Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Name them.

No, they don't. I fly them.

Splitting hairs..... No, calling out someone who has no idea what he is talking about.

Hey, what happened to that embarrassing video and post of yourself holding on to the stick between shifts? Did you think nobody was going to miss that? You have demonstrated in many ways that you have no idea what you are talking about. Refer to post 283 on page 15
I could say the sky is blue but you would still argue because I don't have a GT 350 too! So you have never let auto pilot fly your plane? You must be the hardest working pilot in the world because you are the only one who refuses to let auto pilot land the plane for you. At the same time your willing to allow your car to shift for you? I was not embarrassed by the video and I can re attach it here if you really want me to. I'm not a youtuber but thanks for the views, also thanks for letting me know that holding onto the gear shifter while going through the gears is a crime. You are one amazing individual sir and we should all be thankful that mustang6g allows you to be in our presence.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it should be locked.
Why would you even be in this thread if your not "manual or bust"? The only reason would be to hi jack it or to show how you like to try to bully a thread.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Why would you even be in this thread if your not "manual or bust"? The only reason would be to hi jack it or to show how you like to try to bully a thread.
Better yet, since there is or never will be a manual transmission in the GT500, why does this thread exist?

I remember when Carl Widman was interviewed and he was asked if a manual was ever a consideration. He, without hesitation, said no.

Do you folks really think your little holdout is going to change anything?

This thread has gone way past any sort of meaningful and useful discussion and you, along with your big disappointment thread, is nothing but negative, crybaby press.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I could say the sky is blue but you would still argue because I don't have a GT 350 too! So you have never let auto pilot fly your plane? You must be the hardest working pilot in the world because you are the only one who refuses to let auto pilot land the plane for you. At the same time your willing to allow your car to shift for you? I was not embarrassed by the video and I can re attach it here if you really want me to. I'm not a youtuber but thanks for the views, also thanks for letting me know that holding onto the gear shifter while going through the gears is a crime. You are one amazing individual sir and we should all be thankful that mustang6g allows you to be in our presence.
I don't think you understand what an autopilot is or how it relates to automation. autonomous.... existing or capable of existing independently.... an autopilot does not fit that description because it requires control and intervention from a person to operate in the ATC system.It is not an autonomous device that allows us to just sit there with no input from anything or anyone else. We could get into FMS, navigation, systems, etc, but that would be a wast of my time.

The point is that you shouldn't stick your uninformed nose into something that you know little about for the purpose of discourse. You have demonstrated with your own video (which you have taken down) that you are certainly not a manual transmission expert or an afficianado. Leave that argument for people who know what they are talking about (like Norm -who's opinion is much more respected because he is an expert and an afficianado).

As for your expert autonomy in aviation lecrure, I'd probably drop the subject if I were you.

As for the rest of your gibberish, I'll just attribute that to a personal attack and a reach for something just to stir more of the pot. Keep it up and maybe with any luck, this thread will get a padlock.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This proves you’re a trolling crybaby that likes to see his own posts. You even try to change the name of the thread in attempts to exclude someone or prove your point. The title of a thread is asking the question, “Who is manual or bust?”.... not, “manual or bust.”..which seems to invite debate, which is fine but some people are incapable of a civil conversation and/or realizing that their opinion is just that, an opinion.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yes due to my years of riding bikes and personally seeing the lack of wear on the dogrings from never using the clutch; and learning that racing schools don't teach double clutch downshifting and they don't replace dog rings very often because otherwise they'd go out of business with the service costs maintaining fleets of formula cars. Those cars get beat up from all the students with varying levels of abilities, and yet there's no concern for excessive dog ring wear.

But if it makes you feel better then keep double clutching your transmission, even though you're making an insignificant benefit to it.
Anectodal at best. Ive had and known plenty of people who have had, and plenty of people whom repair, dogboxes. clutch it on street use, or replace the stuff much much sooner.
again, out of your element. street usage vs WOT

Depending on the aggressiveness and angle of the dog rings, it can be beneficial to double clutch downshift to extend the life of aggressively cut rings. But this is mostly the case for tight tolerence gearboxes in professional endurance racing -moreso 5-15 years ago, and not applicable to paddle shifted gearboxes in pro racing.

However in most cases for production motorcycles and most race transmissions, you are right that a solid, crisp down shift and corresponding blip will cause no more wear than double clutching it.
they are all race transmissions, and when used in racing, not a big deal. we're discussing a race transmission in street /daily driver usage.

he wants to be so right, that he doesnt ingest the whole point

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Better yet, since there is or never will be a manual transmission in the GT500, why does this thread exist?

I remember when Carl Widman was interviewed and he was asked if a manual was ever a consideration. He, without hesitation, said no.
Maybe it wasn't a consideration for the new GT500 at its introduction and maybe there were no hard plans to definitely offer it later. But I doubt that the possibility didn't at least get looked into, and supposedly there's been consideration of offering a MT later on if Ford felt that there was sufficient interest. It's not like the TR60xx/Magnum/Magnum XL would need any redesign effort; that 'wheel' has already been 'invented'.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
No, I'd say 100% of "manual or bust guys" are not in the buying pool.
As far as today is concerned, not in the buying pool for a GT500. But suddenly in the buying pool for something else that absolutely does have to have a conventional MT (along with heated seats, a particular color, and 250-ish HP - that's the rest of the ultimatum that was handed to me by "she-who-was-also-born-before-the-Korean-Conflict"). Let's just say that our "stable" will be remaining 3 for 3 with 3-pedal MTs.

Norm

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
It was 1 out of the three reasons I told two dealers they can keep their 500's.
Sponsored