Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I dont know why it seems like some people actually want a v8 competitor to disappear, that doesn't bode well for the market. without the camaro ford also has less reason to even try to keep prices down on the mustang. People are still buying it now even with the camaro being arguably as much or more bang for the buck..competition is a good thing.
Very true.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I like both cars. But for my driving the low end grunt is better for the LS and LT engines. Had my 2021 LT1 for 3 months and yet to get it on the highway. Now that my Vette club will start the cruises again i can get it out on the back roads for WOT burst to over 120mph all i want each month.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I found the layout of the Mustang to be straight forward and tasteful without being unnecessarily busy. Over time though, I found the materials to deteriorate at a faster pace than expected. The sagging seats, worn carpet, propensity of the plastic to obtain scratches.

While I find the base Camaro to be surprisingly high quality (2021 Camaro LT1) and equal to the premium Mustang, I find a lot more I dislike such as the worthless sun visor (no mirror cover, doesn’t even block the sun!) and electronic e-brake. Even though, the interior still very livable for me. I get the sense the Camaro will holdup overtime much better but I don’t see myself owning the Camaro for 5 years like the 2016 GT I owned so that’s a moot point.

3B728F3C-7836-4D84-8B56-8CE6BD2809DD.jpeg
Weird..i just checked mine..it has a better visor lol. Maybe it was updated?

20210120_180838.jpg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
More importantly, if the camaro didn't come back in 2010, the Mustang would still be a 300 hp terminator turd haha.
When did a Terminator ever make 300HP? Lol. They dyno'd stock at 400 to the wheels. Very underrated cars, and mindblowing to come from a factory automaker in 2003, lol. Like sure, we can use the argument "Lol Ford had to use boost to beat GM", but the Camaro was already in the coffin at that point, and man did they go all out on those cars. Absolute legends.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, let's honest. It's REALLY awesome.
The first time I laid eyes on it, I had to buy a '18+ S550.
It is nice but I'd takr HUD in the Camaro.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have not seen in use a Camaro HUD. Is this what is so important, the RPM and Speed? Does it display anything else?
a11e999ee20dbb1c31ac7477f77352eb.jpg

You are telling me that your peripheral vision is so poor that you cannot also read the rpm and speedo right below it?

As a manual driver, I never look at the rpm gauge. I use my ears to know when to shift. Speedo is occasional. It is not something I need prominently displayed on the windshield. I know how to use the right foot to maintain speed.

Unless it does more, it is such a waste. Just another gimmick to break or to be distracting you

By the way, those two chrome pods that house the gauges look terrible. Also, how tiny is the info center section?

The 12" digital or regular dash at least is large enough to be legible and provide decent information.

This Camaro dash is better but I still do not like the area over the gauges.
1611237201143.png

Honestly, which is eariser to read, the HUGE GAUGES and LARGE digital number on the dash or the teenie tiny hud?

Unless you can program the hud to display other data, that is a useless toy.
That is not something that would make me buy a car.

I will say I wish Ford was able to display 4 extra digital gauges like the Camaro. On the 12" digital, we can only show 3 additional yet I think we have more real estate than they do.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I will say this, if the Mustang were to go electric only, I would buy a Camaro even if I didn't like the dash, interior, body, performance or anything else about it. All that I would care is that I fit in and it uses gas.

I prefer cars that make real and authentic sounds. I am not ready for the Jetsons age.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I will say this, if the Mustang were to go electric only, I would buy a Camaro even if I didn't like the dash, interior, body, performance or anything else about it. All that I would care is that I fit in and it uses gas.

I prefer cars that make real and authentic sounds. I am not ready for the Jetsons age.
Most likely would be used. Chevy doesn't seem to be looking long term for the Maro. Which is so chevy. They've always made it second fiddle to the vette.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have not seen in use a Camaro HUD. Is this what is so important, the RPM and Speed? Does it display anything else?
radio, incoming caller, the phase of the moon, the stock market index. Sorry, just the first 2. I actually have a hard time using the HUD since my eyes are looking way out ahead. And since every other car I drive doesn't have a HUD I instinctively glace down at the gauges. As my eyes are coming back up I spot the HUD, "oh right, I can use the Hud". And yet I almost never do.

And unless I'm looking for redline shifts, I do it all by ear as well.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Im torn between the 2020 Mustang GT and the 2020 Camaro SS both in A10 variants. And both seem to be very close in many aspects. I plan on asking this question on a camaro forum, but the other way around. But Im curious about those that shopped both seriously and chose the Mustang in the end. Lets not use the "visibility" argument though. I've driven both extensively and that isnt a problem in the camaro, at least not for me. What else prevented you from getting the camaro? Was it price, availability or was it options?? Lets have a real conversation without a flame war starting. Thanks.
I actually did had a Camaro (18 ZL1) and it was the same nightmare Quality Control crap the GM has been dishing out for decades . I have had many many mustangs over the years with very little problem -I love the look, the huge field of modification parts available will never make the GM mistake again -I promise :). My latest is a 19 performance package level two and I’m loving it so that is why I did not buy a Camaro .

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, those two chrome pods that house the gauges look terrible. Also, how tiny is the info center section?
you're looking at a C5. C6 is vastly better. And the info box on a Mustang is what, 2.5" across so hardly anything to brag about.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Cars haven't been "underrated" since the 70's. They are all engine dyno'd using SAE standards. They can't just make up these figures. You also can't really use a chassis dyno to determine engine horsepower. All it is good for is testing the difference before and after mods. Even that will only get you a rough idea. The same dyno on different days can show different results.

This myth needs to die alongside the superiority of "German engineering".
Your hate of German cars is funny. I had Mercedes C43 never had it in the shop for anything, I have a Merc GLC 2017 never been in the shop once. I cannot say that for any of the Mustangs I have owned. I will say I never had any major problems with the Mustangs either but all had some problems here and there. Hopefully the M2 will be trouble free for the most part. Time will tell