Which mod should i go with first

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Here's a concept: run it like it is for awhile and get some performance numbers for a baseline. The when you start changing things (and only one at a time) you can tell what works and what only costs $$ but doesn't help performance.

I see too many threads about " I did xxx and now yyy doesn't work right...". Don't be one of them.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
285 square is gonna be slower on the strip than 305s on the back.
Correct. For drag racing you want as much rubber on the back as you can get. (Weight transfers to the rear of the car on launch). And thinner tires up front for less rolling resistance. Of course everything is one big compromise when talking about a street car that might hit the strip 3 times a year

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Idk if anyone else suggested this but a passenger catch can is a must.

OP
OP

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Here's a concept: run it like it is for awhile and get some performance numbers for a baseline. The when you start changing things (and only one at a time) you can tell what works and what only costs $$ but doesn't help performance.

I see too many threads about " I did xxx and now yyy doesn't work right...". Don't be one of them.

After posting this I was thinking that might be a good idea I'll probably do that my local track oppens next week so I might be able to get a pass or 2 in on test and tune night.

And it sounds like a staggerd setup is what I'm going to go with. I know I won't be able to rotate tires and one might wear out before the other but I'm ok with that. I bought this car to have fun not pench penny's. if I wanted to do that I would have kept the boring econo box I traded in for the mustang.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Somebody better let the car manufacturers know this :)

4-square. Keep it 4 square. Same size all the way around.

Don't put yourself in a position where you can't rotate your tires.

And it's stupid to put wider tires in the back, on a nose-heavy car.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The heck with "Phase 1", might as well go with "Phase 2" for a few hundred more. They both break the Ford warranty, regardless of if Ford or a certified shop installs, but are then covered by the Roush Warranty.

Roush super charger stage 1. It won't break the warranty if installed by Ford.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Stuck on square are you :) I can assure you, for normal street driving and average miles, the rears last a lot longer than 8 months (depending on tire). Buy Michelin Sport Cup 2 and you will be changing fronts and rears regularly regardless of square or not. I am not against a square set-up but recognize staggered has its' advantages also.

Corvettes, Vipers, and Ferraris are not very good comps for a Mustang. Very different platforms with different weight distributions and suspension designs.

Camaro is fair game. They don't have enough wheel well room in the front to accommodate properly wide front tires, but they sure would benefit from them.

To the OP - go square with a 10" wheel and a 285 tire and don't look back. Its a great setup and it sure is nice to replace all 4 at the same time instead of having to replace fronts and rears on different intervals because they aren't in sync, and then having a car where the handling balance changes every 8 months when you buy 2 new tires at a time.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
The heck with "Phase 1", might as well go with "Phase 2" for a few hundred more. They both break the Ford warranty, regardless of if Ford or a certified shop installs, but are then covered by the Roush Warranty.
Ford has stated they will honor the warranty. Not sure if you get a new contract but I'm sure there's an existing clause. The man wants to keep hos warranty so that variable needs to stay constant.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I don't quiet understand what you are talking about. Roush Phase 1 and Phase 2 installs are covered under the Roush warranty and yes Ford will fix it BUT Roush pays for it, up to a set dollar amount. Try getting a Ford extended warranty and you will see exactly what is actually in print. You "forfeit" the Ford power train warranty when Ford installs the supercharger. The Roush warranty takes its place.

Ford has stated they will honor the warranty. Not sure if you get a new contract but I'm sure there's an existing clause. The man wants to keep hos warranty so that variable needs to stay constant.

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I don't quiet understand what you are talking about. Roush Phase 1 and Phase 2 installs are covered under the Roush warranty and yes Ford will fix it BUT Roush pays for it, up to a set dollar amount. Try getting a Ford extended warranty and you will see exactly what is actually in print. You "forfeit" the Ford power train warranty when Ford installs the supercharger. The Roush warranty takes its place.
I didn't know it was for Phase 2.

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base, M/T
Stuck on square are you :) I can assure you, for normal street driving and average miles, the rears last a lot longer than 8 months (depending on tire). Buy Michelin Sport Cup 2 and you will be changing fronts and rears regularly regardless of square or not. I am not against a square set-up but recognize staggered has its' advantages also.
I was hoping someone else would chime in about the square vs staggered setup. I didn't feel like going into a whole argument and explaining the pros and cons. I spent a lot of time deciding between the two and the shop I bought my custom wheels from reassured me staggered was the better option for a mainly street car.

Even if the rears wear faster you're not spending more money. You just end up also staggering your tire replacement costs so it works out the same. And wider tires always cost more, so of you're not tracking it a lot, wide fronts end up costing you more even if you rotate.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Staggered vs. square for a street setup probably boils down to whether you lean more toward stoplight pulls or twisty roads. I'm in the latter category. The S550 corners and handles much better than any prior generation.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
What are your goals?

OP
OP

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
What are your goals?
My goals are a fun summer dd that can go to the track and put up decent times when I feel like it street/strip car.

I actually called a dealer that dose these installs. He said there is a waranty but it's kinda a gray area and ford could tell me to kick rocks if they deemed the repairs to be to much. But he did say he has had a guy blow the pistons out of his engine.

In addition to his supercharger he also had lth a full cat back and an e85 tune and ford sent him a new engine. I'm thinking I will go FI but I'd like to get used to this platform first do lots of research and see what's all out there before I add a ton of power to this car.

In the meantime I want to up grade things that will help utilize the power from a FI setup and increase reliability. To me there is no point in adding power if all I'm going to do is spin tiers more I want to be able to put the power to the ground.
Sponsored