Sponsored

Where is everyone going???

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Who cares what others think. If you want a Porsche go get yourself one and be happy. Life’s too short. You’re a car person. It only needs to make sense to you. Enjoy! Just one question...Can I try it? Please? Lol.
I have such a bias for front engine RWD cars that probably my 1986 944 will be the only Porsche I'll ever own. I'm really itching to LS swap it. I think it will be pretty fun at that point.
Sponsored

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
As some of the others have said. I don't plan on ever getting rid of mine. If it wasn't a Heritage Edition I probably would consider it, but its just way too special for me. A GT350 with the iconic stripes was my dream car. The chassis number on my car just further made me realize that this was for me. This was the car I really wanted and I made a conscious decision to get it. I have developed a strong emotional connection to it. I will be one of those old dudes cruising around town with the same car that he got back in the day. Really don't see myself getting another sports car again.

I'm not worried about long term reliability issues. I'll just buy another engine, I don't care. This car is badass and is the perfect car for me. I didn't want a GT350R because its just too hardcore (no backseats, no heated seats) and I don't want to stress over the really low splitter and CF wheels, so it'll be a bit easier to maintain.

My only disappointment is that I haven't been able to take it out as much because of the cold weather. It's warming up now so I'll be racking up the miles :)
I’m the same as you man. I almost gave in and traded for a GT500 but came back around. I just love everything about this car and I’m not scared of putting miles on it. I don’t care about resale and if the motor pops I’ll have no problem putting a new one in, with or without warranty. I’m sure I’ll end up with a 500 eventually but I’m not letting the 350 go. To me it really is a special car

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I DID sell a 350R then bought a GT500 CFTP...then sold it a couple weeks later just to buy a 20R. I could sell this one again at some point but it's not likely going to be for an automatic anything. I love the technology, having owned one of the best around, IMO (Audi RS3)...but just not for me at this point.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have such a bias for front engine RWD cars that probably my 1986 944 will be the only Porsche I'll ever own. I'm really itching to LS swap it. I think it will be pretty fun at that point.
I gave very serious thought to an LS-powered 944 before I found my 993. '80s classic looks, great chassis balance, and modern power ... hard to fault that.

I think it's funny that there is an assumption that those trading out of a GT350 are doing so for "image" or "status" reasons. My GT350R got WAY more attention than any other car I've ever owned, but I mostly like old, boxy German things and generally understated cars. People recognize a 911 shape, for sure, but a black, base 993 C2 is hardly an eye-catcher. (Even with a Fister exhaust, it's quieter than the R, too).

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I gave very serious thought to an LS-powered 944 before I found my 993. '80s classic looks, great chassis balance, and modern power ... hard to fault that.

I think it's funny that there is an assumption that those trading out of a GT350 are doing so for "image" or "status" reasons. My GT350R got WAY more attention than any other car I've ever owned, but I mostly like old, boxy German things and generally understated cars. People recognize a 911 shape, for sure, but a black, base 993 C2 is hardly an eye-catcher. (Even with a Fister exhaust, it's quieter than the R, too).
You know I have a junky project 964 going.... well I move it out of the garage, go around the block maybe to the store once in a while just to keep it moving until the point where the teardown begins.... My wife laughs because it's SO hideous and I get more complements on it than anything. I mean people have to recognize it's a turd in its current form but they love the shape, I guess. My wife has a mint low mile 01 Cobra, black...she was washing it in the driveway and I happened to have the 964 out....Amazon guy - "Cool Porshhhhh".

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I think it's simply the car being around long enough to start seeing some private sales going on.

Mine's not going anywhere for a while. But for the sake of discussion, if I had to replace it tomorrow, I'd love the opportunity to own a Cayman. Love those cars.

As for the P-car owners viewing this as a poser car, I've found the opposite to be true. Most of my DE events are with PCA and I've made several great friendships with some 718/911 owners because they wanted to come find the guy driving the Shelby.

Curiously, the local Mustang group treats me with way more hostility than any P-car owner I've met.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
I have owned 8 Mustangs in 7 years...might have a problem. I plan on keeping this one forever, BUT I bought my current Mustang to cope with a new career change. If the opportunity presents itself, here in the near future, to return to my previous career it will be sold as that career does not provide as much income as my current one. Previous career was much more enjoyable, and as hindsight is 20/20, should not have left it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think it's simply the car being around long enough to start seeing some private sales going on.

Mine's not going anywhere for a while. But for the sake of discussion, if I had to replace it tomorrow, I'd love the opportunity to own a Cayman. Love those cars.

As for the P-car owners viewing this as a poser car, I've found the opposite to be true. Most of my DE events are with PCA and I've made several great friendships with some 718/911 owners because they wanted to come find the guy driving the Shelby.

Curiously, the local Mustang group treats me with way more hostility than any P-car owner I've met.
“How dare you come to the track and beat me in my Porsche with your
mustang”.
For shame, for shame. :like:
Joking aside, the Porsche build quality, fit and finish is really impressive. I wish Mustang would adhere to those body tolerances and panel uniformity standards.

Last edited:

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I actually sold my 997tt for my '17 gt350. Both are huge attention getters, heavy, and chew through tires and brakes super quickly. I also DD'd the 997 and I DD the 350, no issues what so ever. After doing several HPDE days its getting harder to switch away from the gt350. It's just setup for the track very well. Any other option I could spring for would require a fair investment to get to the same point in so far as complete track/street setup.

I do miss the 911, one day I will figure out how to get a 997 gt3rs....

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Mines is still in the garage right next to my 68. Not going anywhere. Each time I have considered it, I drive toi office, (32mins) I drive around, and just fall in love all over again. I know the trans in the GT500 is nice...but man I still love rowing my gears.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well, I have joined the ranks of sellers. There were a few reasons, none of which had to do with the car itself, which I still love.
1) Living in urban Chicago with 7 cars was getting troublesome. Wife and I had three sports cars between us. We decided to keep the 911, which we both love, and sell the GT350R, which I loved and she didn't, and her TT, which she loved and I didn't. That's the main reason
2) I found a great buyer - it went to a guy I've been friends with since 2nd grade, who is also a big Mustang fan
3) I found myself not driving it that much, in part because the roads where I live make it impossible to enjoy that level of performance. Paradoxically, smaller and lower-powered cars are just more fun day to day here. That's why the Fiesta ST is such a winner for me. The 993 is similar. When I could get the R on an open road or a track, it was super fun, but that was only happening 5-6 times a year.
4) I'm almost done with my race car rebuild (S54-powered E36 BMW), so that will be my track weapon of choice. If I'm not tracking the GT350R, then it's not living its best life, IMO

All in, I had her a little more than 4 years, which is longer than I keep most cars. I sold it for just a few $K less than I paid for it. I miss it a ton already. I might hang around this forum longer; I have enjoyed this group quite a bit!
RE: Race car: I club raced with the Pacific Region of BMW CCA off and on from 2002 to 2015. Had a 2001 330ci. Last engine when I sold it was out of a 2003 E46 M3.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
A surprising number of people own this type of car because they want people to pay attention to them. They move on to the next big thing in the hopes that people will praise them for owning a car. They dream of being Facebook heroes because they own a new car. They live in fear of the warranty running out because they lack the money, skills or ability to fix or repair even a burned out bulb.

You will be impressed with the number of 3 year old GT350's with 4,000 miles for sale. The cost of an oil change or tires priced them out of their car and now it's back to leasing an Audi or BMW in their quest for self-esteem.

:crackup::giggle:
LOL. I purchased my 2016 in December 2019 with 7,400 on it.

Goz To 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've had an awesome experience. and have no plans to move on. I came from a herd of BMW M cars, and always thought I'd keep my well-modified E92 M3 with the V8 for the long haul. I hit the track 8 to 10 weekends a year, and I daily drive my car until the snow falls.

A friend of a friend got me into the GT350 release event at Road America, back when the GT350 first came out, and the I wanted one from the minute I took my helmet off after the event. I went solely with the intention of just getting a neat chance to track-drive the newest hot toy, and was completely smitten in 3 short hours.

What Ford was able to do with this car, and how in the Hell they got the bean-counters to approve this motor, the carbon rims and wing, is an automotive miracle. Not to mention the shoes it had to fill from the original benchmark. The car is a fire hose of information and attitude at all times, and on the track, it is a truly awesome experience. I find it similar to the GTR, where the car can turn in, brake, and power out of situations that you just don't think possible, and do it with complete composure. I giggle like a school girl most everytime I'm pushing it.

I think the car looks helaciously angry and makes noises that make small children cry and dogs pee, and I absolutely love it. There are many faster, and many built with superior quality, but this one is my unicorn....

Alright, I will put the Ford Kool-aid down now......

Scott