miles out of a tank with 35 mi. DTE at the pump.
My record DTE number after fill is 500 mi. That is what it read. I am looking forward to the tune but decided to do that last. I am paying for an 87 Oct
tune for the GT because of the V6. I have 3 GT tunes and they are all 93 Oct. The V6 has shown me 87 Oct can get it done. And in the midwest 93 Oct
is +$0.70 per gallon. In Missouri we have roads laid out like loose yarn in a basket. The V6 is the perfect car to safari drive them with. That is why
I spend money on chassis brake and wheel mods. I cannot say enough about the performance of the STEEDA products. They are worth every dollar.
The V6 Mustang may be the best rural road driving car you can find. 700 HP will only buy you a tree trunk.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Street racers are idiot wannabe's. And "racing" a V6 Mustang versus a Mustang GT? Delusional...
Come to a real race track and race me & my Triumph Spitfire with its 1147cc 4-cylinder. Your 6-cylinder Mustang will be a long, long ways behind a real race car with a real race driver...
Fatguy will smoke you!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Also I’m glad I’m I joined corvette land would rather debate trim levels than read some of the dumbest stuff on the internet everyday.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I bought a 2017 V6 Mustang because it was my #1 choice. $24K with 6spd AT. There has never
been a better bang for buck value. I can afford the coyote but I did not want another V8 manual.
And if I go V8 I only go manual.
The V6 is underrated and overlooked. No it won't beat an ss, 5.0, hellcat, and dozen other cars
in a drag race but I don't drag race. To go 5.0 I would have had to trade the GT. The '17 V6 may be
the best car I have owned. I am nearing completion of my home grown performance pack.
Steeda: Extreme G-track, rear IRS braces, aluminium rear vertical links, adjustable rear toe-links, camber plates,
H&R 24mm metric wheel spacers. On the to get list is Power Slot rotors, Hawk pads, Eibach sway bars,
2nd set of Sparco wheels with Riken Raptor summer tires. The stock 5 spoke wheels with Hankook all season
are the best factory wheel set I have ever experienced. Strong and fast and hard to beat. But I want an all
season/summer option out of my garage. Changing tires with the seasons on one pair of rims gets old.

Don't knock something until you try it. The performance of the V6 blows me away. I had no expectation
of this 6 cyl engine having the drive power it has. I bought a V6 Mustang because it is a Mustang. The
average car purchase price in America is +$35K. For $24k this V6 will suck the grill off most of them.
Yeah price was right. The car was right. The look was right. The insurance and tax was right. Why not?

As a last mod, I will get an SCT tune and possibly an induction upgrade. I want the tune just because
i read Ford downtuned the V6 to keep the I4 Turbo the number two performer behind coyote.
Having said that. I have run 18,000 miles total stock PCM and plant. There is nothing about the
performance that begs to be changed. That was not true with the 4.6Liter GT. I was not happy with it
until i modified it. It is ever advancing engineering and technology. The V6 is ready to fly right out of the box.
So that is why i bought a V6 Mustang. I am happy with it. You may sneer and smear but I would not trade.

17V6.jpg
ford_100233891_l.jpg

They detuned it by just quoting the 87 octane number. Add 93 and it instantly becomes tuned again? :crackup:

The stock wheels are the fastest because they are light and 17”.

The thing I like is that 157 top speed (it has gone 161 gps verified but no two way). I think stock the V8 goes 164 with the governors removed on both cars (should go faster but I can’t find anyone who could actually verify it - so 164 stands). These cars are still rolling bricks though. This car is so maligned it has that underdog charm. As I said earlier the car is better than Ford made it to be. The reason they kept hitting it with an an ugly stick is to force you to buy an Ecoboost. The cheesiest ploy was to eliminate the fogs in the States. That was a more expensive option (for Ford) to point you to the Ecoboost. Canadian cars all came with fog lights.

Performance options exist but are few and far between as the car is discontinued. This guy has some options:

He also makes a stroker block but it would be the supercharger for me:

I would have to steal a Bama tune and start fiddling with that to make the supercharger work. This thing is resurected because of emissions testing and inspection being discontinued where I live, so my guess is that all this is wait and see about interest. It is what it is in EOL world...

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
there's a pretty fast great looking v6 mustang in my neighborhood. IDK what mods he has but the exhaust is deeper, has suspension mods, & 3.7 badges on the side. Nice looking car that he put a lot of work into.

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Mission accomplished.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Valentina

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grabber Orange V6, 2015 Race Red V6
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the V6 for the price. I'm happy with the power and the look is amazing. On my salary the GT is out of my comfort zone with the payments and insurance rates. I pay under $500 a month for insurance and payments and that's full coverage on a 2015 V6, a 2007 V6, and a 2005 Escape XLT V6.
52486507_2158345784185534_5727504022118596608_n.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Also I’m glad I’m I joined corvette land would rather debate trim levels than read some of the dumbest stuff on the internet everyday.
Yet, here you are...commenting on the dumbest stuff on the internet, and making typos.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Right on every point. The fuel economy of the V6 is understated. At 65 mph it is 32+ mpg. I have rung 440 miles out of a tank with 35 mi. DTE at the pump.
My record DTE number after fill is 500 mi. That is what it read. I am looking forward to the tune but decided to do that last. I am paying for an 87 Oct
tune for the GT because of the V6. I have 3 GT tunes and they are all 93 Oct. The V6 has shown me 87 Oct can get it done. And in the midwest 93 Oct
is +$0.70 per gallon. In Missouri we have roads laid out like loose yarn in a basket. The V6 is the perfect car to safari drive them with. That is why
I spend money on chassis brake and wheel mods. I cannot say enough about the performance of the STEEDA products. They are worth every dollar.
The V6 Mustang may be the best rural road driving car you can find. 700 HP will only buy you a tree trunk.
I loved my car stock, but love it even more now. I'm kinda the opposite of you. In the city, running 93 and FBO now pushing it hard everywhere I go and loving it the whole time. I've got the power side down as far as I want to go right now (no longtubes, no boost, no nitrous) and have a couple more touches I'd like on the chassis/suspension side of things.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Some here have been there also - ain’t saying who. :sunglasses:

Plus - You get a hard on discussing trim levels?

Actually even though I’m sure am part of the criticism, I would have agreed with you until you mentioned “trim levels”. I get maybe that was sarcastic (Lord help you if it wasn’t) but change that to models and the world will be right again... :rockon:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yet, here you are...commenting on the dumbest stuff on the internet, and making typos.

He is adding to the discussion so that is a plus.

Also, I used to be one of the biggest V8 asshat fanboys. If you’re curious why I always have a go at the GT/V8 guys here - that is why. I don’t think I’m better cause I used to be one of them; but I can have some fun and jerk their chain every once in a while to keep them in line...

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)