Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Your hate of German cars is funny. I had Mercedes C43 never had it in the shop for anything, I have a Merc GLC 2017 never been in the shop once. I cannot say that for any of the Mustangs I have owned. I will say I never had any major problems with the Mustangs either but all had some problems here and there. Hopefully the M2 will be trouble free for the most part. Time will tell
Wait till you get some mileage on them. That's why they are lease machines. And when something does inevitably need to be fixed, call your mortgage banker and let them know you'll be skipping that next months payment.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Wait till you get some mileage on them. That's why they are lease machines. And when something does inevitably need to be fixed, call your mortgage banker and let them know you'll be skipping that next months payment.
I just love how you act like the mass produced mustang is some marvel of engineering. I'm not worried about it to be honest. I have a 7 year 70k warranty I probably wont have the car by the time expensive things break.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I just love how you act like the mass produced mustang is some marvel of engineering. I'm not worried about it to be honest. I have a 7 year 70k warranty I probably wont have the car by the time expensive things break.
How am I acting or when have I said the mustang is a marvel of anything but enjoyment? Coming from a BMW product (that was quite fun to drive as well), at 90k miles it was falling apart and needing lots of major work. I replaced the turbo myself before selling it to a friend who knew exactly what he was getting into. He's spent nearly as much in maintenance as I have in car payments last year. A clutch for that car is about 3k where the domestic mustang is maybe 1/3 of that? Prices for mods are also quite a bit less expensive. Now if I was in Germany, I would like to hope it would be the other way around. In the future, maybe don't put words in people mouths. Also, good on you for being able to go through cars at a faster rate, I'm sure there's an award for that somewhere.

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
Idk why but anything Chevrolet just feels cheap.
A high end Camaro is pricey but that brand has a cheapo feeling. Same with Pontiac.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A high end Camaro is pricey but that brand has a cheapo feeling. Same with Pontiac.
and Olds isn't? Ok, using the Cutlass Calais is unfair - should have just called it a Neon. The Cutlass or 88 were very nice.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
How am I acting or when have I said the mustang is a marvel of anything but enjoyment? Coming from a BMW product (that was quite fun to drive as well), at 90k miles it was falling apart and needing lots of major work. I replaced the turbo myself before selling it to a friend who knew exactly what he was getting into. He's spent nearly as much in maintenance as I have in car payments last year. A clutch for that car is about 3k where the domestic mustang is maybe 1/3 of that? Prices for mods are also quite a bit less expensive. Now if I was in Germany, I would like to hope it would be the other way around. In the future, maybe don't put words in people mouths. Also, good on you for being able to go through cars at a faster rate, I'm sure there's an award for that somewhere.
Did you get that BBQ tick noise fixed yet?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The normal characteristic noise the engine makes while warming up or the sound of DI? No need to fix either of them because nothing is broken.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
come now, it's the crank moving around in it's journals to maximize torque force of each piston. we all learned in engineering school that looser lets things self-align.

/sarc

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have not seen in use a Camaro HUD. Is this what is so important, the RPM and Speed? Does it display anything else?
a11e999ee20dbb1c31ac7477f77352eb.jpg

You are telling me that your peripheral vision is so poor that you cannot also read the rpm and speedo right below it?

As a manual driver, I never look at the rpm gauge. I use my ears to know when to shift. Speedo is occasional. It is not something I need prominently displayed on the windshield. I know how to use the right foot to maintain speed.

Unless it does more, it is such a waste. Just another gimmick to break or to be distracting you

By the way, those two chrome pods that house the gauges look terrible. Also, how tiny is the info center section?

The 12" digital or regular dash at least is large enough to be legible and provide decent information.

This Camaro dash is better but I still do not like the area over the gauges.
1611237201143.png

Honestly, which is eariser to read, the HUGE GAUGES and LARGE digital number on the dash or the teenie tiny hud?

Unless you can program the hud to display other data, that is a useless toy.
That is not something that would make me buy a car.

I will say I wish Ford was able to display 4 extra digital gauges like the Camaro. On the 12" digital, we can only show 3 additional yet I think we have more real estate than they do.
by the same argument, it is just as useful or as easy to look at as the digital dash...
i do admit the digital dash looks awesome and its cool how you can change the modes though.

also to note, the HUD CAN be changed to other settings...also as noted, you are not looking at the latest gen of camaro. Which i wonder how often that happens.

itll show speed, rpm, what media you are playing (music etc), your next turn on navigation, current speed limit for the zone you are in, maybe something else im forgetting.

having it as a feature isnt worse than not having it...
obviously not a reason by itself to buy the car, but it is a bonus.

i much prefer the camaro instrument cluster and the HUD is a nice additional piece. You can also adjust it up and down to fit your personal needs better. The center gauges are plenty big and easy to see, and i dont even notice the area over the gauges as im 6'4. maybe it gets in the way for shorter people.

Last edited:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
and yet it has ALL of the good stuff from the vette for 20 grand less.
and from my knowledge, has had the same or better track times than comparable trims of the c7 and c8. Maybe not including the z06, not sure.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
interesting how you are planning to get rid of the car before any decent amount of miles are put on it (IE...like people are saying it starts breaking around)..yet you seem to think they are in deed reliable and what they are saying is nonsense.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Idk why but anything Chevrolet just feels cheap.
maybe you are forgetting the market the camaro is in. pretty sure thats been the idea for the big 3 for a while now, performance on a budget.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
from what ive seen, they recently stated they will keep making them until 2026, so who knows after that.

the 1le adds leather + alcantara seats, steering wheel, and shift knob. It also adds a heads up display, 6 piston brembo front and 4 piston brembo rear, magneride, coolers, and some extra visual additions. probably forgetting things as well.

the 2ss 1le that i got additionally adds small things that dont matter as much but i appreciate, being heated and cooled feature to the seats (the 1ss 1le has them built in but doesnt utilize it), blind spot monitoring, mycolor, BOSE sound system (which mattered to me and sounds better than the 1ss, will be nice for my cross country drive), memory seats, and one of the most notable options to me...a rear view mirror camera. At first it was trippy, but now i love it and IMO, removes what most would probably consider visibility issues as you dont need to look out the rear at all anymore, you can see it all with the camera.
Do you mean even while the car is driving on the freeway and whatnot, you can use the rearview mirror as a screen to see what's behind that car? That's pretty cool if so, didn't know stuff like that was in production yet. Figured there would be years more fighting with the NHSTA to prove viability, heh. How about checking your blindspots, though? Does it help much with that? I'd imagine that's still at least a bit of an issue.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do you mean even while the car is driving on the freeway and whatnot, you can use the rearview mirror as a screen to see what's behind that car? That's pretty cool if so, didn't know stuff like that was in production yet. Figured there would be years more fighting with the NHSTA to prove viability, heh. How about checking your blindspots, though? Does it help much with that? I'd imagine that's still at least a bit of an issue.
yep! it stays on constantly. You can turn it off to be a regular mirror if you want as well of course. although i havent turned it off a single time yet.

Ill try to get a picture of it later today if i remember.

It increases field of view behind you very well. It tripped me out for about 5 mins but after that i fell in love with it. It combined with my side mirrors i wouldnt say i have any blind spots. The camera for it is mounted in the antenna on top of the roof so i feel its a pretty good location for being able to see everything. You can also zoom in and out on the camera to fit your needs better.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Cars haven't been "underrated" since the 70's. They are all engine dyno'd using SAE standards. They can't just make up these figures. You also can't really use a chassis dyno to determine engine horsepower. All it is good for is testing the difference before and after mods. Even that will only get you a rough idea. The same dyno on different days can show different results.

This myth needs to die alongside the superiority of "German engineering".
I don't have any reason to disagree with you, but it's just hard to believe that a dyno measuring wheel horsepower would show the same figure as sae crank HP. I know turbo engines have much more variability in their performance, so maybe the OEM's rate on the low end of the output scale? I've seen the same thing with the VW GTI with the performance pack. People were getting 230whp when the sae rating is 220. Is there something else going on here that I've missed? Everything I've ever seen about dynos is that they measure after all the losses that occur from the crank to the tire. Yes, you can't compare dyno results, and they're only useful for comparing one car as it's modified. But why do these types of trends exist?