Sponsored

Where is everyone going???

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
I have no plans to sell my GT350 anytime soon. It does make think when you see the value of these cars now. My trade in is almost $4000 more than I paid for it last May. Making money on selling a car would feel good since it doesn't happen too often.

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I originally traded in my used 2017 GT350 for a new 2019 Ford Raptor. At the time, I thought it was a good idea, but I ended up missing the Shelby so much that less than a year later, I found a 2018 and traded my Raptor for it.

I've definitely been through a handful of cars recently, and still have wandering eyes for other cars (wanted an E92 M3 since I was 16, love the F82 M4, and recently started having an eye for a GT4) but I personally like the GT350 too much to completely get rid of it again. If anything, I'd wanna add another vehicle, for sake of being able to switch things up whenever I feel like it... but the GT350 isn't going anywhere.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What's wrong with the 2015s?
Too expensive. Unless you're buying to collect.

If you are buying to drive, you can get a better car for less money.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Love the GT350, and don't plan on letting it go. It's awesome because it has room for my kids, has so much character that it is fun even when going slow, and is amazing on track even when essentially totally stock.

However, I do miss my 350Z, which was a smaller car, and which had limits that were more approachable on the street.

I keep thinking that I'd love to add a Miata, or maybe even the new Z when it arrives. I also think about a 918 GTS 4.0 (to get the convertible feel), or maybe even a Cayman GT4, but whenever I spec one out I reach ~$100,000 for a GTS 4.0 or $120,000 for a GT4. I'm just not ready to spend that much on a car when I already have the GT350. Plus the limits on those cars are quite high as well and I don't think I'd appreciate what they have to offer unless I tracked them. So, that leads me back to a Miata. I just don't have the driveway space for one. Then when the new Z comes out I'll probably have rush of nostalgia and will end up getting one if it is any good. Hell, it could be essentially the same as my 350Z and I'd love it. That car was maybe not objectively great (although it was quite good when it debuted), but it was really good all around.

But, I don't see myself ever selling the GT350. Too special of a car IMO.

-T

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Love the GT350, and don't plan on letting it go. It's awesome because it has room for my kids, has so much character that it is fun even when going slow, and is amazing on track even when essentially totally stock.

However, I do miss my 350Z, which was a smaller car, and which had limits that were more approachable on the street.

I keep thinking that I'd love to add a Miata, or maybe even the new Z when it arrives. I also think about a 918 GTS 4.0 (to get the convertible feel), or maybe even a Cayman GT4, but whenever I spec one out I reach ~$100,000 for a GTS 4.0 or $120,000 for a GT4. I'm just not ready to spend that much on a car when I already have the GT350. Plus the limits on those cars are quite high as well and I don't think I'd appreciate what they have to offer unless I tracked them. So, that leads me back to a Miata. I just don't have the driveway space for one. Then when the new Z comes out I'll probably have rush of nostalgia and will end up getting one if it is any good. Hell, it could be essentially the same as my 350Z and I'd love it. That car was maybe not objectively great (although it was quite good when it debuted), but it was really good all around.

But, I don't see myself ever selling the GT350. Too special of a car IMO.

-T
I would humbly suggest to add the Fiesta ST to your list. When I don't have to carry the full family or a bunch of stuff, it's the most fun ride at low speeds. And this is with an M5 and a 911 in the stable. The reason the Fiesta is great is because the Miata and the new Z and the like are all pretty limited-use vehicles. The Fiesta isn't, so you end up jumping in it more often.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Great find.
Is it me or is that a really good price for a ”new” ‘15?
Full factory warranty to boot, I think.
No clue, I was never really watching the gt350s when they first came out. I love the sticker of almost $60k and a "discount of $4k to almost $100k. Lol, a discount but $40k more then sticker.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
No clue, I was never really watching the gt350s when they first came out. I love the sticker of almost $60k and a "discount of $4k to almost $100k. Lol, a discount but $40k more then sticker.
When I bought mine the same thing happened, kind of.
Bought over the phone for 5K off sticker. When I got to the dealership to take delivery there was a 15K ADM next to the window sticker.
I was told I was getting a 20K discount...I just smiled and thought what planet do these guys operate on?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Great find.
Is it me or is that a really good price for a ”new” ‘15?
Full factory warranty to boot, I think.
Not sure but they sure gimped that poor 15 with the tech package...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My journey towards the 350 has been a winding road for sure. It was my dream in high school (1980's) to own one of the cool late sixties/early seventies muscle cars, instead I wound up with a straight six Ford Maverick ... LOL......they are actually very rare now. Fast forward to 2015 and the S550 refresh comes out. I jumped on board with a GT, but something was missing. I felt a bit disconnected from the car and the driving experience. I remember driving on the highway coming off an on ramp and looked down.. I was going well over the speed limit, but the car was so smooth, it felt almost like a luxury vehicle. I was tempted to go back in time to the rear axle models to get a more raw feel. Then the 350 opportunity came around and the first time I drove it I realized that this one was different. The handling, lighter front end, the sound, the jittery front end that makes you hold unto the steering wheel and pay attention, the tremec gear box vs the mt82.... the vehicle feedback.. all of the things the car is telling you if you listen to it. The driving experience is like nothing I've experienced before. I'm not a hobbyist that flips cars every 2-3 years (nothing wrong with that) so I envision myself hanging unto this car for a long time. As long as I am fortunate to be in good health and financially able to maintain it. Feel very grateful to own one of these. There will always be a moving market for any sports car that comes along, but man, this one seems special.

Last edited:

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
June will be three years of ownership. I have no intentions of selling or trading as of right now. Car is currently in the shop but that's another story. Every time I jump into the driver's seat is like the first time I drove it. I love the car that much!
Sponsored