Sponsored

Whipple Final Concerns Post Install

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Thanks for letting me know the "surge" is normal. I am having so much fun with this thing.:lol:

Here is a video of the walk.

I already removed all three idler pulleys and checked everything then retorqued. I have looked close at the belt but will make sure they are all on the right rib. Maybe against the front guide? For all grooved pulleys?
This is not normal. Gates switched there idler pulley design. This new design, we have found some bearings not pressed in all the way or crooked, which this may have. We are testing other suppliers now, but in the meantime, we are now repressing all bearings in and spin testing each before shipping.

I think you were working with Mike and we were sending you new pulleys?
Sponsored

FLSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red w/ Whip 2.9 737/553
In my testing for the sound tube modification I had taken off the inlet elbow and found oil. It was also draining into the air box. As far as the Whipple catch can yes it just screws on however its very important the two outlets are oriented properly and connected to the right lines. It's a 50/50 chance you get it right unless you look close at the body of the outlets you will see SC and the other PCV stamped into it. If you have the PCV side connects to the supercharger then you will suck from the bottom of the bowl and if the duck bill nipple isn't draining properly then you will suck big time oil into the intake.

As you can see the drawing shows the SC side draws from a hole at the top of the catch can, but if it's backwards it draws from the bottom metal cone filter and will drink oil all day.

I believe mine is on correctly. If standing over the passenger side front fender, looking straight at it, The nozzle on the left goes to the SC. That is the side stamped with SC. The nozzle on the right is going to the pcv, and the can is stamped pcv there. Unless the chrome nozzles that you screw into the catch can are each different also.. in that case I have no idea. I didn't notice those being different when I installed it.
I just went through this and believe mine was installed backwards and sent my car to the shop. Probably after my oil change, they may have disconnected the lines. Instructions on proper install was lacking at the time and was not aware of the two different sides.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I just went through this and believe mine was installed backwards and sent my car to the shop. Probably after my oil change, they may have disconnected the lines. Instructions on proper install was lacking at the time and was not aware of the two different sides.
Did you have oil leaking into the intake elbow and filter box?

OP
OP

Brilliant1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT
New Belt and Pulleys on the way

Many thanks to all of you who have chimed in here.

What an awesome community.

I must say. Whipple has really stepped up to the plate. Every time I have needed advice they were available on the phone. Anytime I needed a replacement part has come next day via FedEx.

A new set of Pulleys, spacers and a new belt are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wonder if the hesitation could because because I have still not checked the octane adjust. I live in California so 91 is the best I can do. Will modify ASAP

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Many thanks to all of you who have chimed in here.

What an awesome community.

I must say. Whipple has really stepped up to the plate. Every time I have needed advice they were available on the phone. Anytime I needed a replacement part has come next day via FedEx.

A new set of Pulleys, spacers and a new belt are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wonder if the hesitation could because because I have still not checked the octane adjust. I live in California so 91 is the best I can do. Will modify ASAP
Only need to activate 'octane adjust' if using the 3.625 pulley with 91 octane. No need to activate it with the 3.75.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Only need to activate 'octane adjust' if using the 3.625 pulley with 91 octane. No need to activate it with the 3.75.
If I activate octane adjust, would it be able to take advantage of race gas? Found a local pump for 101. I have never gotten a doc on the flight control features, I've asked a few times.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
If I activate octane adjust, would it be able to take advantage of race gas? Found a local pump for 101. I have never gotten a doc on the flight control features, I've asked a few times.
Even more so you DON'T need to activate octane adjust if you are going to run that octane level. You could go down to a 3.5 pulley with that octane and still not turn on octane adjust per whipple.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
If you can get 101, there would be no reason to lower power with octane adjust. Octane adjust retards timing. You can run 3.5" with 101, no problem.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
If you can get 101, there would be no reason to lower power with octane adjust. Octane adjust retards timing. You can run 3.5" with 101, no problem.
Very interesting. So it will be able to take advantage of the higher octane, with Octane adjust NOT turned on. Got it.

Looks like I'll pulley down and get weird with the 101!

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Very interesting. So it will be able to take advantage of the higher octane, with Octane adjust NOT turned on. Got it.

Looks like I'll pulley down and get weird with the 101!
Let her rip brother, just make sure your pointed straight before you hit that throttle! Lol:headbang:

OP
OP

Brilliant1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT
Belt walk solved

The guys from Whipple sent me three new pulleys as well as a new belt. I swapped everything out and the walk is gone!

I remain concerned about the dead spot at or around 2800 RPMs as reported by others in this thread. How on earth would I even know what I could have done wrong to cause this? My dad and I took our time and really paid attention to the instructions .

I need a reputable shop in San Diego but I could take this to who knows my car and knows this kit.

Any recommendations? I might go ahead and get a Lund tune if this can't be fixed by Whipple.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The guys from Whipple sent me three new pulleys as well as a new belt. I swapped everything out and the walk is gone!

I remain concerned about the dead spot at or around 2800 RPMs as reported by others in this thread. How on earth would I even know what I could have done wrong to cause this? My dad and I took our time and really paid attention to the instructions .

I need a reputable shop in San Diego but I could take this to who knows my car and knows this kit.

Any recommendations? I might go ahead and get a Lund tune if this can't be fixed by Whipple.
Fresno is not that far away. Maybe Whipple would welcome your car in for evaluation.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Hang tight with your hesitation issue, I'm testing a modification to the bypass sent to me by Whipple. Give me a couple more days to test this out to say for sure, but the early results are really looking good. It's a real simple and brilliant fix as well.
Sponsored