Sponsored

Which Lightweight Battery Is Best?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Chiming in on my experience with the Antigravity ATX20HD.
  • Installed May/2021 with 48,800 miles
  • 21 lbs weight savings = worth every penny.
  • Usage: 2 years, 8 months
  • Current miles: 69,000
Not a daily, but driven often. The vehicle is garage parked and always on an Optimate TM-291 trickle charger. Whipple Kit, Factory stereo system. No issues to date.

I installed AG's battery foam pads to keep the battery from moving in the battery box and never got back to it. That carbon 3D printed battery holder looks great, may need to finally get around to upgrading.

1E123B1F-5A8F-46CE-8A2F-0F9E226F5A06.jpg
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Top the Antigravity battery up before installing and you don't have to do a reset either. I'm pleased with mine.... ATX-20HD
Wondering if you have to catch the Antigravity battery in order to install it or can one carry it normally?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It would be great if it would lighten the car by 1000 Lbs.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Installed battery mount from @2morrow

Great quality and fitment. No stress on cables.
IMG_4715.jpeg
IMG_4718.jpeg
IMG_4648.jpeg

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
If you get a chance, could you post a pic of where your battery tender
connections are terminated? I'm guessing you have them secured to
the cowl somehow. Thx.
No problem. Actually I just have it slid underneath the battery cover and through the space between the hood and cowl.

IMG_4721.jpeg
IMG_4723.jpeg
IMG_4724.jpeg

Sponsored

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance pack
How else do you mount a battery half the size of the original? Not sure what other options you're referring to as the tiny lithium battery option has not "been around forever".
How else do you mount a battery half the size of the original? Not sure what other options you're referring to as the tiny lithium battery option has not "been around forever".
I prefer to just use the little small wedge piece of rubber/plastic that mounts and holds it Bron the base of the battery and a bolt when usin a full size (or close to full size) battery. Cleaner appearing and lighter and almost gives the look of nothing being there other than the battery itself. Mounting a smaller battety i would more than likely modify one slightly if need be to work w that battery. Piece of cake to do- lighter - cleaner appearance and free other than a 15 min time investment

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I moved on to an AGM. I have the whole saga in my build thread.

Long story short, pushing the car at all, LiPo is not the answer in my case (BMS doesn't like the LiPo BMS). Some folks have had better luck. But I found folks running LiPo aren't running DSC's for the most part.
What agm did you use. I find it hard to believe that a 5 lb lithium will last long w my car being street driven and having a small 8” JL sub and amp

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
The juice isn't worth the squeeze to add 2-3 lbs cable, for a 6 lb battery. Just mount it in the normal spot and be done.

I cut my battery box to make it all work with the Antigravity solution. Too bad the LiPo was insufficient for the magride/dsc.
I’ll be drilling a small hole in the corner of the oem battery box and running wire ( properly secured and inside loom for protection) beneath the Car and on side of factory inner frame rail for protection and up into the trunk via a small drilled hole w grommet. Easy/quick/simple and neat

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’ll be drilling a small hole in the corner of the oem battery box and running wire ( properly secured and inside loom for protection) beneath the Car and on side of factory inner frame rail for protection and up into the trunk via a small drilled hole w grommet. Easy/quick/simple and neat
That's what the previous owner of my car did. It works, but I would have gone through the normal route similar to how you would route the battery relocate kit.

But regardless how you do it, once you go through the firewall, just run the cable under the door sill, along the front of the rear seat, and then through the middle of the rear seat to the trunk.
Sponsored