2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Neat. So that whole assembly replaces the entire factory battery box? Or sits inside the box (preferrable)?
Thank you. It sits inside your pre existing battery box and uses OEM provision to secure it to box.

The beauty of this method is it doesn’t create an issue with the cables connecting to the battery and you can use the cover for track/tech purposes.

DM me with any other questions you might have. YouTube video will be up by the weekend with a full run down of the unit.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I forgot about this thread.

move been continually working on updates to my Carbon Fiber 3D printed battery tray. Total weight with strap is 209 grams.

Advancements in filament and software has given different options in the final product. Here are a few shots.

IMG_7217.jpeg

IMG_7218.jpeg

Note the finger hole so that you can reset the battery button
IMG_7219.jpeg

This tray will accommodate an Antigravity ATX-20HD
Nice work! How much?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey M6G'ers,

Update with more details on the CF Battery Tray,

I'm currently designing and printing a revised strap with a bigger "Window". All new units will have this piece. Screenshots to follow.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Updated strap with larger window for the maintenance button/indicator lights on top of the battery.

Gen 2 Strap.jpg

Gen 2 Tray and Strap.jpg

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah Todd, that's pretty sweet. I have the Repop3d one, and I like your desing much better. The battery is a P-I-T-A to get in and out of the actual hold down. Once in, it looks and fits great, but not user friendly.

One thing I have from experience on this case and yours looks to be similiar, I wish the case raised the battery about 1/4", 1/2 at most. this would leave the cables in more of a straight line instead of dipping down inside the box just slightly; or such was the case when I mounted this one. Just a thought.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah Todd, that's pretty sweet. I have the Repop3d one, and I like your design much better. The battery is a P-I-T-A to get in and out of the actual hold down. Once in, it looks and fits great, but not user friendly.

One thing I have from experience on this case and yours looks to be similar, I wish the case raised the battery about 1/4", 1/2 at most. this would leave the cables in more of a straight line instead of dipping down inside the box just slightly; or such was the case when I mounted this one. Just a thought.
Hi @galaxy , thank you for your feedback.

To your point, we identified the height issue early on and adjusted the height so that there is no stress on the cables.

IMG_5250.JPG

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance pack
300 will get you an OEM battery lol.

if you deal with extreme temps I wouldn’t recommend it either
Where are you going to get your $300 batteries? The dealer? There’s actually quite a few options for substantially less than that
Personally I think dropping 4-5-600 on a battery is just plain stupid. .
As for the mounting brackets, I’m mounting in the trunk for traction and weight redistribution issues. Imo if you’re gonna spend money for performance in this area you should def rear mount the thing and get the added fairly decent benefits of doing so. Weight off the nose of the car, weight added over the drive wheels and on the side beneficial for launching the car. This is after all a nose heavy 500+ rwhp car w traction challenges. No brainer to me that you mount it rear in a box. Also will do a shut off and charging port above license plate- possibly solar charger as well down the line

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance pack
I don’t see the point of these mounting contraptions. Very easy, simple aesthetically pleasing options that have been around forever that I prefer visually over them. To each their own though.
What are the daily driver guys doing for an affordable lighter weight battery? Everyone says I like/use/prefer X battery but never add at what capacity they’re used. This a daily, race car, weekend warrior??? As of now I’m leaning toward the Braille 21 as my car is a daily and has a small sub

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don’t see the point of these mounting contraptions.
How else do you mount a battery half the size of the original? Not sure what other options you're referring to as the tiny lithium battery option has not "been around forever".

Last edited:

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Where are you going to get your $300 batteries? The dealer? There’s actually quite a few options for substantially less than that
Personally I think dropping 4-5-600 on a battery is just plain stupid. .
As for the mounting brackets, I’m mounting in the trunk for traction and weight redistribution issues. Imo if you’re gonna spend money for performance in this area you should def rear mount the thing and get the added fairly decent benefits of doing so. Weight off the nose of the car, weight added over the drive wheels and on the side beneficial for launching the car. This is after all a nose heavy 500+ rwhp car w traction challenges. No brainer to me that you mount it rear in a box. Also will do a shut off and charging port above license plate- possibly solar charger as well down the line
The juice isn't worth the squeeze to add 2-3 lbs cable, for a 6 lb battery. Just mount it in the normal spot and be done.

I cut my battery box to make it all work with the Antigravity solution. Too bad the LiPo was insufficient for the magride/dsc.

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
How did you find it to be insufficient? I run a LiFePo4 and it has worked for me in all facets.

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
Yes, I have a dsc that is tuned and many additional items that are powered, that's why I was asking what problems you were having. What battery do you use now, maybe I can help.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes, I have a dsc that is tuned and many additional items that are powered, that's why I was asking what problems you were having. What battery do you use now, maybe I can help.
I moved on to an AGM. I have the whole saga in my build thread.

Long story short, pushing the car at all, LiPo is not the answer in my case (BMS doesn't like the LiPo BMS). Some folks have had better luck. But I found folks running LiPo aren't running DSC's for the most part.
Sponsored