Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Im torn between the 2020 Mustang GT and the 2020 Camaro SS both in A10 variants. And both seem to be very close in many aspects. I plan on asking this question on a camaro forum, but the other way around. But Im curious about those that shopped both seriously and chose the Mustang in the end. Lets not use the "visibility" argument though. I've driven both extensively and that isnt a problem in the camaro, at least not for me. What else prevented you from getting the camaro? Was it price, availability or was it options?? Lets have a real conversation without a flame war starting. Thanks.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have a '20 1 LE, ZL1. My issue is the Recaro seats. That is why my 30 yr old now drives it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Because I don't go on track, I prefer the high revving coyote over the pushrod LT1, and the Mustang just looks way better lol
This is soooooo true ! I get way more compliments on the GT350 than the Zl1, 1LE

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a '20 1 LE, ZL1. My issue is the Recaro seats. That is why my 30 yr old now drives it.
Yeah the 1LE recaros are very tight for us adults. They are fine for 160lb little guys. But I sat in a recaro GT350 and those were WAY WORSE. Those were total deal breaker seats for me. But I wouldnt probably end up with either a 1LE or a GT350 anyway. The 2SS camaro seats are fine as well as the mustang GT seats. Cloth or leather doesnt matter.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I’ll never buy anything GM...period. That answers that question, next...
One simply cannot replicate the sound of an FPC Voodoo. :inlove:

Risto2G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2, Recaro, B&O K7 GSXR750
All in all, for me, the styling of the current generation mustang just spoke to me. Especially the PP2 option. It just has that aggressive look while also being sleek and refined. Everything just flows together nicely. I didn't even really look at the options of each car. I wanted something that would always put a smile on my face every time I walk in the garage, the Mustang just does that for me still 1 year strong. Hard to say if I would have felt the same had I went with a Camaro. I liked them as well but just seem like it tried too hard visually. But those are my just my thoughts and personal taste.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Im currently on the fence between the two myself. Especially with used car prices being high..might sell my mustang.

I personally love the look of both, and my family makes performance parts for the camaro. The warranty would be nice too.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Im currently on the fence between the two myself. Especially with used car prices being high..might sell my mustang.

I personally love the look of both, and my family makes performance parts for the camaro. The warranty would be nice too.
I've contemplated selling my mustang and truck and getting a C8. Unfortunately my wife believes that people with corvettes are looking for girlfriends and she's not open to that idea either....

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I chose my 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with the A10 over an '18 SS because of several reasons:

Better looking than the SS
Better engine in my opinion
Better ergonomics
Better safety tech. features
Bigger trunk
Bigger back seat

But mainly, the first two items were the most important.

Now, fast forward over 2 years, and just today I've placed an order and put a deposit down for a '21 Camaro ZL1. The ZL1 is much better looking than the SS (the front is menacing), and it's a much better performance car than my GT. And my GT is a performance package 1 with MagneRide and handles really well, but the ZL1 is on another level performance-wise. And that LT4 is a monster of an engine. It sounds very angry (in a good way) at full throttle. My GT w/ Borla S type and Borla H pipe resonator has a better exhaust sound, though.

That said, I realize a ZL1 is a lot more expensive than a GT or SS.

Between GT and SS levels, though, I would go with the GT every time because of the above reasons. I wouldn't switch from my car to an SS, but obviously, the ZL1 is a major upgrade.

Looks-wise, I like the front, rear, and fastback roofline of the GT better than the SS. The ZL1 front end (from the a pillars forward) and hood, however, I like a lot, and makes my GT PP1 look plain when sitting next to one. Doors back, I still prefer the Mustang GT, but the ZL1 back half is still a good looking car - the side rocker panels and rear valence make it look better than an SS.

And honestly, after driving a ZL1, I like the interior; it feels sportier than the Mustang, which would probably carry-over into the SS. That said, I do really like the design of the Mustang interior - it's very comfortable. You know what the visibility is like in the Camaro so I won't comment on that.

All that to say, I LOVE my Mustang, and will be sad to have to sell it, but the lure of a "near supercar" in Camaro clothing was too tempting in the end.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I chose my 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with the A10 over an '18 SS because of several reasons:

Better looking than the SS
Better engine in my opinion
Better ergonomics
Better safety tech. features
Bigger trunk
Bigger back seat

But mainly, the first two items were the most important.

Now, fast forward over 2 years, and just today I've placed an order and put a deposit down for a '21 Camaro ZL1. The ZL1 is much better looking than the SS (the front is menacing), and it's a much better performance car than my GT. And my GT is a performance package 1 with MagneRide and handles really well, but the ZL1 is on another level performance-wise. And that LT4 is a monster of an engine. It sounds very angry (in a good way) at full throttle. My GT w/ Borla S type and Borla H pipe resonator has a better exhaust sound, though.

That said, I realize a ZL1 is a lot more expensive than a GT or SS.

Between GT and SS levels, though, I would go with the GT every time because of the above reasons. I wouldn't switch from my car to an SS, but obviously, the ZL1 is a major upgrade.

Looks-wise, I like the front, rear, and fastback roofline of the GT better than the SS. The ZL1 front end (from the a pillars forward) and hood, however, I like a lot, and makes my GT PP1 look plain when sitting next to one. Doors back, I still prefer the Mustang GT, but the ZL1 back half is still a good looking car - the side rocker panels and rear valence make it look better than an SS.

And honestly, after driving a ZL1, I like the interior; it feels sportier than the Mustang, which would probably carry-over into the SS. That said, I do really like the design of the Mustang interior - it's very comfortable. You know what the visibility is like in the Camaro so I won't comment on that.

All that to say, I LOVE my Mustang, and will be sad to have to sell it, but the lure of a "near supercar" in Camaro clothing was too tempting in the end.
The 1le package on the ss makes it even better and more of a difference against the mustang vs the regular ss. The seats..shifter..steering wheel..HUD..and appearance of the 1le are great. Just have to decide on personal prefefence and what is worth it.

42k for a 1ss 1le is pretty hard to beat though tbh.