Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That would have been across the board but wasn't done on Canadian cars because they were the DRLs.

Wow! Never occurred to me, so they should be on all the time. That would explain it I guess!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
This thread pretty much unfolded exactly the way I suspected it would, it revealed characters that go unseen over forums. I would say that the title is provoking, but definitely not negative, yet the keyboard warriors were quick to approach. Coming from cars that are not Mustangs, cars that aren't offered in different engine formats, the main goal was not for you to justify your purchase, but just to humor me, and humor I got. It seems to be an average answer of liking Mustangs, but going with the lower price overall while sacrificing other things. (More powerful or premium models) I never once said that a V6 was less reliable, despite your constant and main point (As if the Coyote is not reliable) to make that known. I was never a Mustang guy, although I do love certain older models for what they are. You weren't forced to comment on this thread, or make a point, and you weren't forced to "justify" your purchase, you chose to do so. This thread made #2 for last week's topics so I may as well humor some comments on here. :)

2016 GT 435 hp/400 tq
2018 GT 460 hp/420 tq

Why would you buy a 2016 GT when you could have bought a 2018 GT? What is your reasoning?
Good question. The main selling point for me with this car were the new handling characteristics. If it can't handle, then I couldn't care less about anything else. And let's face it, up until 2015, most Mustangs couldn't hang on a windy backroad worth a damn. When I say windy, I mean Deal's Gap windy, not 4 corners every 2 miles. I followed a 2015 GT PP1 on the dragon in 2015 and was blown away, I knew something was up. When I was shopping for one, I was looking for a specific mileage cap, price, track package with nothing other than 3.73 and a color. If it were 2018 or 2016 I wasn't worried about it.

Why would you choose the 5.0 when there's a 5.2? Not meaning to nag but like, my GT350 is like, so much more like, engaging and like superior. Like why would you choose the weakest like V8? Like seriously?
Funny you ask that. I had a test drive for a GT350 lined up that was $45K up north. Before driving up, I decided to do about 2 weeks of research on the Voodoo engines. Probably the main reason for not going through with it is that I was too discouraged from the horror stories of a quart of oil consumption every 1k miles. From my 2 GTPP S550s, I can vouch that the Coyote doesn't do that. You may have a different experience, and that is great. I hope that issue gets worked out. However, I would be a fool to say that the GT350 doesn't look better, sound better, rev better, and overall perform better than my GT. It's simply a better car. Just like the GTPP is a better car than the V6.

I haven't seen anyone mention cost here, but maybe the OP is just being a dick trying to look down his nose at those that can't afford the size bank loan he has on his Stang.
Someone else's money isn't any of your business. 3 things a gentleman doesn't debate about. Money, politics, and religion. However, not on the topic of debate, and because I am going to humor you a bit...for what it's worth, I paid cash for my car. With 16k miles, clean carfax, one owner, out the door was $28,8xx not including tag and registration and all that, because that varies between states. But hey, you know what they say when you assume right? You make an ass out of u and me.

1. The Cyclone engine has more power than any of the standard V8 engines before 2011.
2. There is a national club dedicated to the six banger Mustang. Look up M6A.
3. A straight six has less engine vibration.
1. That's nice. I'm talking about S550s.
2. Couldn't care less about any clubs, especially not that one.
3. Don't chime in on the action if you don't know the difference between a V and Straight engine.

This is a great thread...
I agree.

Also, I find it hilarious that the topic of drag racing came up here. Stock V8 vs stock V6 S550, please just stop talking. I only got this car because it was so fun in the twisties, but I do have other vehicles that can do definitely do more in the twisties with a much smaller engine than a V6 and I'm always up for a good drive. With that being said, since we're all on the same chassis, it should come down to driver vs driver, right? ;)

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wow! Never occurred to me, so they should be on all the time. That would explain it I guess!
Canada is always behind on their lighting laws as well.
2013 was a wonky year for the Canadian GT and BOSS 302 LS

The 2012 BOSS 302 Laguna was available in Canada, but the updated 2013 wasn't.
Part of the problem was the lack of fog lights that were to be used as DRLs, and the law wouldn't allow a HID or LED light to be a DRL, IIRC.

2013 Mustang GT also had a fog-less V6 grille and lower fogs because the in grille fogs on the american cars were LEDs. Looked more like a V6 with GT Hood vents.
2014 it was updated.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This thread pretty much unfolded exactly the way I suspected it would, it revealed characters that go unseen over forums. I would say that the title is provoking, but definitely not negative, yet the keyboard warriors were quick to approach. Coming from cars that are not Mustangs, cars that aren't offered in different engine formats, the main goal was not for you to justify your purchase, but just to humor me, and humor I got. It seems to be an average answer of liking Mustangs, but going with the lower price overall while sacrificing other things. (More powerful or premium models) I never once said that a V6 was less reliable, despite your constant and main point (As if the Coyote is not reliable) to make that known. I was never a Mustang guy, although I do love certain older models for what they are. You weren't forced to comment on this thread, or make a point, and you weren't forced to "justify" your purchase, you chose to do so. This thread made #2 for last week's topics so I may as well humor some comments on here. :)

Good question. The main selling point for me with this car were the new handling characteristics. If it can't handle, then I couldn't care less about anything else. And let's face it, up until 2015, most Mustangs couldn't hang on a windy backroad worth a damn. When I say windy, I mean Deal's Gap windy, not 4 corners every 2 miles. I followed a 2015 GT PP1 on the dragon in 2015 and was blown away, I knew something was up. When I was shopping for one, I was looking for a specific mileage cap, price, track package with nothing other than 3.73 and a color. If it were 2018 or 2016 I wasn't worried about it.

Funny you ask that. I had a test drive for a GT350 lined up that was $45K up north. Before driving up, I decided to do about 2 weeks of research on the Voodoo engines. Probably the main reason for not going through with it is that I was too discouraged from the horror stories of a quart of oil consumption every 1k miles. From my 2 GTPP S550s, I can vouch that the Coyote doesn't do that. You may have a different experience, and that is great. I hope that issue gets worked out. However, I would be a fool to say that the GT350 doesn't look better, sound better, rev better, and overall perform better than my GT. It's simply a better car. Just like the GTPP is a better car than the V6.

Someone else's money isn't any of your business. 3 things a gentleman doesn't debate about. Money, politics, and religion. However, not on the topic of debate, and because I am going to humor you a bit...for what it's worth, I paid cash for my car. With 16k miles, clean carfax, one owner, out the door was $28,8xx not including tag and registration and all that, because that varies between states. But hey, you know what they say when you assume right? You make an ass out of u and me.

1. That's nice. I'm talking about S550s.
2. Couldn't care less about any clubs, especially not that one.
3. Don't chime in on the action if you don't know the difference between a V and Straight engine.

I agree.

Also, I find it hilarious that the topic of drag racing came up here. Stock V8 vs stock V6 S550, please just stop talking. I only got this car because it was so fun in the twisties, but I do have other vehicles that can do definitely do more in the twisties with a much smaller engine than a V6 and I'm always up for a good drive. With that being said, since we're all on the same chassis, it should come down to driver vs driver, right? ;)

I’ll wait for the article to come out...

“Fracture in the Mustang Community!”

“Secret Cults in the Performance Car World”

Or:

“Why not to Buy a Mustang - The Hidden and Dangerous Fringe Society That is Mustang6g.com!”

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
In this case, @nastang87xx was being facetious.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yet, here you are...commenting on the dumbest stuff on the internet, and making typos.
Well, in the thehunterooo's defense, he's not actually making typos, he and I buy from the same place T7pos-R-Uz.

FWIW, they use a manufacturing plant in Shenzhen, just North of Hong Kong and share some electronics fabrication space in Hi-Tech Industry Park, since as you know, typos are easily damaged and require low levels of particulate exposure during final assembly.

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
WOW, I'm sad I have to comment on this thread, And the Mod's haven't shut it down.

Ten reasons I own a V6:

1. V6 51a, with 300$ of interior mods... looks like a GT.
2. 95% of chicks have no clue wtf a GT is and it looks like a GT.
3. Insurance is 70% less then a GT and 50% less then an turbo.
4. People don't care, oh and since it hasn't had the snot beaten out of it like a GT, it actually holds it's value.
5. Has more HP then my last 1999 GT. And has IRS for $24,200 out the door, with 3 miles on it.
6. Did I mention people don't care?
7. I don't race, I don't hot rod, i like mustangs for mustangs and did I mention it's got IRS and looks like a GT?
8. It's a lot cheaper to own. (see the every other post)
9. With 80$ x-pipe and GT mufflers, it sounds pretty damn nice. Cost me $160.
10. Oh yeah you should start an automatic vs. manual war next, because my v6 is AUTO and I love it!

Bonus number 11: The money I saved from not buying the GT. I took the GF to Vegas. Drove a lambo around a track and had the time of my LIFE!

I don't feel bad i own a V6. I even put 3.7 stickers on it because I got nothing to hide. And oddly people STILL think it's a GT!

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I don't mean to nag anyone about their purchase but it's something that literally makes no sense to me. The V6 S550 has the least power and least torque and 2nd best fuel mileage out of all of the new S550s...

Let's go off pre-2018 since I own a 2016.

GT = 435hp/400tq - I average about 14-18 mpgs
EB = 310hp/350tq - Can easily see 28-30 mpgs
V6 - 300hp/280tq - But why?

The EB is probably the easiest to make power with because turbo duh!
The V8 is obviously the most fun and sounds the best, until your EB has 550tq? Idk

So, what is your reasoning?
I bought GT instead, but was initially targeting V6.

V6 is incredible deal of sportscar for the money. .

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
2. 95% of chicks have no clue wtf a GT is and it looks like a GT.
And 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of chicks won't give you any less or more credit for a Mustang in general, even a 350 or a 500. She probably thinks the 458 Speciale sitting outside the club is a Lamborghini.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.