What's changing on '22?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 528i, 2020 Ram 1500
Your Mach 1 does not use this box and filter. The Mach 1 uses the intake from the GT350. Now sure what your carbon trap filter will look like. I doubt removing it will make any noticeable difference.
I’m not concerned with the suggested loss of hp, I really didn’t know what a hydrocarbon filter was or where it would be located. Glad to know it’s not installed on the gt350 intake tube.

Last edited:

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost PP
The MAF sensor has been relocated on the 22MY. The harness may or may not reach the location of older Aftermarket boxes and will definitely require a tune to any movement of the MAF.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
1642321363415.jpeg

Yes … :facepalm: :giggle:

WD :like:
It took me several minutes to figure out what was different. I was just about to give up and ask when the penny finally dropped. :cwl:
I had never even thought about checking that speaker rim. I have now. It's chromed on both sides. Phew! :whew:

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would have rather had the black one (and the tri bar design), but the black one was wrong and it was also that panel that needed replacing (delivery damage).

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Since when did everybody start calling door panels "cards" ?
It's become 'cool" to use the British words for car parts. Ranks right up there with Americans saying "saloons".

It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the use of the word "fitment".

Hanavarian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
It's become 'cool" to use the British words for car parts. Ranks right up there with Americans saying "saloons".

Haha I don't know what else to call the panel within the panel. What's it called?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red

Could be worse. You could get a door nick on your “wing”. Don’t know why that one makes me drool but it does.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Boot = trunk.
Wing = fender.
Bonnet = hood.
Sill = rocker.
Petrol = gas.

Just a few that I got accustomed to when I joined here :like:

To be fair, I already knew 'Fender' from one of my old Scalextric cars that confused me for years :

1642602606958.png

And after finding that image on google, stick shifter also makes a lot more sense. The connection with that one was never made - when I was young pretty much everything was stick, auto's were uncommon and reserved for eccentric old folk ... :giggle:

Door cards have and always will be door cards to me. I think that came from the fact that early ones were pretty much that i.e. just a high density card type material covered in vinyl with some plastic crap screwed on for good measure ... lol

1642603004701.png

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well, we can forgive you for being misguided by your weird version of English :p Hehe. I'd be interested in the etymology of some of those terms. The American ones make more sense to me. I mean, it's not a wing. You aren't gonna go fly with it. It's not a bonnett, that's something you wear on your head. It's not a "card" even if that's what they used to be (they have been much more elaborate door PANELS for 7 decades or so). A boot is footwear.... cars don't have footwear. I actually think "sill" makes more sense than "rocker," though. Sill is how we describe the same portion of a window or doorway on a building, so it makes sense. I'm not sure what the etymology is behind "rocker."

15 - Steeda - 5