Sponsored

Anyone else here scratching and or damaging their wheels?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Damn and I mean sucks that I have now twice hit my front right wheel on a curb. I did the first one back in March and now again I did it just today. I have lots of nice cars and never have had this happen so often and or at all. My feeling is the turning Is very long in the GT500 border line way too long. I have now caught myself too late compensating an entrance by turning a tad to soon into an entrance taking a right turn. I end up hitting the wheel right at the end of the curb and damn it hurts hearing that noise. So just a heads up for anyone pulling into entrances with curbs you really have to be extra careful. Here’s the pic of today’s destruction and thank goodness I purchased wheel and tire for $750 since I ruined a tire and wheel repair last time. And now here we go again so money well spent IMO.
BA960AB6-D7EC-4972-AB15-33793CF9948F.jpeg
1E42F3B0-7A99-48ED-AF69-1537FBAF4B32.jpeg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just kissed a curb with one of my signature sv902s. Thank God it wasn't one of my CF wheels.......

Off to powder coating..... i asked terrance for some of the same powder to exactly match my other wheels. NO was the answer. I asked if I sent it to him if he couls have it done. NO was the answer. I thanked him for supporting his products. I was willing to pay no matter which direction I had to go.

I expected better.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I've never hit a curb that badly, ever, I've scuffed a tire a few times. I scratched one of my '16's CS rim, but I have a guy here (I do his computer work), and he repairs rims, wouldn't even know I hit anything he's that good. And overall not expensive at all, if memory serves me right I think it was $190, which to me was well worth it.

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just kissed a curb with one of my signature sv902s. Thank God it wasn't one of my CF wheels.......

Off to powder coating..... i asked terrance for some of the same powder to exactly match my other wheels. NO was the answer. I asked if I sent it to him if he couls have it done. NO was the answer. I thanked him for supporting his products. I was willing to pay no matter which direction I had to go.

I expected better.
Wow, seriously? I definitely did not expect a no go that. Especially offering to send to them for the powder coat etc.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wow, seriously? I definitely did not expect a no go that. Especially offering to send to them for the powder coat etc.
I couldn't believe it either. I was told they don't offer wheel refinishing services, when asked if I could buy the powder, I was told that they don't sell it. I was told any gloss black would be very close.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I couldn't believe it either. I was told they don't offer wheel refinishing services, when asked if I could buy the powder, I was told that they don't sell it. I was told any gloss black would be very close.
Disappointing to hear, after hearing such good things about the company

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Disappointing to hear, after hearing such good things about the company
They are great wheels. Don't get me wrong. But close or very close isn't a exact match. If one wheel is off, its gonna look like crap.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
They are great wheels. Don't get me wrong. But close or very close isn't a exact match. If one wheel is off, its gonna look like crap.
Exactly, and especially for the price of those wheels...

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
See if this place can help you. Its the place I was talking about a few replies up:

https://www.awrswheelrepair.com/locator/results
I appreciate it. The whole reason I am in this situation is because I trusted a so called wheel repair professional to correctly fix my wheel. They took the wrong approach and instead of just repairing the spot that was affected (and I mean it wasn't bad), they sanded the whole surrounding area and decided to use a coat of spray paint to match it as best as they could. I started to polish the repair and all the paint flaked off. There is only one correct way to get the wheel as right as I can now and that is to powder coat it.

Because of some super secret cloak and dagger special sauce recipe crap, I am going to wind up with a wheel that isn't matched correctly. What a bunch of crap.

Mustang50Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Not sure how the wheel repair works... but hopefully it turns out good and that 750 package comes in handy.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate it. The whole reason I am in this situation is because I trusted a so called wheel repair professional to correctly fix my wheel. They took the wrong approach and instead of just repairing the spot that was affected (and I mean it wasn't bad), they sanded the whole surrounding area and decided to use a coat of spray paint to match it as best as they could. I started to polish the repair and all the paint flaked off. There is only one correct way to get the wheel as right as I can now and that is to powder coat it.

Because of some super secret cloak and dagger special sauce recipe crap, I am going to wind up with a wheel that isn't matched correctly. What a bunch of crap.
Well I guess you can call them and ask, I dont know who you used before, but I used them when my rim got scratched and honestly when it came back I couldnt find where the scratch was, call see what they have to say, all you lose is about 5 mins of time.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well I guess you can call them and ask, I dont know who you used before, but I used them when my rim got scratched and honestly when it came back I couldnt find where the scratch was, call see what they have to say, all you lose is about 5 mins of time.
The curb rash is gone. The only thing left to do is powder coat the wheel now.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP

I expected better.
wait, what? Wouldn’t give you powder to match or repair?
Cmon there has to be another explanation.
Sponsored